Half Moon Cay

southernfocus

I am looking for a cruise that goes to Half Moon Cay. It is surprising that there are nit that many that stop here.

The CCL site also doesn't make it easy to find them either...

Any suggestions on finding cruises that include a stop at HMC?

If you do search on the CCL website, with the Bahamas as your destinatinon.. 5 pages of results pop up. Each cruise lists it's ports. Multiple 4 and 5 day cruises that include HMC :)

I am looking for a cruise that goes to Half Moon Cay. It is surprising that there are nit that many that stop here.

HMC has limited capacity and very, very rarely is there more then 1 ship there and almost never a HAL and CCL ship at the same time.

During the winter months when most of the HAL fleet is in the Caribbean, Carnival gets to barely use it.

The Miracle/Splendor out of NYC also does HMC in the spring/summer.

It is HAL's island, so their fleet gets first pick and Carnival uses some dates unused by HAL. (I have never heard of a HAL ship there with a Carnival ship. Have seen 2 HAL ships there frequently. Can't have the old HAL pax mixing with the unwashed masses of Carnival. ;)))

Like somebody said, when HAL brings their fleet back to the Caribbean for the winter, there are very few Carnival stops there.

We have been there 4 times.

The easiest way we have found to get there is out of Jacksonville.

They usually run a five day with HMC, followed by a four day Nassau/Freeport, followed by a five day with Key Wesy instead of HMC.

So every other week, Fascination is "scheduled" for HMC.

Bill

I would just add to the conversation that if you are going to cruise in the Winter season, it isn't uncommon for the call at HMC to be cancelled if the weather doesn't cooperate. Any port of call that is a tender port, and HMC is, is at higher risk of being cancelled due to weather. I love HMC and have had the port call cancelled twice for weather. Once was because of wind, and the second time was because of a storm going through the day before leaving the beach a mess.

Just a head's up. I hope it doesn't happen to you. I hope you have wonderful smooth sailing and a fabulous beach day at HMC.

Archived