LIVE from the Vision of the Seas Sailing 5 Oct 2012

Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie....thanks to your description, I am now starving!!!! ;) :D

Anyone who has not tried the Tutti salad...its a MUST!!!

Linda, did I mention the fresh bread and rolls?????? All crusty on the outside, soft on the inside waiting to be slathered with creamery butter. Remember??? :D I am sooo bad.

Trainman, wow bananas and chocolate. Never saw that on a cruise either. Nice!

Edited by BonTexasNY

Linda, did I mention the fresh bread and rolls?????? All crusty on the outside, soft on the inside waiting to be slathered with creamery butter. Remember??? :D I am sooo bad.

Trainman, wow bananas and chocolate. Never saw that on a cruise either. Nice!

Thanks Bonnie, I remember!!!! :D (yes you are bad!!) ;)

Also never saw the bananas...DH said just add some ice cream, nuts and some whip cream for a banana split. :)

The only place close to the head of the pier with lighters was the Liqueur Store. They had four, now they have none!

IMG_1798.jpg

Mr Trainman, thank for your review and your lighter tip. I will be on the Vision this Dec.

I have one question do RCL post the evening menus for MDR and Windjammer

earlier in the day so you can decide before getting ready? We normally eat in the MDR or posh restaurant but after seeing your photos I think We will try the Windjammer for a few nights (Lamb and bread pudding haven!).

I am enjoying your posts so much.

From a very evil (smoking) person.

We found some old cannons too, preserved in a small park.

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

I bet you didn’t know that the Trainman was once a great artillerist and an “expert of great renown” on Confederate Artillery. I belonged to a team that fired Civil War Artillery competitively for many years but after I finished college and moved to Florida I moved on to other activities and hobbies.

What got me started was finding and restoring a Brass, 9 pounder, Long Range, Artillery tube (the barrel) cast in Seville Spain in 1793. It was named (they all had names cast into them back in those days) the “Pro Council”.

In the process of researching it I made a friend in the National Park Service who explained to me that it was captured in San Juan during the Spanish-American War. However, it was the only one known to be all original. Most were engraved with the date captured and by which unit and they are mounted on military bases all over the US as war trophies. He convinced me that it should be returned to San Juan. After a lot of wheeling and dealing we were able to get it transported to San Juan and the last I heard of it was when the Park Service sent me a nice “Thank You” letter about 1970 with a photo of it being fired from the battlements of Moro Castle in San Juan. I have always wanted to go visit it but it has never worked out. One day maybe.

But if you ever go to Moro Castle in San Juan, look for the “Pro Council” and give it an affectionate pat for me.

It was a leisurely and fun experience ashore today.

No "high Pressure" sales! If you stopped in front of a tent to look, the proprietor would then come up and tell you about all of the "great deals"

There were several eateries along the way.

This morning the new crew members were doing drills with the 12 passenger life rafts. It was interesting to watch and listen to what they were being taught.

It is impressive to see that RCI is serious about crew training.

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1742.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

The black thingies in the center of the top shelf at Lattitudes are excellent. They are so good that they must be bad for me.

They are sort of like Brownies but way better... :)

Yes....they are!!!

Trainman,

Thank you for your wonderful review....the pics are gorgeous! :) We hope to do this route in the not too distant future.

Breakfast buffet was on Voyager last year and Mariner this Jan in the MDR in addition to the traditional menu.

Tutti (meaning fresh) salad in the MDR lunch during sea days is fabulous. Lots of choices and it's made fresh in front of you, tossed with your favorite dressing. Some ingredients; asparagus, shrimp, chicken, all sorts of fresh veggies. You can also order from the regular menu. We're sold!

Room service is limited. Maybe Trainman can post a picture of the menu?

"Tutti" means "all." AT LAST! My degree in Italian has come in useful!:D

But whatever the word means, the salad bar is terrific.:)

"Tutti" means "all." AT LAST! My degree in Italian has come in useful!:D

But whatever the word means, the salad bar is terrific.:)

Jean, thanks for the correction. Someone on this board (not this thread) was W R O N G. I didn't do the research but assumed he/she was right. In any event you're right. no matter what you call it, it's terrific.