What is your favorite moment upon boarding?

mets550

I thought of another one.....

Right after you swipe your card and get past all the employees and see the most wonderful sight in the world. The inside of the ship. You are no longer thinking about planning or packing or transfers. You have arrived and your vacation has begun!!:D:D

I completely agree - I step onboard, take a big breath and (every time) say "I'm home"!:D.

I love those moments after you have checked in and are walking to the ship. It is like I have waited so long to cruise and it is finally about to happen again:) Then crossing over and that very first DING!!! woo-hoo!!! We will go on our 13th cruise in January and it is still just as exciting as the very first time! Cruising is truly addicting!!!

Vicki

We just came off a 7 day med.... and when checking in the agent wrote on a sticker a different room number on my passport??? When we walked up to the room there was a door bell, I booked a D1 and was upgraded to a Grand Suite- it was the most amazing surprise. We felt like we won the lotto:)

When I came onboard of the 1st cruise of the Nordic empress. About at least 15 room stewards were all lind up and they took our carryons and showed us to our cabins.

Also another moment was when I got onboard the royal princess the 1st day.

That cruise you could also have lunch in the mdr. I was sitting at a table with a bunch of people. All of a sudden there were these hands on my shoulders. It was my friend who was staff captain letting me know that dinner would be the 1st sitting cause he had to be on the bridge during the 2nd sitting.

These were my favorite 2 boarding day moments. Otherwise I just like it when you 1st step onboard.

I agree with Host Faith. For me stepping on the balcony and leaning on the railing looking at the water and other sights means that I am on the cruise. Any travel hassles are behind us. We have made it to the ship ontime. I know I can relax.:)

I look forward to being dismissed from the muster drill. That's when I really feel like the cruise has started :)

I know it! I've heard a lot of people complain about the muster and look for ways to get out of it, but it's the first mindless thing that I get to do that week. They tell me where to go, where to stand and when I can leave. And now that we don't have to take vests back to the cabin, it's straight upstairs to jockey for position for the sail away. :D

We always fly in a day before our cruise. We spend the afternoon looking around the cruise ship city, have an early dinner, head back to our hotel. Get up in the morning, have breakfast, grab our bags for the cab or hotel shuttle - it's cruise day. For me, it starts as soon my transportation arrives, and we head for the port. Everything else - check in, id photo, boarding the ship is all frosting on the cake.

I love when we walk into our stateroom and open the sliding glass doors to step onto the balcony. The first thing we do is stare down at the water, lol.

NICE burgers and desserts on the Ft Lauderdale pics! :p Wow, it is 9:30pm and feel like firing up the grill!!! LOL

~Bob~

Archived