ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

Just Google Carnival Magic Cloud 9 spa and look at the pictures. There are 4 thermal suites. Two have heated tiled chaises, one of which is warmer. Two steam saunas, one with menthol and eucalyptus and the other with oriental spices. There's a big sea water thalasso therapy got tub with strong water jets. Also a very nice quiet relaxation room with citrus water and herbal teas.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...
I had a lot of trouble finding a comprehensive review of the Cloud 9 Spa package on the Dream. For that reason, I'm going to take the time to post a VERY comprehensive review for those of you who might be interested. My review will include LOTS of photos, links to four videos which provide a guided tour of the entire spa area, and a photo tour of my Oceanview Spa Cabin (#11202). I forgot to take video of my cabin and I wish I had, because it was quite impressive! Hopefully the photos will suffice. I also have some photos of Cabin #11204. This cabin is also a Spa Oceanview, but it has a very different layout than the one I was in.

Please be patient with me in terms of getting this review posted. Like a good cruise review, it's going to take MANY posts and I'll likely have to take some breaks in between.

Let's start off with my personal story of how I ended up in a Spa cabin. I initially booked our cruise (9-29-12 Dream) back in April. I booked a Deluxe Oceanview Cabin for my family of 5. In June, my parents decided to join us on this cruise. The Early Saver option was no longer available for them and they are not past guests of Carnival, so I moved my daughter into their cabin so that they could qualify for the past guest rate (I'm a TA, so Carnival waived the $50 fee for changing my daughter's reservation). My daughter would still be sleeping in the cabin with my family...her "move" was simply a "paper" move so that my parents could get the better rate.

Three weeks before sail date, somebody cancelled a reservation for two Oceanview Spa Cabins (#11202 and #11204) and they were placed back into inventory at an AMAZING rate. Cabin #11204 only accommodates 3 passengers, but #11202 is a quad. Since my daughter was no longer listed on the same reservation with the rest of my family, we were able to upgrade to quad cabin #11202. The upgrade cost me a grand total of $3.60 more than the original cost for our Deluxe Oceanview on the Riviera Deck. The grand total for this cruise for my entire family of 5, including taxes and fees (but before tips), was $2,300. The net cost was right around $2,000 after my TA commission and a statement credit from my Carnival Mastercard.

The only "complication" would be that we'd have to bring a small airbed from home for the 5th person. It seemed like a great trade-off, considering we'd be getting an oversized spa cabin on the Panorama Deck, with a semi-private balcony. It ended up being MORE than a great trade-off. Details to follow:

COMING UP NEXT - Photos and review of the Spa Oceanview cabin!

I know this is old but thank you so much! We need an accessible cabin for one of our family and I am moving to 11204 today!!!! I hate that the pictures in this will not show up for me...but the video links were perfect!

• 3 weeks later...

I booked a Cloud 9 suite on the Splendor for an anniversary trip back in 2013. I really liked the spa access.

So much so that I actively sought a spa ship for our anniversary trip coming up in October. Going on the Dream this time!