Advice needed...

NYLady

I guess I am weird but I am still very happy with my Princess Experience. It is true that they have cut back on a few things but I am willing to let them go to keep fares from going up astronomically . Food is still good, crew helpful and polite, and the ships in good condition.

Inno way can I agree that Princess is deliberately going down market. Maybe some of you are just getting too old.

I am surprised that the OP is not satisfied and yet did not know about Chef's Table.

Maybe it is best that the complainers did go on another line.

I am also curious why the OP will not give us details of why she is not happy

I guess I am weird but I am still very happy with my Princess Experience. It is true that they have cut back on a few things but I am willing to let them go to keep fares from going up astronomically . Food is still good, crew helpful and polite, and the ships in good condition.

Inno way can I agree that Princess is deliberately going down market. Maybe some of you are just getting too old.

I am surprised that the OP is not satisfied and yet did not know about Chef's Table.

Maybe it is best that the complainers did go on another line.

I am also curious why the OP will not give us details of why she is not happy

I gave up on NCL when they changed into an imitator of Carnival and aimed at becoming partyships and the dining experience became poor.

Gave up pretty much on Cunard when QE2 retired and the new ships had various problems.

So I went to Princess and have had lots of great cruise experiences, but now my time with them looks limited. Burgers for dinner! No thanks.

The next move is going to be expensive, need to put it off as long as possible.

Don't think I am getting too old, but I do still have a good enough memory to remember it used to be better, and I've done the Chef's Table enough times.

Maybe I'll get old enough not to be critical and just be grateful for whatever cruise I can get but till then I'll be picky.

And I'm on Golden P. on 10th October, 14 days to Hawaii, second time this year for this ship and this same cruise..................... its a particularly fun cruise, and lets hope the new menus are not yet in operation............. that'll be 4 months aboard Princess in the last year.

Thankfully there are some who are now coming through as liking Princess.

I'd still like to know what the original problem was with the OP. I think I just get upset when people come on here and say how bad it is but give no reasons.

We have all seen that happen

Me, too, even if its gotten dumbed down. Just over three days 'till I board the Island Princess. :)

Truth be told, nothing in the tourist industry has maintained the standards of yore. Just look at the airline industry! Yikes!:eek: Though in most cases a plane will get me there most quickly and efficiently, even if I am treated like cattle.

At least on a cruise, I can stretch out and relax! :)

I'd still like to know what the original problem was with the OP. I think I just get upset when people come on here and say how bad it is but give no reasons.

I totally agree - the original poster hasn't provided anything except that she's Princess-weary because the experience isn't what it used to be. I wonder what her complaint would be if the prices she paid were what it would take to give her the same experience she used to have. I will give it to her that Princess doesn't present the same experience that it did 15 years ago, but for the price, it's a pretty damn good vacation experience.

With out specifics, I'm taking this whole thread as a piece of fluff.

The commodore is, indeed, aboard and there was a general meeting in which a passenger addressed one of the issues that is making me "Princess-weary" - that of the general lowering of standards, a tiredness in everything that they do. (This was not my "issue" by the way). The commodore was unimpressed with the comments and it is unlikely anything will change due to the comments made, in good faith, by the passenger.

Hi NYLady

Please tell us more about this general meeting, who was there, how many passengers, what was the reason for the meeting, what questions were raised.

yours Shogun

2. Who should I write to to complain about a particular person in Managment on a particular ship.

Advice?

My experience complaining about a PSD -- no one cared.

What's funny, is that shipboard management beats crew about

'courtesy and respect unfailing' and yet some have none themselves.

I'd really love to know the issues with the Emerald too, I have seen the princess product decline recently but am elite and have remained loyal. i recently was on Celebrity though, felt like i was cheating, and have to say they had a lot of great touches that Princess doesn't. Debating on booking Emerald for November so please-what is the big issue? :confused:

I can understand a possible reason why the original poster does not mention the issue(s) of concern. This person may want to keep the focus of the thread on how to complain about a fleet-wide issue and how to complain about a person.

If the poster gave the nature of the concerns/complaints, responses on this thread would likely be more about the validity or legitimacy of the concerns rather than providing information on how to complain effectively to Princess.

A well crafted question to initiate a thread is very important. Invariably, fellow CC members will decide what they want to talk about. The focus should be on helping the original poster.

If the poster gave the nature of the concerns/complaints, responses on this thread would likely be more about the validity or legitimacy of the concerns rather than providing information on how to complain effectively to Princess.

But the nature of the issue might have an affect on how to effectively complain. If it's a shipboard issue, it should be dealt with in one way, if not, in another. And while the original poster might think there is a fleet wide issue, in fact it may be something else.

Besides that, skirting the issue makes it seem like something fishy is going on...I have seen other posts where there have been on board incidents but "I can't tell you what it is." Why even post then?

Truth be told, nothing in the tourist industry has maintained the standards of yore. Just look at the airline industry! Yikes!:eek: Though in most cases a plane will get me there most quickly and efficiently, even if I am treated like cattle.

At least on a cruise, I can stretch out and relax! :)

So true. I've sailed 20 cruises on several lines--seems to be the same situation across the board. A sign of the times...sigh.

Archived