QE2 Atlantic & Caribbean Wonders Port canceled

starcraft

Hi,

I just got the information from our TA, that due to operative reasons QE will skip Half Moon Cay on 18th of january 2013. The ship will directly go to Nassau on 19th of january and then head to Falmouth Jamaica on 22th of january.

We have to disembark on 20th of january at Port Everglades.

Why are they skipping ports? Anybody more information?

Best Regards Thorsten

Hi

I'm on QE during this time. Looking at the Cunard website, it looks like QE will stop at Half Moon Cay on 18th January rather than on 21st January. The planned port for the 18th January was to have been Princess Cays.

QE will still arrive at Fort Lauderdale on 20th.

As you say, QE will now stop at Falmouth on the 22nd January. 21st January will be a sea day.

15 January 2013AntiguaIn Port

16 January 2013Tortola, B.V.I.In Port

17 January 2013At Sea

18 January 2013Half Moon CayIn Port

19 January 2013Nassau, BahamasIn Port

20 January 2013Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United StDisembark

21 January 2013At Sea

22 January 2013Falmouth, JamaicaIn Port

23 January 2013At Sea

Hi Jon,

thank you for clearing this up. It was my fault. Now I have cross checked the port. QE will go to Half Moon Cay instead of Princess Cays. So everything is alright for us.

Does anybody know what to do at HAlf Moon Cay? May be some scube diving?

Best Regards Thorsten

HMC is Holland America's private island , very , very nice ,shared by other Carnival Corp ships , only can handle 1 ship at a time .

It's a tender port often skipped when winds or weather act up.

It's a beach day ,banana boats ,para sailing , bar-b-que , some snorkling but don't think any scuba diving .

Mostly just fun stuff , relax in a hammock or clam shell and swim .

HMC is the #1 rated private cruise island in the carib. you will get a BBQ lunch provided/cooked by the ship. There are a couple of Bars for "refreshments" - try the rum-runners at the "I wish I could stay here FOREVER" bar... a double if you dare!? When we were last there, we did a horseback experience - rode them into the water ! we also did a swim with the stingray adventure. There is a small straw market and a sundries store - in case you forget sun screen and a hat. Everyone is tendered from the ship - the day we were there, 2 Holland America "Dam" ships were there.

The island is owned by Carnival corp, but IF there is a Holland America ship, no other Carnival ships are allowed.

The beach is very clean and will be prepared for your use with some areas close to the village and others farther away (read Kids area).

A good time is waiting...

HMC is Holland America's private island , very , very nice ,shared by other Carnival Corp ships , only can handle 1 ship at a time .

It's a tender port often skipped when winds or weather act up.

It's a beach day ,banana boats ,para sailing , bar-b-que , some snorkling but don't think any scuba diving .

Mostly just fun stuff , relax in a hammock or clam shell and swim .

That's good news. I like these private islands, done a couple before and had a good time :D.

Andrew :cool:

Just noticed the QE2 am I on the wrong cruise :D

Still no notification here :confused:

All I can say, Gill is don't hold your breath. There have been two port changes on our up-coming QE voyage. We received an e-mail notification about the first change but nothing about the second change. Found out by checking our Travel Summary within the Voyage Personaliser. We booked through an on-line TA, so I don't know if Cunard or the TA dropped the ball on that one.

Regards,

John.

Today I've had a letter from Cunard via my TA dated 26th September. The change is due to a greater number of vessels than anticipated calling at Princess Cays on the 18th January.

Similar information from my TA as follows (not sure about the english):

"Please note that there has been a change made to your upcoming holiday. We have recently been made aware that there will be a greater number of vessels than anticipated calling into Princess Cays on Friday 18th January. To ensure you are able to fully enjoy your time ashore, we have cancelled the call to Princess Cays, to which the port that will be replacing it will shortly be confirmed.

Customer services"

At least the story is consistent!

My voyage personaliser does already list Half Moon Cay as the alternative so hopefully that is the alternative that Cunard haven't told my TA about yet. :confused:

HMC is a wonderful island:

You can rent one of the 15 cabanas for the day for up to 6 persons - and you can add on the Butler's Package for private Cabana food and drink service, which includes much better food than is offered at the BBQ's.

You can also rent a clamshell to have some protection from the sun, and there are hundreds of free lounge chairs available along the beach.

There is horseback riding, snorkeling, swimming with the stingrays, etc.

There is the regular bar, and the Pirate Ship bar with a live band.

Should you get in trouble, there's a First Aid station on the island as well.

There's more than plenty to do!

Will it be warm enough to swim in January I wonder?

HMC is in the Bahamas - I have been there during the months of November, December, January and February...

If the weather is clear enough for tendering to the island, it will be plenty warm for swimming.

HMC is in the Bahamas - I have been there during the months of November, December, January and February...

If the weather is clear enough for tendering to the island, it will be plenty warm for swimming.

I do hope so, although our son lived in Nassau for 3 years and said the sea was far too cold to swim during the winter months, and certainly we found it too cold in November. But perhaps HMC is further south than New Providence.

Archived