Reflection switcheroo

steelcity5044

Hi,

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I am booked on the Celebrity Reflection 4/13/13. I booked a C2 cabin 9374. This was booked backed in July. I booked a second cabin C3 9370 right next door about a month ago for friends traveling with us. I hand picked these cabins and was looking forward to a concierge level for the first time. Today, i received this email and I am livid:

Please be advised that the Celebrity Reflection has gone through a recategorization. The original stateroom number that was booked in this reservation (9374) is really a category 1A. The guests booked and paid for a category C2 which we have moved them to in stateroom 1684.

They never took into consideration that we chose 9374 and that we are now split from our family members. Can they just change a cabin classification after booking? I am now hoping that 9374 is still available even though I am bummed about loosing the concierge status.

What would you do and how would you feel? Would you just take 1684 and try to get other party moved near you or would you step down and take back your original room?

Thanks for letting me vent!

Hi,

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else. I am booked on the Celebrity Reflection 4/13/13. I booked a C2 cabin 9374. This was booked backed in July. I booked a second cabin C3 9370 right next door about a month ago for friends traveling with us. I hand picked these cabins and was looking forward to a concierge level for the first time. Today, i received this email and I am livid:

Please be advised that the Celebrity Reflection has gone through a recategorization. The original stateroom number that was booked in this reservation (9374) is really a category 1A. The guests booked and paid for a category C2 which we have moved them to in stateroom 1684.

They never took into consideration that we chose 9374 and that we are now split from our family members. Can they just change a cabin classification after booking? I am now hoping that 9374 is still available even though I am bummed about loosing the concierge status.

What would you do and how would you feel? Would you just take 1684 and try to get other party moved near you or would you step down and take back your original room?

Thanks for letting me vent!

There are several threads that have now been merged on this topic.

I'd see if I could get the others booked back into the original cabin. From my perspective - I'm more interested in location than the difference between 1A and CC categories on the S class. The amenities are nice but not make it or break it for me and on the S class the cabins are the same size - unlike the M class where the CC cabins are larger.

This seems to be a new category change. The one referenced above dealt with a different block of rooms but they are now at it again. They moved us to 9366 which is still a concierge level room so we are just on the other side of 9370. They wouldn't budge with anything else. Actually, Celebrity was pretty rude about the whole thing. They kind came down a notch in my eyes in regards to customer service. This is our first cruise with Celebrity and I have heard nothing but good about the line and now this. It's making me second guess the booking.

No. My original cabin 9374 is back AFT corner. Every cabin before is still concierge. They have dropped category down to 1A thus removing concierge.

Cabins in the same area on the other S-Class ships show it as a 1A. I guess someone goofed when they made it a C2. It still shows a C2 on their deck plans on their site.

I was on Equinox when the schedule for Reflection was released. Spoke to the Future Sales Manager about booking the April, 2013 TA and had some cabins in mind based on the published diagrams. He told me to ignore all the printed material since it was wrong. Showed me a diagram that he prepared from the information he had received. Fortunately for me, his diagram was correct. The numbering problem was known at least by April, 2012 and customers should have been contacted at that time.

Would it be worth it to switch to an A1 category for $100 more total for the cabin?

Yes, Yes, Yes. You get Blu, the Persian Gardens, Free bottled water, a massage shower and all the Concierge amenities. You also get that extra cruise point. A no brainer for me! Try to get a hump location and since they caused the problem ask what they can do.

Celebrity said the Aqua class doesnt include the concierge level amenities but instead includes special spa amenities. But the brochure says it included concierge level amenities plus special spa amenities. what is the case?

You received incorrect information. All the C amenities plus the AQ amenities.

Would it be worth it to switch to an A1 category for $100 more total for the cabin?

Yes! Go for it. The Aqua class shower feels so good! And Blu is a wonderful dining experience--it's like dining in a specialty restaurant except that it's included. The breakfasts are delicious and it's lovely to be waited on first thing in the morning. We liked getting a daily delivery of water bottles, too. And after a busy day in port, the sauna in the Persian Gardens soothes the bones. We love Aqua Class, can't you guess? :D

Can you believe they actually wouldn't waive $40 whole dollars? They only thing we asked for due to this mess?!? We decided to move up to Aqua Class and it costs one cabin $100 more and the other $140 more. All we asked was could they make both $100 more and they said NO. Wow you would think we were asking for something outrageous. Hopefully the customer service on the ship is better! I have a Celebrity Book with deck plans etc and the problem was that the deck plans have been altered both by category and cabin numbers. For instance where I'm showing 1684 off the back AFT is now cabin 1692 and etc. i wonder if your category goes up like C3 to C1 would they also move you out? I think it's wrong to change categories and cabin numbers on you when you booked months prior and especially NOT call you and talk thru whats happening and why. They should have done something anything to make it up to cruisers. A gesture of good faith and to show that they value their clients. i'm going to try and put it behind me and enjoy the cruise anyways. Hopefully, there will be an Aqua Class price drop between now and departure!!

Can you believe they actually wouldn't waive $40 whole dollars? They only thing we asked for due to this mess?!? We decided to move up to Aqua Class and it costs one cabin $100 more and the other $140 more. All we asked was could they make both $100 more and they said NO. Wow you would think we were asking for something outrageous. Hopefully the customer service on the ship is better! I have a Celebrity Book with deck plans etc and the problem was that the deck plans have been altered both by category and cabin numbers. For instance where I'm showing 1684 off the back AFT is now cabin 1692 and etc. i wonder if your category goes up like C3 to C1 would they also move you out? I think it's wrong to change categories and cabin numbers on you when you booked months prior and especially NOT call you and talk thru whats happening and why. They should have done something anything to make it up to cruisers. A gesture of good faith and to show that they value their clients. i'm going to try and put it behind me and enjoy the cruise anyways. Hopefully, there will be an Aqua Class price drop between now and departure!!

Did you otr your TA call Celebrity. Who did you talk to? if you haven't done so, ask to speak to a Supervisor.If that doesn't work you want to talk to Resolutions department. It's only $40, but you are right!

CHopefully, there will be an Aqua Class price drop between now and departure!!

Just an FYI, if the price drop occurs after final payment (or is part of a new booking only sale), you will not be able to cash in on any reduction in price. If suites drop in price after final payment you can upgrade to a suite and pay the difference in price between what you paid for the A1 and what the suite is selling for at the time of the upgrade (i.e. if you paid $1,000 for the A1 and a Sky Suite drops to $1200 after final payment, you can pay $200 to upgrade to the Sky Suite).

Nice decision to upgrade to Aqua Class. While the Concierge Class perks are nothing special, Aqua Class has some great perks. My wife and I love Blu and find it a nice step up from dining in the main dining room.

Is celebrity affiliated with United airlines? Hope they don't change cabins the way United changes seats. "We are sorry for the inconvenience. Is there anything else we can help you with?" :)

Just had my TA let me know that my cabin 1634 is going from Aqua 1 to Conceirge class. I wanted this location because it was on the hump. Now all the humps are Concierge class. I let her know that I want Aqua and I will hope she can get me a good location. Dissappointing for sure,.

Pat

Archived