Cape Liberty ....

necruiser3

Have you looked over at the homeport east coast departure board: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=415 Lots of information there.

That being said...we're sailing for the first time out of Bayonne and are staying at the County Inn & Suites in Elizabeth. We booked using stay123.com and got a good rate that included 14 days of parking. The rate doesn't include the shuttle to the pier, but I don't see that as a problem. We can probably arrange for it when we check in.

Necruiser3 - give us more details about your plans. Are you looking for a park/sleep and transportation to the pier or are you just looking for a room with parking at the pier? Country Inns is fine and we recommend it all the time, but it really depends on what you are really looking for and what you want to spend.

I would also check out the Hampton Inn Staten island NY. Free parking for the length of your cruise and they do have shuttle service to and from the port. I know you can get senior rates for about $136 plus tax and this includes Breakfeast. shuttle is shared with teh Hiltn garden inn next door. About 15 minutes from the hotel to the port!

If you are driving in for your cruise, why would you want to pay the peir rate of $19 a night to park your care there when you can park it at the Hampton or Hilton Garden Inn for no charge and use the free Shuttle? Did I miss something in your post? Are you getting to port some other means than driving?

The OP is coming from MA. I was going to stay at the Hampton Inn one year, but the bottom line was that doing a park/sleep at the airport was even less than the Hampton even with port transportation and much more convenient for getting back on the road quickly to head back to MA. Staten Island is an extra 20-30 minuts away from the port, so that can be an extra hour added on to an already long trip back to MA.

OP - please post your sail dates so we can make more suggestions.

The OP is coming from MA. I was going to stay at the Hampton Inn one year, but the bottom line was that doing a park/sleep at the airport was even less than the Hampton even with port transportation and much more convenient for getting back on the road quickly to head back to MA. Staten Island is an extra 20-30 minuts away from the port, so that can be an extra hour added on to an already long trip back to MA.

OP - please post your sail dates so we can make more suggestions.

Thats good information to know! We are sailing on Explorer Feb 17,2013. My husband is a bit "crazy" about his truck...LOL :rolleyes: Not sure he'd want to leave it behind at a hotel .

From what I hear and read, leaving the truck at the Hampton Inn or HIlton on Staten island is Far better, cheaper and moreso "safer" than leaving it at the port

not sure what you mean by that..but there hasn't been issues with paint overspray in some time...and the drydock company paid for all repairs...

and those hotels, while a good choice, are in some cases, out of the way..

Archived