La Spezia, Livorno and Positano -- Tenders??

bbwex

Can anyone tell me if La Spezia, Livorno and Positano are tender ports for the O class ships??

Have only been there on R-class ships.

Livorno is a major port city - the facility handles industrial ships as well as cruise ships. We docked and I can't imagine you'd ever need to tender there.

Positano / Amalfi - tender. Don't remember 100%, but do not think that they have a pier that could ever allow for a big ship to dock in either of these locations.

Check out the cities on Google Earth and you'll see what I mean.

Never been to La Spezia.

I haven't experienced any of these ports but I do know my "Official documents" booklet states that the ship is docked in Livorno so no worries about tendering there. The La Spezia cruise facility says the tender ride only 5-6 minutes and I haven't had much luck discovering answers regarding Amalfi/Positano as I've been wondering about taking my own trip to the Emerald Grotto instead of the ship excursion.

Can anyone tell me if La Spezia, Livorno and Positano are tender ports for the O class ships??

I know some cities can offer both, but what experiences have people had??

Hello - we went to all of these places on our August cruise on Regatta.

La Spezia was a tender, Livorno was not, Positano (Amalfi) was. I know this has been said here already but I'm just confirming :) I would assume this would be he same for the O class ships as they are larger.

Actually the reason I remembered that we tendered at La Spezia was because fellow travellers just made the last tender back and nearly missed the ship leaving!!

Just off the Riviera..La Spezia was tendered, Livorno docked and Amalfi was tendered. The tender in La Spezia was definately NOT a 5 minute ride, more like 15-20. Just an added note for those taking the train from La Spezia to Cinque Terre, the walk to the train station is LONG and there aren't many taxis available at the pier but there were plenty at the train station for the ride back.

Archived