Sunset Beach Resort & Spa

kathew

Has anyone been to this resort for the day, and can you tell me anything about it? Are alcoholic drinks included? We are leaving from Falmouth... anyone know how far it is from there? Is it even worth it?

• 2 months later...

Sunset beach was worth the money. The water slides were very old but the kids enjoyed them. The lazy river was nice but but be aware that they only had about 10 tubes. Once someone gets a tube they didn't let it go. Food was very good but the alcoholic drinks are extremely watered down. I found out afterward. The resort is spaced out so it never felt crowded. I'd recommend it.

We're trying to decide between Sunset or Dr Caves, anyone out there know which is better?

Little bit confused...according to your signature, you're doing a B2B for 14 days over 15 days on the Allure and the Oasis with a day off in between, which if you did not know, RCI will put you up at a hotel for free. They stop at Falmouth and the two resorts you mentioned are in Montego Bay. Between those two, the Sunset is higher rated on Tripadvisor ranked 18/62 @ 3.5 stars versus 32/62 @ 3 stars for Dr Caves. But since you're going to be docking in Falmouth, the better bet is to go to the Hilton Rose Hall or the Jewel Runaway Bay and book it through Jamaica for a day. The Hilton Rose Hall is adults only and has gotten rave reviews on the CC boards as well as Tripadvisor. Good luck.

Little bit confused...according to your signature, you're doing a B2B for 14 days over 15 days on the Allure and the Oasis with a day off in between, which if you did not know, RCI will put you up at a hotel for free. They stop at Falmouth and the two resorts you mentioned are in Montego Bay. Between those two, the Sunset is higher rated on Tripadvisor ranked 18/62 @ 3.5 stars versus 32/62 @ 3 stars for Dr Caves. But since you're going to be docking in Falmouth, the better bet is to go to the Hilton Rose Hall or the Jewel Runaway Bay and book it through Jamaica for a day. The Hilton Rose Hall is adults only and has gotten rave reviews on the CC boards as well as Tripadvisor. Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was aware of the complimentary hotel stay between the 2 cruises but thank you for mentioning it in case we wouldn't have known about it.

We actually do have Hilton Rose Hall booked for our 2nd leg of the cruise but since we are doing both Western Caribbean (to be able to do both the Oasis & Allure) we need to choose another place to go for our 1st cruise and that's why I was questioning about Sunset vs. Dr Caves. I will have to do some research on Jewel Runaway Bay also.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I was aware of the complimentary hotel stay between the 2 cruises but thank you for mentioning it in case we wouldn't have known about it.

We actually do have Hilton Rose Hall booked for our 2nd leg of the cruise but since we are doing both Western Caribbean (to be able to do both the Oasis & Allure) we need to choose another place to go for our 1st cruise and that's why I was questioning about Sunset vs. Dr Caves. I will have to do some research on Jewel Runaway Bay also.

The Jewel Runaway Bay is higher rated than either Sunset or Dr. Caves. Good luck with your trip and the Allure is on my bucket list. We're getting ready to board the Breeze in about 12 hours.

Archived