After final payment question

amazinglife

I am not really sure, if you can always upgrade paying the difference. I have tried it a couple of times and in my case was never possible. I wonder why this works for some people and not for everyone?

Some of the specials run are for "new bookings only" and you wouldn't be eligible for that fare before or after final payment.

C3 is a Concierge3. Usually poorly located, but Concierge perks. AQ is Aqua Class.

Why would C3 be poor? What are the negatives? We are booked in 9122 Millie, and the location on the deck layouts looked fine to me. Is there anything I should know about this location then?

2nd question, what is Concierge guarantee?

On our May Silhouette cruise, we upgraded from a veranda gty to a concierge class gty that was the same price - and paid nothing more.

If you did this after final payment, it violated their policy...but congratulations.

If you did this after final payment, it violated their policy...but congratulations.

Apparently it doesn't violate Celebrity's policy, because we and quite a few others on our cruise were able to upgrade without paying a penny more...AFTER the final payment date.

Some of the specials run are for "new bookings only" and you wouldn't be eligible for that fare before or after final payment.

On my next cruises, several fellow cruisers were able to do the upgrade to Aqua class paying the difference (which was very little) after final payment. It worked well for them. I have tried to do the same, the answer was "new bookings only". It does not look like a policy that applies to everyone. I congratulate all those fellow cruisers, who do manage to change cabins upgrading after final payment. I would appreciate any advise how to do the same.

I do not know what the policy is for switching cabins after final payment--price drops may be for new bookings only etc.--I was told by reps that if I book a cabin and the price drops before final payment i would get a refund--I was also told that after final payment I would be able to upgrade and switch cabins if the new cabin price drop or not cost more than what I had originally paid--[i am not referrring to price drops for new bookings only]---I switched to a concierge senior rate which was less than what I had paid for the OV---just call celeb and be nice

Why would C3 be poor? What are the negatives? We are booked in 9122 Millie, and the location on the deck layouts looked fine to me. Is there anything I should know about this location then?

2nd question, what is Concierge guarantee?

You are fine on an M Class ship where the cabin is larger than a regular balcony. At one time there was only one Concierge category. Celebrity discovered that some of the cabins were much more popular than others and they could charge extra for them. This C1,C2 C3. We now also have A1 and A2 and S1 and S2 for the same reason. The C3s were the least popular of the C category. Many like the Aft and thus the C1. Others like hump cabins, thus C2. A "Guarantee" mean that Celebrity can assign you to any cabin in the category. Hope this helps.

The rule is very simple: You can UPGRADE at any time. The price is not a factor. An AQ cabin is a higher category than any Concierge Cabin, this you can upgrade. No rule is violated. After final payment you cannot go to a LOWER category. My strategy is to book onboard in a category I am happy, but low enoght to leave room for moving up. I usually get a 1A (after the onboard upgrade) and usually wind up in Concierge or most frequently AQ. Several times I was able to get a Suite Gaurantee for a few hundred more.

The rule is very simple: You can UPGRADE at any time. The price is not a factor. An AQ cabin is a higher category than any Concierge Cabin, this you can upgrade. No rule is violated. After final payment you cannot go to a LOWER category. My strategy is to book onboard in a category I am happy, but low enoght to leave room for moving up. I usually get a 1A (after the onboard upgrade) and usually wind up in Concierge or most frequently AQ. Several times I was able to get a Suite Gaurantee for a few hundred more.

In order to change to a different class of cabin after final payment, the price of the cabin has to be more than what you have already paid. If an a2 is equal to or less than the price you paid for the 1c cabin you booked, you can not upgrade. That is the policy that celebrity executives firmly believe is currently in place.

Obviously, like most else involving celebrity hq they guess at policy so some have been able to change cabin classes without paying celebrity any more money. If you don't like the answer you get, just call back and you'll probably get a different answer.

In order to change to a different class of cabin after final payment, the price of the cabin has to be more than what you have already paid. If an a2 is equal in price to the 1c cabin you booked, you can not upgrade. That is the policy.

Obviously, like most else involving celebrity hq they guess at policy so some have been able to change cabin classes without paying celebrity any more money. If you don't like the answer you get, just call back and you'll probably get a different answer.

You last line is so true! If you are before final booking you can move up if even if the price is leaa and get an OBC for the difference. Since TAs give OBC based on the price you paid, that's not always a good tradeoff. Example: In late June I saw a special on Solstice. If you took advantage of the special you'd save $200 pp.. However, if you did not take the special you could get a rebate on Choice Air. My rebate ewas $400 pp for a one way from Philly to Barcelona. In this case the discount wasn't the best deal. Once, after final payment I was able to go from a Concierge to AQ without a price difference. A mistake? Perhaps, but I'll take it.

Archived