What is your favorite moment upon boarding?

mets550

For me, it's usually having that first view of the ship upon boarding and then getting a drink in my hand, but since this will be my first balcony room, I will be counting down to 1pm, when I can check out my personal balcony. I truly cannot wait ...

For me, it's usually having that first view of the ship upon boarding and then getting a drink in my hand, but since this will be my first balcony room, I will be counting down to 1pm, when I can check out my personal balcony. I truly cannot wait ...

Enjoy your balcony! I know that you will love it.

Enjoying a bottle of champagne with Hubby on our balcony as we sail away is the absolute favorite.

But the first ding, boarding the ship, entering into the interior, the Windjammer lunch, the first drink, seeing our cabin for the first time, unpacking competed, and the end of the muster drill are also special.

We always fly in a day before our cruise. We spend the afternoon looking around the cruise ship city, have an early dinner, head back to our hotel. Get up in the morning, have breakfast, grab our bags for the cab or hotel shuttle - it's cruise day. For me, it starts as soon my transportation arrives, and we head for the port. Everything else - check in, id photo, boarding the ship is all frosting on the cake.

Yes, I agree with this. I stay with friends in Boca for Thanksgiving for my post- thanksgiving cruise so I am not travelling on cruise day. But,Waking up in the morning of cruise day that is when the excitement starts and it gets more exciting as we drive to the pier, unloading the bags, standing in line waiting to check in, waiting to board and then boarding. Then the ultimate, finding the cabin. I have arrived!,

Definitely the sailaway. It's so exciting watching your embarkation port fade into the distance and realizing the fun has really begun!:)

The first time I remember this feeling was actually on my third cruise. Sailing out of Vancouver, and as I watched the city disappear, I got all giddy thinking, "I'm going to Alaska!"

I don't remember sail-away on either of my first two cruises.

Be sure to take it VERRRRRRRRY slow, savor every moment, sound sight and smell, have your camera around your neck and take umpteen million photos (You'll never take as many as on your first cruise again!) And this is the cruise you'll remember the most...oh joy oh bliss, I almost wish I was in your shoes again......:p

Congratulations and enjoy!!!!

Remember, you can sleep at home;)

You'll have about 50 favorites by the end of your cruise!

Awwww thanks everyone, can't believe we'll be sailing 3 weeks on sunday! Considering I booked this well over a year ago the time is whizzing by now

I'm soooooooo excited about everthing and will be doing a full trip report once it's all over so I can look back and read it and remember all my favourite things about the cruise :cool:

Archived