ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

Great !!! Sounds like you could be discretely done. We are on the Breeze next year and will get a weekly pass for the wife; now I have an incentive to at least get a day pass for myself !!!

Weekly pass, plus one day pass would cost $190. At that rate, you're better off just spending the $250 and having the entire week for yourself too. Plus there's never a guarantee that day passes will be offered.

What a great review. I have just had a spa cabin on the Splendor. I wish I had read your review before I left because I didn't know the relaxation room was for our use. I thought it was for people waiting for treatments. I also didn't know about the spa locker rooms and showers that were for our use only. I think I must have used the regular ones because the showers didn't look very different from the cabin except there was more room.

The layout looked very similar to the Splendor. I too thought it was strange that they gave us private access to the Spa but then we had to go to the front and wait in line to receive the wristband.

Luckily we did not have the problem with the doors. It was one handle only.

We also received 4 extra Elemis products in the room. A shampoo, conditioner, soap and a linen spray. These products were also not replaced although I only ran out of the body wash. I was the only one using them as my husband used the regular soap and shampoo that was in the shower.

We also received 4 extra Elemis products in the room. A shampoo, conditioner, soap and a linen spray.

I kind of thought it was cheesy that they advertised the Elemis products as being a "perk" of booking a spa cabin, and then they only gave me two little samples. Clearly I got ripped off :p Although I would have been equally unimpressed if I had received four tiny samples. If they want to advertise it as a perk of the cabin, they should give full-size products. If they only want them to be samples to try to generate sales of the full-size products, then they should be putting them in every cabin on the ship to maximize their advertising.

Ok, I just realized there is something I forgot to mention about the Spa cabin. It comes with two free "pay-per" classes. The only choices offered on the Dream were Yoga or Pilates. Signup sheets were left out on a table near the Spa Desk. I was interested in doing two of the Yoga classes, but then I saw the times...it was only offered at 9am. That was too late for me and would have broken up my day too much. I'm a morning person, so I would have done a 6am or 7am class, but 9am was waaaaaaaaaay too late for me!

Thanks so much for the review, me and DH dont' go until Feb but can't wait. I don't have contact lenses so DH will have to guide me...LOL:)

Barb

Using the photo above as a guideline, the very first room on your right is the Aroma Steam Bath. As you can see from the photo below, this room is very "wet." It is typically maintained at a very warm temperature. At times, it is heavily infused with an aroma similar to a Vick's Vapor Rub (menthol scent). Other times, the aroma is very subtle. You can control the temperature and music level using the controls outside the door.

Inside this room, you'll find long couch-like tiled loungers. The tiles on the loungers are heated. The "decor" is pots of hot stones. There are several hand-held sprayers, which you can use to cool yourself (or the loungers) off with cool water...very refreshing. You cannot wear glasses in this room, or they will steam up instantly. If you cannot see without your glasses, I would suggest wearing contact lenses in this room. Due to the level of moisture and steam in this room, I was unable to take "good" photos for this review. The camera steamed up almost as quickly as I would wipe it dry.

68702_10150245661604987_11685447_n.jpg

577375_10150245660769987_255252745_n.jpg

576300_10150245661759987_1084657977_n.jpg

46302_10150245661769987_1274936317_n.jpg

421278_10150245661789987_1883708720_n.jpg

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of someone using "public" areas, especially the T-pool for "discreet" activities is a real turn off. Really. Please consider the sanitation aspect of what you want to do. I really would not care to have to share any part of your fun. And I am not talking only about the visual aspects. Please reconsider this.

I believe that Carnival used to use the same Elemis products in the cabin shower dispensers because I do remember the minty bath gel in our cabin's shower but I don't believe that is what is in there now. I could be wrong, because I also cruise with another cruise line that has similar spa and Elemis spa products but they do have the Elemis products in the spa showers.

BTW, the spa is not owned nor run by Carnival. It is a business unto itself. Sorry, I cannot remember the name but they are on others cruise lines, as well.

Thanks so much for your indepth review and wonderful photos. I bought day passes on our last Dream cruise and loved it. I agree that the showers are wonderful, but I never tried the 'open' ones. I definitely will do that next time. We are booking a spa cabin next spring for the spa access and proximity to Serenity.

I'm sorry, but the whole idea of someone using "public" areas, especially the T-pool for "discreet" activities is a real turn off. Really. Please consider the sanitation aspect of what you want to do. I really would not care to have to share any part of your fun. And I am not talking only about the visual aspects. Please reconsider this.

Don't mean to be rude, but please ... live a little !!! There are grouser and much less sanitary things out there that we come in contact with on a daily basis !

Don't mean to be rude, but please ... live a little !!! There are grouser and much less sanitary things out there that we come in contact with on a daily basis !

While I agree with the other poster that I wouldn't want to knowingly soak in a pool which was contaminated with fluids, it's just one of those things in life that I choose to not think about when I get into a public hot tub or pool. I'm sure that anytime any one of us enters a public hot tub or pool, we are soaking in other peoples' urine. Yes, it's gross; however, it's a "gross" that I live with and try not to think about in order to enjoy the water. I view other fluids the same as I view urine. Yes, it's gross, but I'd be naive to think that it's never happened, so it's better to just not think about it.

Sorry, but I cannot disagree more. For one, I don't EVER use the pool nor the hot tubs on the ships because of the children who make the decision to not stop their play to go to the facilities. Now you are telling me that adults lack self-control as well? Lakes, oceans, rivers, that's all an acceptable place, especially when there are no bathrooms nearby. But every ship has a bathroom within 500 feet. :confused:

I choose to use the T-pool because I assumed it was only used by adults (and it is) and that adults would have the sense to use the bathroom before going in. Also because they limit the number of people using it. Come on guys. Just be considerate. I am not a prude by any sense of the word but please keep your fluids to yourself. I've worked in hospitals for more than 25 years. MRSA and Hepatitis germs can still live in these conditions.

To toribbia - i would like to know what you would describe as grosser or less sanitary and where one would come in contact with them.

Thank you for the review! I definitely want to book the weekly package if it's available. We're already booked into a Cove Balcony and I don't want to give that up to upgrade to a spa cabin, I like to stay down on the water. In my past cruises with Disney we purchased the Rainforest which is basically the same thing but less rooms. I used the heck out of it. We'll see how hubby feels. We're only doing two excursions, Belize and Roatan so on the days we're in Mexico, we'll probably be in the Spa!

I believe that Carnival used to use the same Elemis products in the cabin shower dispensers because I do remember the minty bath gel in our cabin's shower but I don't believe that is what is in there now. I could be wrong, because I also cruise with another cruise line that has similar spa and Elemis spa products but they do have the Elemis products in the spa showers.

BTW, the spa is not owned nor run by Carnival. It is a business unto itself. Sorry, I cannot remember the name but they are on others cruise lines, as well.

It is run by Steiner international spas who provides all the personnel also.

• 2 weeks later...

What a wonderful review!

We stayed in a spa interior cabin on Dream last year 11241. For the price it was fantastic, and to have the access to the spa was the icing... We always eat at late seating, so every afternoon as people were getting ready for early seating, we had the spa mostly to ourselves. The tepidarium and the relaxation room were my favorite spots. It was into the t-pool for awhile, then snoozing on the yellow tile loungers, then into the relaxation room with a cup of tea to watch the sunset. If I had the chance to be on a ship with that type of spa again, I would stay in the spa rooms, no question.

Just got off the Dream today after our surprising 8 day cruise (Thanks Hurricane Sandy). Stayed in a spa cabin, and enjoyed the T-pool, loungers and the quiet. The serenity lounge are was closed on Friday and Saturday due to the hurricane, and the spa rooms were the only place to see the front of the ship. Decks 12 and up were closed as well as deck 5.

Well worth the upgrade.

Will be posting my review in the next day of so.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the awesome review. the pics and description reminds me of the Rock Spa at Hard Rock resort in Dominican Republic. I think I want to get a week long pass for myself. I will be on the dream christmas sailing, so we shall see:D

• 2 weeks later...

What an amazing fantastic review!! We are booked in 11203 on the Dream in April and with three adults in the room we are thrilled with the size the room appears to be.

It was a quick decision to book this room. We weighed the cost of the spa and having to purchase one extra pass with a regular interior room (which we are always happy with) - and decided to splurge when we saw the room available.

Then we went to book and there were no more rooms available online - then available - then not available - so I called Carnival and we got it! The only downside we have experienced at this point is due to the limited number of rooms in our category - even though the standard OV room price has dropped we have not been able to take advantage of any Early Saver credit. :(

After reading your review I am very happy that even though we don't get extra credit - it looks like we are going to have a very memorable cruise experience!!!!! Thank you!!!!

Thanks so much for all the Spa information. I anticipate going on the Splendor 3/5/13 and will be staying in an inside Spa room. Since I'm paying single supplement I had to be "frugal". Am I understanding you correctly that there is still a fee to access the Spa itself? I was just on the Epic and joined the Spa for the cruise. Of course I paid fee but wasn't sure how Spa rooms would work it.;)

Thank you so much for your review will be in 11214 in June can't wait almost book one of your rooms but they were not avaliable.

For those talking about price drops I understand there are hardly any 3 person balcony rooms so even if prices do drop we will not get it o well we booked at an awesome price and I know I will get my money worth in the spa :)