Anyone off Freedom today?

sheilb4

Hi, just wondering if anyone home yet today and will tell us all about their cruise.........

Can you guess I am looking forward to my trip next Sunday... Lol

Like many cruisers on here, we look for all these little "tidbits" of info just to add further to our excitement...:D

Three of us (all adults) travelled Eastern Caribbean on Freedom on 9th September 2012. The vacation gets 10 out of 10 !!!!!

Ship - The ship is stunning. We love Voyager Class and above with the promenades. Some of the new touches such as Dreamworks, Cup Cake Store and new menu were great. We can't wait to do 24 days on Independence of the Seas (b2b2b) in November.

Food & Dining - the new main dining room menu is superb. The Windjammer food was also very good quality along with room service being very good.

We treated ourselves to an evening at Chops Grille. Please don't think $30 per person is too expensive. Try it and you will be so pleased you did.

Staff- staff were excellent throughout and nothing was too much trouble. RCI's policy of having mixed race & gender teams of people really works well and creates a much more friendly experience than on other lines where for example most of the dining room staff may be Phillipino etc.

Entertainment - A great programme of entertainment with great production shows and guest entertainers. The Quest and the Ice Show were two of the best during the week.brew Divine s one of my favourite Cruise Directors.

Ports of Call - St Thomas & St Maarten are beautiful. Coco Cay is a beautiful place with great catering etc. from RCI.

We managed to get an invite to dine at the Captains Table and Captain Tor Olsen was attentive, respectful, genuine, funny and extremely friendly. It was an honour to dine with him and the other guests.

MarksDCL at g mail dot com

Ticktoneer - thanks for your review, and other responses, yes, as I await my next cruise on Sunday, any snippets are great to hear......

So glad you had a great time, and nice that you were invited to dine with the Capt.

I had to watch the webcam today too.... Never gets old... Lol

On our upcoming Freedom Nov 18 CocoCay is on Monday, formal night on Tuesday.

Still on Monday on Eastern Caribbean

Hmm... a conflict between these two. I wonder when it's supposed to change. I hope it's on Monday next week since our group has plans for the formal night that night.

Hmm... a conflict between these two. I wonder when it's supposed to change. I hope it's on Monday next week since our group has plans for the formal night that night.

Mmmmmmmm - lol

It was Monday on 09/10/2012 and it was Monday on 09/24/2012.

Why is it going to change ?

Mark :-)

I will agree with Ticktoneer's review for the most part. The new menu is good but lacked intensity of flavor for us. This may not be the case for all. I recommend highly the Surf & Turf and the Fisherman's Tale.

Chops Grille is not to be missed. We are penny pinchers and finally gave it a try. It was so worth it and more! The best filet mignon we have ever have.

We saw several going to the Windjammer for supper. We scoped it out while waiting for Chops and it looked as good or better than the MDR. Once again, personal taste applies.

First time, we tried MTD and we enjoyed it. We ended up with the same table and waiter each evening. However, this wasn't the case for all.

One night, we met a couple who are members of CC and encouraged us to join the Roll Call.

The Captain runs a tight ship. We boarded early and our rooms were ready. The same applied for our departure. We departed at 7:30 am and were on the road by 8:00am. So different from Port Everglades, where we waited over an hour to go through customs.

When the captain says to be on board by a certain time he means it. The gang plank was already taken up and a crew member came to board. It was too late and you could see crew members attempting to pass belongings/ID with a net but alas it didn't reach far enough. The Captain has a wonderful sense of humor and is highly respected by crew and guests.

Finally, do NOT miss Kori in Schooner's Bar at 10pm. He is the piano man of all times with a sense of humor and had an overflow crowd each evening.

Enjoy your trip! My only regret was having to come back to reality.

Sherribug, thanks so much for your review.... Awesome....

I am going to go to Chops for sure, I love it there. Sounds like you enjoyed your cruise...... back to reality huh.... :( and start saving for the next one if you are like me! lol.

Sheilb4, I forgot to add we did receive WOW cards. However, we learned the main way the crew receive their points for pay increases/promotions is to have their name mentioned along with a personal comment on the survey form. So, I made sure any crew member who went out of their way was mentioned by first name and position.

They had the Welcome Aboard for C &A members and there were special departure rooms for the various levels. We've never had this on other RC cruises.

If you pre paid grats, then you only receive the envelope - no printed voucher. We were assured the crew is given a list ahead of time as to who has paid.

Hi Linda. I hope you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed ours 2 weeks ago. :-)

Oh,I know she did:):) It was great cruise with super people!!:D

and yes formal night IS Monday and Friday..

How about the Coke Freestyle machines? Someone in another thread had reported that there were some up on the pool deck, but I didn't think they'd want those machines exposed to the elements. On the Explorer, they have them in inside locations.

If Freedom of the Seas does have the new Freestyle machines, where did they put them?

Thanks!

Archived