Orlando-Cape Canaveral Question

kaseykahnefan

Hi all. We are going on the Dream out of Cape Canaveral. Our cruise leaves on a Saturday. We are flying in on a Thursday and staying in Orlando we can spend the day at Universal Studios on Friday. Then on Saturday we are going to Cape Canaveral to get on the Dream. What is the best way to do all this shuttling about? I was thinking of taking the Super Shuttle from the airport to the hotel. But what is the best way to get from the hotel to Cape Canaveral? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi all. We are going on the Dream out of Cape Canaveral. Our cruise leaves on a Saturday. We are flying in on a Thursday and staying in Orlando we can spend the day at Universal Studios on Friday. Then on Saturday we are going to Cape Canaveral to get on the Dream. What is the best way to do all this shuttling about? I was thinking of taking the Super Shuttle from the airport to the hotel. But what is the best way to get from the hotel to Cape Canaveral? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Plenty of companies will take you from your hotel - it would

be a private shuttle and cost $100-$200 depending on group

size and type of car. Much cheaper using shared shuttle from

airport so may cheaper to head BACK to airport to meet

shuttle??? Try this link (hope it works)

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bcqn%2Cfixedpos%3Dfalse%2Cboost_normal%3D40%2Cboost_high%3D40%2Ccconf%3D1.0%2Cmin_length%3D2%2Crate_low%3D0.030%2Crate_high%3D0.030%2Csecond_pass%3Dfalse%2Cignore_bad_origquery%3Dtrue&gs_nf=1&tok=OtZ81zX2dr4TEi-czNmPyQ&cp=14&gs_id=1h&xhr=t&q=orlando+to+port+canaveral&pf=p&output=search&sclient=psy-ab&oq=orlando+to+por&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=224718c836c49286&biw=1440&bih=783

Also check with your hotel - they may have some ideas.

Good luck!

With needing to get around town for a couple of days just rent a car at the airport but request to drop the car at one of the rental locations in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. These rental locations will have a shuttle to take you to the ship. Rental car rates in Florida are pretty reasonable and most do not have a drop fee for one way rentals. A rental car gives you a little flexibility and might be cheaper than using multiple shuttle services.

With needing to get around town for a couple of days just rent a car at the airport but request to drop the car at one of the rental locations in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. These rental locations will have a shuttle to take you to the ship. Rental car rates in Florida are pretty reasonable and most do not have a drop fee for one way rentals. A rental car gives you a little flexibility and might be cheaper than using multiple shuttle services.

This may or may not be true.

One one cruise we were able to do a cheap car rental and it worked beautifully.

On our next cruise, though, car rental prices were riduiculously high and found a better and more convenient deal using a shuttle.

As a footnote, the majority do indeed have a drop-off fee.

I had actually checked on a rental car and found one for a reasonable price. But the drop off fee was quite high.

I actually thought about super shuttling back to the airport and then taking carnival's shuttle for $35.00 but didn't know if there were some other suggestions that might be able to get around all the shuttling about.

I don't know if we need to rent a car because the hotel has a shuttle to Universal. and we can eat at Resturants in walking distance.

Decisions Decisions LOL.

Thanks yall for the suggestions!!

This may or may not be true.

One one cruise we were able to do a cheap car rental and it worked beautifully.

On our next cruise, though, car rental prices were riduiculously high and found a better and more convenient deal using a shuttle.

As a footnote, the majority do indeed have a drop-off fee.

Must be some changes taking place with the rental car business down there. If more rental companies are charging drop fees that is new to me, I don't doubt this is taking place but it was not my experience in the past of paying a drop fee. Many factors can cause changes in how these companies operate. Hopefullt the OP can come up with a good solution.

If you are considering a shuttle from Orlando to Cape Canaveral I would recommend Cocoa Beach Shuttle. I have used them twice and had no issues. Reasonable price and ontime.

I don't know how to make this offer this day and age of creepers galore, particularly on the internet; but I live in Orlando and go fishing out of Port Canaveral almost every saturday. If you want to try to line something up for me to run your crew down there I really wouldn't mind giving you a lift. I try to knock out a "pay it forward" gesture whenever I have the opportunity. I accept all forms of cases of beer as payment! Let me know if I can help you out.

Depending how many people are in your party......I reserved a rental car for our cruise in December. We will pick up our car at the airport and we are also staying in Orlando for the night prior to our cruise.

Then the morning of the cruise we will drive to Port Canaveral and drop the car off at Budget Rental Car facility before heading to the port.

For our return trip to the airport we have booked a shuttle with CruiseXpress FLA for $50.00 for 2 people. They came with good reviews and they were the cheapest I found

The number of people in your party will likely determine your best transfer option. If you have already decided a rental car is not an option, your best bet might be to go back to the Orlando airport and take the Carnival shuttle from there on cruise embarkation day. There are always Carnival representatives wandering around in the baggage claim area to assist you. Remember, it is nearly an hour ride to Port Canaveral from the Orlando aiport depending on traffic, so any transfers will cost more.

I will mention this since I did not see any other posts about it. I hired a towncar service to go from Orlando to Port Canaveral for one cruise. It was about $100 with tip (per car not per person). Very convenient and hassle free. Florida Towncar Service was who I used but there are others too. They have a webpage if you google the name. They can also provide car seats if needed. If you have a larger party or lots of luggage though, this won't work for you.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Edited by winddawn

• 3 years later...

Our cruise last May we rented a car. The rate was extremely affordable and they did not charge a drop fee. I seriously think it was like $20 with taxes. Of course we ended up renting a GPS and prepaying gas (don't), so we paid more but the rental itself was cheap.

I found a deal on a website that specializes in CAR RENTALS. A lot of people on the message board dedicated to florida departures recommend it. I probably can't say the name of the site but if you google car rentals, you should find the one.

I just checked them out the other day for a rental this year and while I did not see the same great deal as before, it was still pretty reasonable and no drop fee. Something like $30 per day or something.