soda card question- do they adjust the price based on time left?

Going on the Explorer soon, and I am not usually one to buy the soda package. I generally can't see myself getting 3 sodas a day. However, I'm a huge fan of the freestyle coke machines. I can see myself using that just because I am a kid at heart who loves her cherry cokes (or cherry diet cokes with a splash of regular coke).

If I decide a few days in to buy the package, would it be at the same price as the start of the cruise, or would they adjust it to reflect the days left?

I hope someone can speak who has actually tried this. Was thinking the same thing. Hoping to moderate Diet Coke habit on upcoming cruise (maybe 1 or 2 per day), but realize that I might cave half way through cruise. Would hope they would adjust the price based on the days left?

Anyone actually tried this?

Going on the Explorer soon, and I am not usually one to buy the soda package. I generally can't see myself getting 3 sodas a day. However, I'm a huge fan of the freestyle coke machines. I can see myself using that just because I am a kid at heart who loves her cherry cokes (or cherry diet cokes with a splash of regular coke).

If I decide a few days in to buy the package, would it be at the same price as the start of the cruise, or would they adjust it to reflect the days left?

Just follow someone around that has a drink card and offer them .50 a drink.

You then get drinks cheap and the seller makes back some of their money. If its a drink they've been sipping on maybe offer .40

I usually get one and my SO does not. Because our next cruise has the Freestyle machines, we're both getting the card. He will drink the flavored waters and powerade to make it worth it plus he can drink Sprite at meals, too.

I usually get one and my SO does not. Because our next cruise has the Freestyle machines, we're both getting the card. He will drink the flavored waters and powerade to make it worth it plus he can drink Sprite at meals, too.

I never get one and my FTTWM doesn't either.

I hope someone can speak who has actually tried this. Was thinking the same thing. Hoping to moderate Diet Coke habit on upcoming cruise (maybe 1 or 2 per day), but realize that I might cave half way through cruise. Would hope they would adjust the price based on the days left?

Anyone actually tried this?

No. They do not prorate it in any way, shape or form.

If you are on a 7 night cruise, the cost is 7 x 6.50 + 15%

OK. Thanks for the posts! It feels so silly to debate buying it, but I just feel like I'll be drinking extra soda just to make it worthwhile. I guess I'll stick to lemonade and the occasional drink of the day.

I felt the same way. I didn't want to pay extra and didn't think I'd drink enough soda to make it worth our while. However, last cruise we both tried it. We loved it. Our servers kept our diet cokes filled at meal times. Also enjoyed just showing the card in the Windjammer and ordering a soft drink at the drink station. And I especially enjoy the souvenior cups we brought home. It makes my day to enjoy some soda at home and remember our trip.

We're going again and pre-purchased it. I just added it in to our budget planning and we're going with it.

Have fun on your cruise!

Only drink soda with brandy and hubby with his vodka - not sure if it is worth getting the soda package for one. From the UK(scotland) and normally buy cans of coke as the draft in the UK is usually keech :eek: ( hubby usually drinks his vodka with Irn bru ( although RCC have given me the OK to bring some Irn Bru onboard)

Fyi the freestyle machinea have a time out feature.....so you cant fill the cup...dump it on another glass and refill right away.....there is a period of time that mustvpass.

I know FR and Ex have them....and maybe a few others. i think EX has 9...4 by the WJ...a couple on the royal promenade...1 or 2 in adventure ocean and i forget where else....hmmmm

Sent from my Samsung Charge via Tapatalk

Archived