What is your favorite moment upon boarding?

mets550

So many favorites....Going up the gangway, that first "DING!", the "welcome aboard" from the fabulous staff, the first cocktail, the sailaway, getting to our cabin & going to the balcony. I love all aspects of cruising, but if I had to pick one, it would be the DING!! We will be sailing on the Oasis in October - our first time on that ship! I'm sure seeing that ship as the taxi approaches the port will be added to this list of favorites :D

stepping out of the taxi to hand my bags to the porters starts it for me. Always there early. I can stand in line at the port and be perfectly content with waiting to board the ship. The first step off the gangway onto the ship is aways a wonderful as well.

My favorite time is after the mandatory safety drill [which is my least favoritr part] then I can go and unpack. Then my vacation begins. I can also go and make reservations at Portifinos.:) Can't wait till Sept 22 for our Oasis cruise. We've been on most all of the RCCL ships but this is our first Oasis class. Hope to get booked on the Allure next year. I always have to have another cruise to look forward to, although we are going on the Liberty transatlantic in Oct. and the Silohette in Jan.

Arriving at the Cruise Terminal and knowing our vacation is soon to begin, seeing the beautiful ship and walking on board.

I am a "Cruise Terminal "kind of girl too. My heart beats faster and I feel all giddy inside when I see the ship afar. The 'ding' is just the icing on the cake!

Archived