ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

I read in another post that if you book a spa cabin that yoga and tai chi classes are part of your amenities. Can someone confirm whether this is the case?

When you are booked in a spa cabin, you will receive 2 complimentary classes...yoga and pilates were offered on the Breeze cruise in January. Unfortunately, the times for these classes were very inconvienient. 5:30 on port days....very disappointing. So, I was unable to take advantage of this offer. (we had 6pm MDR).

Does anyone know if the Cloud 9 on the Dream works this way now? I was in a spa balcony on the Dream in 2010 and you had to stop and trade your S&S for a white card. I'll be in a spa room in a couple days and I'm hoping they've upgraded to this system for much easier access.

Guess I'll let you know in a week or so! Happy Cruising to all! :D

Just off the Breeze 2 weeks ago. We had to check in at the desk every day for a new wristband. The bands were a different color each day!! Once you had the wristband, you were given a keycard in replacement for your S&S card. It was not much of a hassle at all, very quick process.

We loved the spa tremendously...used it every single day. (twice one cloudy sea day). :)

Great review, I booked 11201 for April. I can not wait. I read through most of the posts in the thread but I am still confused as to the Spa Access and cost. I see in one post that if I want to use it for a week for a couple, it would cost $250. If I don't pay the $250, what are some of the benefits then for booking a Spa OV room? Can I use the sauna, T-Pool, Relaxation room without paying the $250? I assume no...

Anyone can buy passes to the spa. If you don't want to buy the weekly pass, you can buy a day pass for $45 or so. That will give you unlimited access to the pool and thermal suite for the day. You can come and go as you please but you have to check in at the desk each time to get an arm band.

If you book a Spa room, the access is included in your room rate (for 2 people) and you would not have to purchase the passes.

Great review, I booked 11201 for April. I can not wait. I read through most of the posts in the thread but I am still confused as to the Spa Access and cost. I see in one post that if I want to use it for a week for a couple, it would cost $250. If I don't pay the $250, what are some of the benefits then for booking a Spa OV room? Can I use the sauna, T-Pool, Relaxation room without paying the $250? I assume no...

If you are in Room 11201 then you ARE already be in a SPA room and the treatment rooms are included. :D

1. Is there a suggested order to follow when visiting the different areas of the spa? T-pool first, then sauna etc?

2. Regarding the showers with the lighting and amazing features that you visited the last day of your cruise, are they in a coed area? I presume the answer is yes but I wasn't 100% based on what I read.

Thanks for the great review.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry to everybody who posted questions to this thread over the past few months that I didn't answer. I stopped frequenting these boards because I didn't have a cruise booked. I just booked a last-minute cruise for 3/30/13, so I came back to the boards and saw all of these posts I never replied to.

I'm assuming most of you have found answers to your questions by now, but I will clear up what seems to be the most confusing thing about the spa for everyone...the question of who has to pay for access to the facilities and who doesn't. It's actually pretty straightforward.

If you are not booked in a spa cabin, you will NOT be allowed into the spa unless you pay the weekly or daily fee.

If you originally booked a 4S, 6S, 8S, or SS cabin, your access is included at no extra charge.

If you originally booked a non-spa cabin, but later upgraded to a 4S, 6S, 8S, or SS cabin, spa access is only included if you paid for the upgrade. It doesn't matter if you initiate the upgrade yourself or if Carnival offers you the upgrade. All that matters is whether or not you paid for it. If you don't have to pay for the upgrade, you don't get access to the spa facilities. In my case, it cost me $3.60 to switch from the 6N to the 6S, so my spa privileges were included. If the price on the 6S had dropped just $4.00 more, however, I would not have been given spa access because it would have been considered a free upgrade.

If you originally booked a 4S, 6S, 8S, or SS cabin, your access is included at no extra charge.

If you originally booked a non-spa cabin, but later upgraded to a 4S, 6S, 8S, or SS cabin, spa access is only included if you paid for the upgrade. It doesn't matter if you initiate the upgrade yourself or if Carnival offers you the upgrade. All that matters is whether or not you paid for it. If you don't have to pay for the upgrade, you don't get access to the spa facilities. In my case, it cost me $3.60 to switch from the 6N to the 6S, so my spa privileges were included. If the price on the 6S had dropped just $4.00 more, however, I would not have been given spa access because it would have been considered a free upgrade.

hi.. great thread.. question though about what you posted -- is this information posted anywhere officially that you know of?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

First, thank you for the fabulous review:)

I am travelling with my father who is in an electric wheelchair but has the ability to stand and walk 10 steps or so.

We are booked into cabin 11203 on the Dream, and he is really looking forward to the Thalasso Pool and the Steam Rooms - however from your pictures it looks like there are stairs up the the Thalasso Pool so I am worried by dad won't be able to get in. (he can climb enough to get into the normal hottubs on the serenity deck)

Do you know if someone in an electric wheelchair would be able to access all the ammenities in the Spa?.

Thank you so much for your thorough review. We are booked in a Spa balcony on Magic the first week of June. You've helped me understand all the different services and I'm sure we will be more likely to try many different rooms now that you've described them so well.

I am booked in one of the huge Spa cabins with a walk-away view on the Magic. We are so excited! I will try and take some pictures and post a review when I get back. I will never be able to do as good as OP (awesome!!), if anyone has questions, let me know.

Hi,

First, thank you for the fabulous review:)

I am travelling with my father who is in an electric wheelchair but has the ability to stand and walk 10 steps or so.

We are booked into cabin 11203 on the Dream, and he is really looking forward to the Thalasso Pool and the Steam Rooms - however from your pictures it looks like there are stairs up the the Thalasso Pool so I am worried by dad won't be able to get in. (he can climb enough to get into the normal hottubs on the serenity deck)

Do you know if someone in an electric wheelchair would be able to access all the ammenities in the Spa?.

On the Magic, there is about a 10 step staircase to enter the pool area in the spa, so he would have to be able to climb those stairs and then there is about a 3-4 step down into the bottom of the pool in order to move to a seating area.

On the Magic, there is about a 10 step staircase to enter the pool area in the spa, so he would have to be able to climb those stairs and then there is about a 3-4 step down into the bottom of the pool in order to move to a seating area.

Yes, this is also the way it is set up on the Dream. If you watch my Video # 2 (posted earlier in this thread), you'll be able to see the exact setup.

Which areas of the spa are restricted to SPA cabins ?

Everything shown in my review and videos is limited to people with spa access except for most of the hallways (some hallways are even restricted). If you don't have spa access, you can still use a public restroom (which has nicer showers than the staterooms, but not as nice as the ones in this review). There are also small unisex saunas available to all guests, but they aren't very nice. There is a large workout area available to all guests at no charge.

I am booked in one of the huge Spa cabins with a walk-away view on the Magic. We are so excited!

You are going to love it!

I just got off the Liberty last week. We stayed in a 4J cabin, which was oversized and had a beautiful walkway balcony. The room wasn't even close to as nice as the 6C on the Dream, but it was much nicer than most other cabins on the ship. Although we both loved the layout of the Liberty (even more than the Dream), we found ourselves constantly making comments to each other about how much we missed the spa!

Sorry to everybody who posted questions to this thread over the past few months that I didn't answer. I stopped frequenting these boards because I didn't have a cruise booked. I just booked a last-minute cruise for 3/30/13, so I came back to the boards and saw all of these posts I never replied to.

I'm assuming most of you have found answers to your questions by now, but I will clear up what seems to be the most confusing thing about the spa for everyone...the question of who has to pay for access to the facilities and who doesn't. It's actually pretty straightforward.

If you are not booked in a spa cabin, you will NOT be allowed into the spa unless you pay the weekly or daily fee.

Thank you for your info about the spa cabins.

Your info, photos and video on YouTube have me inspired to look at the prices for the inside spa cabins. Paying 100 USD extra per person (75 euro in our case...) is a good deal I think for the spa cabin and unlimited access. We always go to the gym and take a sauna or steam bath afterwards, shower and then go to dinner, we are used to dining late.

It is sure that we book this cruise, haven't booked jet because we want to wait till next month, we allready have plane tickets to go.

I've read that you have professional experience with booking cruises. :D

What do you think, will the prices go up or down during the month?