InterContinental Checkin Time

teamkern

We arrive the day before our cruise in Fort Lauderdale at 6:20 am and plan to rent a car. We are staying at the Intercontinental in Miami and were wondering what you think the earliest we could check in? We also were looking for ideas of what to do to kill the time before we can check in. Thanks for the input.

Call once you are in the car and see. We arrived about 10 am after a cruise on the destiny. Ended up waiting until about 2 pm.

Since they will have a rental car they don't have to wait. They can register, leave their luggage and leave. I would just swing over there.

Keith

Call once you are in the car and see. We arrived about 10 am after a cruise on the destiny. Ended up waiting until about 2 pm.

We've found them to be very flexible...but they also need a room available. In August we had two rooms booked and arrived about 11:30am and they checked us into both rooms.

Last year we had friends who flew in before us on an early morning flight and were checked in around 10:30am.

They're under no obligation to check you in early as it clearly states 3pm. But in both cases they were very accomodating and we were very appreciative. :)

• Pack a swimsuit in the carry-on and go relax by the pool
  • Leave the bags and head down to Van Dykes in Lincoln Road Mall in South Beach for a nice breakfast/walk around
  • Change in the bathroom of the hotel (they are huge), grab some pool towels and head down to South Beach by 4th Street and go for a swim
  • Put on your Mickey Mouse Ears, the biggest camera you have, and go look like the other tourists at Bayside Mall
  • Drive down to Key Biscayne/Bill Baggs State Park for a lagoon style, tree lined beach
  • Vizcaya
  • Leave the bags and get on the MetroMover and enjoy a free skyride around downtown
  • Go to Will Call near the AAA and get smashed on some drinks and order a fantastic Philly Cheese-steak Wit
  • Jump back in the car and head to Little Havana and have a Cuban Coffee

I could go on and on

We arrive the day before our cruise in Fort Lauderdale at 6:20 am and plan to rent a car. We are staying at the Intercontinental in Miami and were wondering what you think the earliest we could check in? We also were looking for ideas of what to do to kill the time before we can check in. Thanks for the input.

Keep your wallet handy - I think the IC charges guests $35 per day for parking! :eek:

When we stayed here in March of this year, check in time was noon. If we wanted to check in earlier there was a $100.00 early check in fee.:eek: I said no thanks to that. We were however allowed to keep our luggage with the bell hops and headed straight to the pool (which the front desk personnel) said that it was okay to do. Just have your bathing suits, lotion and other essentials in a separate bag. Our room was available by 2:00 p.m. I'm sure it depends on the time of year, how busy the hotel is, etc. We had previously stayed at the IC and had gotten our room before noon, two years ago. So I guess you never know. Just go prepared, in the event the room is not available for you at the time of check-in.

Thanks everyone for the input and great advice about what to do. We do not plan on parking there so we will not have that cost to deal with. Lot's of options for us, it will probably depend on how awake our 12 & 14 year old are...who am I kidding, it will depend on how awake I am from a cross country redeye:D

Archived