Group Perks

I know I read something about this on here in the past but can`t find the thread.

We are going on the Epic on Dec. 22nd and we have 6 cabins booked for the group of us - 14 in total. I know that we need 8 cabins booked for the `group perks`but I had also read something about sometimes some of the perks given when there are close to 8 cabins booked like we do with 6. I thought I had read that sometimes an hour cocktail party is given or something similar. I called and spoke to someone in the group department and they didn`t seem to have a clue and we honestly very difficult to understand. I thought maybe I should try to get my facts straight before I call and try again.

Does anyone have any experience with this

Thanks!

Were your cabins booked as a group reservation? (not just at the same time -- you have to ask for it to be a group) If so, some group perks like the 16th passenger's free fare and the cocktail party do require 8 cabins, but you can get some other perks such as onboard credit, wine, chocolate covered strawberries, etc. with fewer cabins.

MMM got me thinking we have many roll calls here on CC with more than 8 cabins. Can we call NCL claim we are group called "CC roll call" ask to be switched to group booking and get perks?

Could be a new way to use CC and the roll calls.

An hour's worth of cocktail party for 16+ people sound cool (and for 12 people too) - some folks, could inhale (I mean, "consIBume") quite a # of drinks in a matter of minutes - and at typical NCL ship prices, that's one huge bar tabs they are picking up or writing off, LOL. :eek: :rolleyes: :D

MMM got me thinking we have many roll calls here on CC with more than 8 cabins. Can we call NCL claim we are group called "CC roll call" ask to be switched to group booking and get perks?

Not sure about the NCL end, but you'd have to figure out how to do it without pissing off the CC gods. They don't like people forming groups without using their TA....

Oh ohhhhh that thought might get a slap on the wrist or more lol.

Think I'll grab some popcorn sit back, and watch the slappin start.;)

This just might rank right up there with alcohol smuggling from the moral police. :rolleyes: Good Luck.

cheers...the Ump...:D

p.s. full marks for thinking outside of the box on that one

Thanks ump, so this is test question lets say I post a mesg here to the board with this tittle- CC group Christmas Cruise 2013 NCL Breakaway from NYC.

I am putting a group cruise using one of the links here on CC for us members. We book our rooms together and get some group benefits.

I will set this up and get some credit, CC will get the bookings credit via their links.

I then put it on the roll call and see how many we get.

Would CC have an issue? they will get the booking via their sponsors so both they and sponsor should be happy.

I think this would enhance the boards even more, anyone else think so?

If the CC gods say yes I will test this for my next trip 2013 Christmas cruise, I will even use a firm they desire or get quotes from each.

Archived