Port Canaveral to Disney

critcatny

Hi, Hoping someone can give me some advice on the best/cheapest way to get back and forth from Port Canaveral to a Disney Park. The price of the Carnival excursion is really high but since I have no idea of the price of any other form of transportation, not sure if it really is or not.

Any info you can give would be appreciated.

Hi, Hoping someone can give me some advice on the best/cheapest way to get back and forth from Port Canaveral to a Disney Park. The price of the Carnival excursion is really high but since I have no idea of the price of any other form of transportation, not sure if it really is or not.

Any info you can give would be appreciated.

The travel time Port Canaveral is about an hour. You might want to arrange for a rental car to pick you up at the port with a shuttle . Then you can drive to Disney and get in. Drive back , return the car a get there shuttle to the port.

An advantage with the ship tour is you might have priority tickets to the Disney Parks. Some parks limit as to how many people they allow in .

Just keep a few things in mind if you do this excursion. This will be a very expensive excursion for a few hours in the park. Even when you arrive, it will be at least another 30 min before you get to the park itself. Same thing for getting back to your transportation---you need to allow 30 min to get back to the parking lot. So, that is an hour of time you will not get in the park.

Also, lines will more than likely be long and you will not get to ride many rides.

If you decide to book the transportation with someone other than the cruise line, just keep in mind that you are taking the chance of missing the ship if anything happens on the way back to the ship.

IMO only, these excursions to DW for the day, simply are not worth the money. You won't even get to experience half the park, so just keep that in mind,:)

Thank you both for your opinions. I will take all into consideration. I do realize how expensive this day will be but there's not much else I'd like to do while in Port Canaveral so it's Disney or another Sea day (and we already have 4). And my boyfriend has never been to Disney at all so I'd love for him to experience it just once. I think with a trip that far from the port, I'd feel very nervous about missing the ship if I didn't take their excursion. So it will probably end up being the high priced excursion for a short visit to a park or stay on the ship.

I think the driving time estimate of 1 hour each way is unrealistic. I would say 1½ hours each way is more realistic, assuming no accidents, traffic jams or driving mistakes on your part. In other words, you would need 3 hours minimum and absolutely no wrong turns. Oh yes, if you are on your own and are late returning to your ship, they won't wait for you.

Thank you both for your opinions. I will take all into consideration. I do realize how expensive this day will be but there's not much else I'd like to do while in Port Canaveral so it's Disney or another Sea day (and we already have 4). And my boyfriend has never been to Disney at all so I'd love for him to experience it just once. I think with a trip that far from the port, I'd feel very nervous about missing the ship if I didn't take their excursion. So it will probably end up being the high priced excursion for a short visit to a park or stay on the ship.

How long are you in port that day?

We are in port from 7am to 6pm. I've done some more research and we are leaning toward going to SeaWorld instead. That excursion is from 8am to 5pm. I think it's like an hour to SeaWorld also. I'm a nervous person so not sure I'd try this on my own after thinking about it. I'd probably have it on my mind all day worrying about if we'll make it back on time or leave the park so early just to make sure. Think if we do it, we'll pay the $$$ and go through Carnival.

Has anyone taken the SeaWorld excursion through Carnival that can give me any more info on it like what time you actually got into the park and what time they asked you to leave the park?

We are in port from 7am to 6pm. I've done some more research and we are leaning toward going to SeaWorld instead. That excursion is from 8am to 5pm. I think it's like an hour to SeaWorld also. I'm a nervous person so not sure I'd try this on my own after thinking about it. I'd probably have it on my mind all day worrying about if we'll make it back on time or leave the park so early just to make sure. Think if we do it, we'll pay the $$$ and go through Carnival.

Has anyone taken the SeaWorld excursion through Carnival that can give me any more info on it like what time you actually got into the park and what time they asked you to leave the park?

Call Michael with Executive vip limo 321-505-0009,

They do port of call transfers to all of the theme parks

and will answer all of your questions regarding the

pros and cons of the excursions.

Just keep a few things in mind if you do this excursion. This will be a very expensive excursion for a few hours in the park. Even when you arrive, it will be at least another 30 min before you get to the park itself. Same thing for getting back to your transportation---you need to allow 30 min to get back to the parking lot. So, that is an hour of time you will not get in the park.

Also, lines will more than likely be long and you will not get to ride many rides.

If you decide to book the transportation with someone other than the cruise line, just keep in mind that you are taking the chance of missing the ship if anything happens on the way back to the ship.

IMO only, these excursions to DW for the day, simply are not worth the money. You won't even get to experience half the park, so just keep that in mind,:)

100% agree with this.

Looks like they'll be open 9am-6pm. Take note of one thing on their website for your date:

Penguin Encounter

If you're in port until 6pm, there is no way they will be pulling out of the parking lot at 5pm--it should be sooner than that.

You'll get to see more at Sea World, but just keep in mind, you'll still be limited. We do 2 days at Sea World every time and still don't get to see, do & ride everything.

If you decide to go with it, have a great time! Sea World is a lot of fun!!

I do realize that our time in the park will be cut short but I've been to Orlando many times when my kids were younger. My BF has never been but is not a ride person but is an animal person so I think he'll love it there. We don't have to wait on any long lines for the rides which will help with the time. As far as price, I thought the Carnival excursion was very expensive but when I made a call, I found out a round trip ride from port to park for 2 is about $250. Therefore, the $140pp which includes the ticket doesn't sound so bad after all (and it comes with the guarantee of us not missing the ship).

Archived