ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

They are not showers for cleaning yourself :D, it's for showerig before or after the pool and steam rooms with your suit ON.:)

I made it quite clear that you need to wear a swimsuit in these showers. And if they didn't want you to clean yourself in these showers, the showers would not have been equipped with body wash and shampoo.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting the review and pictures. I upgraded my IS room to a 4S a few weeks ago changing from the PG Family and Friends Event Sales to the Military rate. The total for the upgrade was $120, which is less than the price of 1 person getting a weekly spa pass, but then the Military rate came with $100 OBC, so I actually only paid $20 for two people for a spa cabin. Well worth the $20 for all you described.

Also, I believe someone mentioned a video? Did I miss it somewhere in one of the posts?

Edited by sjcruiser

Thanks for posting the review and pictures. I upgraded my IS room to a 4S a few weeks ago changing from the PG Family and Friends Event Sales to the Military rate. The total for the upgrade was $120, which is less than the price of 1 person getting a weekly spa pass, but then the Military rate came with $100 OBC, so I actually only paid $20 for two people for a spa cabin. Well worth the $20 for all you described.

Also, I believe someone mentioned a video? Did I miss it somewhere in one of the posts?

Thanks, sjcruiser. You're going to love the spa! The videos are in post #12, but I'll link them here for your convenience.

Video #1 -

Video #2 -

Video #3 -

Video #4 -

Edited by rockbock

I find it humorous to read all the posts about bathing suit vs. towel vs. no bathing suit while showering. I have been on over 30 cruises and travelled extensively both in the U.S. and Europe. Yes, we Americas are not European and have different views on public nudity. But my goodness, to chastise someone for wearing a towel in a single sex sauna or steam room is just plain silly IMHO. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't but either way you see the same amount of skin...probably see less with a towel on come to think of it. And btw, I'm 58 so who's looking anyway :rolleyes:

thanks for the review!! The cloud 9 spa is the only good thing i have to say about the dream! We booked i spa balcony on the spa & sport deck(12) for our up coming cruise on the breeze, cant wait to see it! The showers and the steamer was simply too relaxing!

I've got to admit, I'm glad that I didn't see even one person in only a towel all week, because it sure would have made me uncomfortable if I saw that! Totally inappropriate in my opinion, especially in a coed setting!

Towels are the norm at spas, it's not inappropriate at all. Like momrox1 mentioned, you actually end up showing less skin with a towel than with a swimsuit anyway. I think you see more people on ships with swimsuits because they are going into the pool and are used to wearing them because of it. However, if you go to a gym sauna, a spa sauna, any non-cruise sauna the rare find is the swimsuit. Anyway, at the end of the day you're not showing your private parts with either choice and that's why I suggest just going with what makes you comfortable. Now, if it makes other people uncomfortable that's their problem--so long as you're not obscene you're not at fault. I'm not sure why it made you uncomfortable but keep in mind everyone is doing their own thing and relaxing in those rooms. Clothes your eyes, breathe the warm air, listen to the relaxing music, don't worry about what others are wearing while they're trying to do the exact same thing as you. I guarantee you their main mission that day wasn't to pervert you with a towel.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope Carnival is giving you commission. I happened to stumble across your videos on YouTube today, and we are booking A spa cabin when the Dream moves to New Orleans. Thank you for all the information. Much more info than we could ever get from Carnival!

Can I ask how much movement is felt in the spa cabins? It's so forward and we are a bit sensitive to lots of movement. (Our last cabin was an extended balcony on the legend (forward) and we did rock and roll more than we preferred.) thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Can I ask how much movement is felt in the spa cabins? It's so forward and we are a bit sensitive to lots of movement. (Our last cabin was an extended balcony on the legend (forward) and we did rock and roll more than we preferred.) thanks!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We definitely felt quite a bit of movement in the spa cabin. It didn't bother us, but definitely more rocking than I had ever experienced on a ship!

We were in 11201 and only had some rocking one night, my sister thought it had something to do with entering the gulf stream, other than that our sail was smooth as glass. We loved the location and we all liked the rocking, it reminded us we were on a ship.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, you definitely made the right decision. The only problem is you won't want to cruise on non-spa ships in the future hahaha

We loved our spa balcony and the Spa on the Dream March 2013. My husband thought it was a waste (even though it was an upgrade from our first booking) and didn't think we'd use it much.....can you guess who used it the most? We're booked on Ecstasy in September and the first question when we got home..."Will our next cruise have the spa? I'd pay extra"

Sadly, it doesn't....:(

Edited by dvdisney

We have just booked 3 Spa rooms on the Breeze for Feb 9th sailing ... I was wondering we were told we could only have 2 people from our rooms have spa access , can we purchase spa access for the other person in our room ? Or if we get there and decide one of us doesn't want it , can we transfer the access to our 3rd person ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone stayed in this cabin before? We just changed from a cove as we wanted spa access and seems like deck 11 will be more quiet. Would love to hear from someone who has stayed in this room!

Well all I can say is we were in cabin 12019 and loved it! Felt very little movement if any at all....Balcony no complaints as far as anyone from the upper deck being able to look in! I would definatly book this cabin again if the price was cheaper! But needless to say it was not, when booking the Breeze for next April 2014!

<< OP here >>

I just looked back at this thread trying to find a photo for something and I couldn't help but notice that a LOT of the photos I posted are no longer showing up. I didn't intentionally take them down and I apologize that they are missing. You can still see everything if you view the videos though.

Hmm, that is a little bit concerning to me. I don't know if he could do 10 stairs (maybe on a good day for him). It makes me think it is strange that they would sell handicap accessible SPA Cabins, but not make the SPA ammenities handicap accessible.

I'm a little late.... was looking at this thread again trying to make sure I haven't missed anything for two upcoming cruises and saw this post and wanted to share that there are also elevators that go to the spa deck without having to access the stairs, just a very short walk down the hall to the spa from there. I know because we had a cove balcony w/spa pass purchased and rode the elevators up and down every day. My old knees aren't that crazy about stairs nowadays either.

THANK YOU so much for posting this wonderful review of the Dream Spa. I was fortunate enough this week to upgrade from a Cove Balcony to a Spa Balcony. There had been several price drops, and it only cost a total of $100 for both of us. Now that I see what I have waiting for me, I am VERY excited. I can't wait to get in the Tpool. You didn't have to take all the time to post such wonderful photos and descriptions, so I want you to know how much it is appreciated. That's one of the nice things here at CC, it's members are willing to share their experiences THANK YOU

Three years ago we were on the Dream and the steam rooms were not coed. However, the sauna was. Maybe it has changed since then.

The Cloud 9 Spa rooms are all coed. The free steam room is not coed, but it also isn't very nice.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The Cloud 9 Steamrooms are wonderful, beautiful, relaxing, gorgeous, etc., etc. I was on Magic in a Cloud 9 stateroom in April - and we are booked again in September, can't wait!!! I really love the thelasso pool. In April, one night the seas were really rough and my sisters were in the pool, and it was heaving and splashing all over the place. They said it was better than a roller coaster and they had to hold on for dear life. They came back to the stateroom laughing and telling stories about their experience - I missed it, but it sounded like they had a really fun time.