New Mastercard promotion

amillard222

I just got off the phone with carnival. I have been on the phone for quite a while trying to unravel the mystery lol.

As of now, it's a promotion that requires you to have been sent the link, and the "valid" email address is the recipient only. The woman I spoke to is checking in with her supervisor to find out who/how certain emails are chosen and will let me know probably tomorrow the answer if they can find out. Is it random, do we need to sign up somewhere in advance to be on this list etc? I told them that in the past, we have shared the link with our "friends" and it worked.

I used this promotion, with the same website in the past through a shared link here on the boards. Sure enough, when we boarded the ship, we recieved our statement with our $50 OBC listed. It is a legit. deal. It just seems now you have to be "invited". Now we just need to figure out how to be the lucky invited few lol.

I'll post as soon as I know something. Hey, 50 bucks is 50bucks. Like I always say, it's a couple more drinks and just because you have money, doesn't mean you have to be stupid & blow it! :p

thank you!! I used it last year and it was great.......

I just got off the phone with carnival. I have been on the phone for quite a while trying to unravel the mystery lol.

As of now, it's a promotion that requires you to have been sent the link, and the "valid" email address is the recipient only. The woman I spoke to is checking in with her supervisor to find out who/how certain emails are chosen and will let me know probably tomorrow the answer if they can find out. Is it random, do we need to sign up somewhere in advance to be on this list etc? I told them that in the past, we have shared the link with our "friends" and it worked.

I used this promotion, with the same website in the past through a shared link here on the boards. Sure enough, when we boarded the ship, we recieved our statement with our $50 OBC listed. It is a legit. deal. It just seems now you have to be "invited". Now we just need to figure out how to be the lucky invited few lol.

I'll post as soon as I know something. Hey, 50 bucks is 50bucks. Like I always say, it's a couple more drinks and just because you have money, doesn't mean you have to be stupid & blow it! :p

Hey thanks for checkin!

I wonder what criteria you have to meet to get an e-mail invitation for this promo. I used Mastercard for my deposit and plan to use it for my S&S account and my sail date is within the parameters....now all I need is an e-mail invitation!

Good for you, OP. I'll keep checking, but I'll bet all the invitations already went out for this targeted promotion.

If this is for real I cruise again within these dates, :) I think I will try to contact either my MASTERCARD or CARNIVAL before entering anything into a random suspicious link

You are correct sir/mam, this is a suspicious link. I set up a virus to steal your brain waves. By clicking on the link now or in the future or ifyou even think of clicking on the link I will then be able to reach through the computer and read your mind. I would advise you to wear foil on your head for the next couple of days as a precaution.

I am of course kidding, you have every right to be cautious but this was an actual email I got from Carnival. To all who tried I am sorry that it would not work. If for some reason I get it to work in the future I will repost.

Sincerely, brain wave stealer extraordinar

I saw a post about this promotion on John Heald's page yesterday and since I'm booked within the dates, I went back thru my emails from Carnival. I found the link in an email which is part of a series leading up to my next cruise. The link is in a box on the right hand side . I had ignored it before thinking it was an ad for the Fun Points card. I was able to use the registration form and was given a page to print for my records. I don't know when the credit is given though but it says it will be added to my booking as a promotional onboard credit. The confirmation, or lack thereof, was very vague. But I'll take an extra $50 whenever it decides to show up. Hope this helps some of the confusion.

I saw a post about this promotion on John Heald's page yesterday and since I'm booked within the dates, I went back thru my emails from Carnival. I found the link in an email which is part of a series leading up to my next cruise. The link is in a box on the right hand side . I had ignored it before thinking it was an ad for the Fun Points card. I was able to use the registration form and was given a page to print for my records. I don't know when the credit is given though but it says it will be added to my booking as a promotional onboard credit. The confirmation, or lack thereof, was very vague. But I'll take an extra $50 whenever it decides to show up. Hope this helps some of the confusion.

You likely won't see the OBC until you board. Lucky you to get the email. Carnival has my address, and never writes or calls:D

Yes, now that I read the fine print it says I will recieve it when I check in for my cruise. Also, the promotion can end at any time, it is capacity controlled. I'm very excited I got it!

Congrats Tazstravelgirl, I am so happy that someone else got it! Good luck to everyone else@

Had you already checked in when you got the email?

Was it one of the e-mails trying to get me to by Carnival trip insurance? If so I've deleted those :(

Thanks... I don't remember seeing that one. Maybe there is still hope :)

Mine was in an email that said "Your countdown begins today" I had all ready been booked for a week and still have 155 days to go...lol I guess it could be in any email they send you, just check them all

just an fyi,

in the past, this particular OBC seriously does not show up until you board the ship so don't panic if it's not showing up on ccl website/account.

There was a notice in our cabin regarding the OBC when we boarded.

now i'm going to dig through all my old emails lol. :rolleyes:

Archived