ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

The Cloud 9 Steamrooms are wonderful, beautiful, relaxing, gorgeous, etc., etc. I was on Magic in a Cloud 9 stateroom in April - and we are booked again in September, can't wait!!! I really love the thelasso pool. In April, one night the seas were really rough and my sisters were in the pool, and it was heaving and splashing all over the place. They said it was better than a roller coaster and they had to hold on for dear life. They came back to the stateroom laughing and telling stories about their experience - I missed it, but it sounded like they had a really fun time.

Thanks for sharing that! I was on the Dream Jan. 5 and one of my favorite things about the cruise was the spa. I thought I might have been the only one that thought the rolling T-pool was fun. We missed 2 ports due to wind and had some pretty rough seas. It was so much fun holding on and getting splashed. They did close the pool a couple of times for short periods.... ha, they probably needed to refill it too. Loved the rest of the spa too.

• 2 months later...

So can you tell me were you given access to the spa for no additional cost or did you have to pay the $250 per couple to use all the amenities? We just booked a similar cabin to the one you were in for our family on the Breeze.

Thanks!

If you have a spa cabin then you get two free passes to the spa. Kids are not allowed,I think it is 18 and above. If you have more than two adults in your spa cabin the additional cruisers will have to buy a spa package in order to use the spa.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 months later...

I just upgraded from 8 A balcony to an 8 F SPA balcony. for the upcoming curise in 6 days. The guest relations person at Carnival told me a bunch of reasons for booking the spa balcony, but I forgot them about as fast as she told me what they were Could anyone out there please tell me exactly what I bought in the upgrade. ie What all does the spa package include. I mainly got the spa cabin because our 5 year old son will spend most of his free time just 1 floor up on Deck 12.

If you don't want to read this lengthy review, just watch the videos that I posted. They'll show you everything that you'll get. Your cabin will be very different than the one in this review though. It will be much smaller, but will have a balcony.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

If you don't want to read this lengthy review, just watch the videos that I posted. They'll show you everything that you'll get. Your cabin will be very different than the one in this review though. It will be much smaller, but will have a balcony.

Thanks so much for the info on the spas. I booked 1110 on the Conquest, so I think the layout is a little different, but WOW my DW is going to just go crazy when she sees it. (Just upgraded from aft balcony on deck 6

Thanks so much for the info on the spas. I booked 1110 on the Conquest, so I think the layout is a little different, but WOW my DW is going to just go crazy when she sees it. (Just upgraded from aft balcony on deck 6

Wow, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Conquest doesn't have a Cloud 9 Spa. There is a deck called the Spa Deck (since the spa is on that deck), but there are no amenities like you would find on the ships with a Cloud 9 Spa. It's a nice location, but all you'll get is the location. I should have realized this when I read your initial post, since all spa balconies are 8S cabins (not 8F).

Edited by rockbock

Ok, so it looks like my husband and I are all dressed up in our spa attire and ready to show you the Cloud 9 Spa area!

541318_10150245742124987_524684487_n.jpg

On the last sea day, I brought my camera up to the Cloud 9 Spa area as soon as it opened at 8am. I wanted to videotape the entire floor before people started using the area. My videos are FAR from perfect, but I think the videos will give you a better perpective of how the area is set up than just looking at photos alone. I did forget to say or do a lot of things in the videos, however, so I'll make a point to comment on these items once I get to the photo walkthrough.

I split the video up into four short clips of about 5 minutes or less each. I'd recommend viewing them in order, but it's not necessary.

A few notes about these videos:

(1) The Spa area is not loud. Some of the videos have a lot of background noise or the background music seems obnoxiously loud. I'm not sure why it recorded that way. The sounds in the Cloud 9 Spa area were always soft and soothing. You can even manually adjust the volume of the music (or level of heat/steam) in each room.

(2) The "beeping" sound that you hear in the locker room is ALWAYS there and it is VERY annoying. For some reason, the safes beep nonstop.

(3) I forgot to turn on the "open" showers in the spa area for this video (not the ones in the locker room). They are NOT TO BE MISSED! The controls are amazing. You can add water jets from the side, misting jets, etc. You can even add mood lighting. These are the best showers I've ever used IN MY LIFE. Well worth showering in a bathing suit to be able to experience these showers!

VIDEO #1

This video leads you from my cabin on the 11th deck (Panorama) up the private staircase to Spa Deck 12. I also explain the process for getting access to the spa areas.

VIDEO #2

This video tours the Thalassotherapy Pool and the first steam room.

VIDEO #3

This video tours the other three steam rooms/saunas, as well as the relaxation lounge.

VIDEO #4

This video tours the Cloud 9 Spa private locker room.

NEXT UP: Photo tour of the Cloud 9 Spa area

wow...i might need to book the Cloud 9 spa cabins for my 50th birthday next december. Thanks for the video.

Wow, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Conquest doesn't have a Cloud 9 Spa. There is a deck called the Spa Deck (since the spa is on that deck), but there are no amenities like you would find on the ships with a Cloud 9 Spa. It's a nice location, but all you'll get is the location. I should have realized this when I read your initial post, since all spa balconies are 8S cabins (not 8F).

I called Carnival and they insisted I had bought the spa package. after 40 minutes o n the phone and on hold, They admitted that Conquest did not have the spa package. I told them I wanted my old room back, but they said it was not available and offered me an 8B instead of the 8A but wanted to charge me for that upgrade. I finally got in touch with a supervisor and was booked into an 8B and was refunded the 150 that I paid for the first upgrade, Thanks for all the information I appreciate all comments.

ps: still going to miss the spa that ain't on my ship

We booked a spa stateroom last April on the Dream for our 25th anniversary cruise. We had previously sailed on the Dream in 2010 and I purchased a "day pass" for the spa. I knew then, if I ever sailed on her again, I wanted to have the full experience with my husband. It was so wonderful, we have booked for the relocation trip on April 5th this year. 9 days on the spa deck, I can't wait! By FAR this is my favorite way to cruise! The thalassotherapy pool is great and the thermo suites are wonderful! We really enjoyed the mud room too (that costs extra...)

The Cloud 9 Spa rooms are all coed. The free steam room is not coed, but it also isn't very nice.

Still wondering--are there any co-ed spas on land, anywhere in the world, similar to Cloud 9? Especially loved the different steam rooms.

Since I'm contemplating a trip to Istanbul one of these days, either by ship or land, and since Turkey is famous for baths (hammam), wondering if there are any co-ed spas there.

I'm now praying that no one feels the need to not wear swimwear in the spa. We've just booked spa cabins with our 21 yr old mentally impaired daughter, and this would completely freak her out for the duration of the cruise. Please, think of others when making decisions like that.

I'm now praying that no one feels the need to not wear swimwear in the spa. We've just booked spa cabins with our 21 yr old mentally impaired daughter, and this would completely freak her out for the duration of the cruise. Please, think of others when making decisions like that.

This would freak me out too and I would be very vocal about such an inconsiderate and inappropriote behaviour. It may be acceptable in other venues but certainly not on the cruise ship. It is not a private club or nudist cruise. I have no interest in seeing the majority of the "beautiful bodies" on a cruise ship in the buff. My eyes wouldn't stop burning for weeks. :eek:

Cheers!

I can not thank you enough for you videos and information. I was thinking of leaving Carnival to try something new but now I can stay with Carnival and do something totally new for DH and I. I can't believe booking a SPA 9 Balcony out of New Orleans (which I have never seen) is thousands to dollars cheaper than the other cruise lines I was looking at. Thanks, Thanks, Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

A "heads up" for anyone booking a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on deck 11 on the port side of the ship - most of these are under the gym and most will be noisy especially cabins 11218 to 11236 (both inside and balcony) since they are directly under the weight machines. If you book these you may learn the hard way like so many others who have had bad experiences. Carnival Dream Guest Services gets a lot of complaints about the noise and shaking walls and ceilings in these cabins.

Cheers!

Edited by Tantra1

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for the review! I have finally read through all of the pages, but still have one question. I just booked this same room. We are not handicapped, so I know I run the risk of being moved. If we are moved, I understand it has to be to a category of equal or better value. Since there are not any of equal value that are not handicapped, what type of room would I be moved to? If it is not a spa room, would I still get spa privileges? TIA!

Thank you so much for the review! I have finally read through all of the pages, but still have one question. I just booked this same room. We are not handicapped, so I know I run the risk of being moved. If we are moved, I understand it has to be to a category of equal or better value. Since there are not any of equal value that are not handicapped, what type of room would I be moved to? If it is not a spa room, would I still get spa privileges? TIA!

We entertained booking one while we were on board in December. Unfortunately, the booking agent onboard could give us a definitive answer on that question. My gut would say that they can't take away a privilege you pay for with your booking. I do know that they do move people to the spa from other parts of the ship if there are spa rooms available and they do not get to use the facilities since they didn't pay for them.

Since I couldn't get an answer, we opted for a different stateroom.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for your awesome review! I just read yesterday here is CC that the thelasotherapy (bad spelling!) pool spelled of urine:eek:. Was that your experience too?

I have only been on the dream. I've had access to that thalassotherapy pool two days the first time and the entire week last year. It always smelled the same. The best description I could give you is a chlorine-like smell... It isn't exactly the same, but definitely not pee...

Is the day pass still $35 per person, or has that changed?

Basically we are trying to decide if we want to do one day, two days, or full week.

I'm not sure. I have read on here that some have paid $40 per day. I have only purchased the spa day pass once, since then we have booked a spa cabin. I paid either $30 or $35. I know the day passes are limited depending upon how many week long passes they sell. I'm not sure if you can pick certain days to purchase on day one (only book sea days, for example...) probably not or everyone would do that since they are the the most logical days to pick. If I were you, I'd visit the spa soon after boarding (I think they open at 1:00) and ask those questions to be sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Be aware that the spa staff may lie to you in order to get you to purchase a week long pass on embarkation day. I was told by Lauren during the spa tour that no day passes would be sold at all, except maybe on port days. Sure enough we showed up at 8 am the first sea day and we were able to get day passes. Don't be pressured into buying the week pass on that first day.

Also, I haven't seen this addressed but if you buy a day pass and then decide you like it enough for a full week pass the amount you paid for your day pass will be applied towards the week pass. So there isn't that much of an advantage for buying the week pass right away if you haven't tried it before and are uncertain if you will like it. The only advantage that you gain is protection against them selling out of passes. I am not sure how often that actually happens, I wouldn't think often though. Our cruise was ideal for having spa access and there were loads of passes available throughout the cruise.

I am adding my comments here for the Splendor spa facilities. I know this isn't a Splendor thread but as the most comprehensive spa review I would guess most people interested would seek out this thread, even if they are sailing a different ship than the op.

On the Splendor most shower heads and wands weren't functioning properly. In the thalassotherapy pool only one shower head was functioning. I believe only one shower wand was functioning properly in either steam room. I believe it was in the non aromatherapy steam room. All of the other shower wands leaked from various connection points and the water that came out of the head came out as a stream rather than from the little spigots. I tried adjusting them all and it didn't make a difference. One of the rain shower stalls also had a similar issue, there was more of a stream rather than a rain. Neither of the shower stalls had the mood lighting. The heated chairs seemed to not be functioning properly. Each chair I chose was heated but several people, including my husband, said their chairs weren't heating. The "captains chair", the tile lounger that overlooks the bow of the ship, was uncomfortably hot. I did use towels between me and the chair and I lasted less than 5 minutes. In the time I was in that room I saw two others also complain that the chair was too hot.

I do not believe that the Splendor had free steam rooms accessible through the locker rooms, nor could I find a sauna. I really enjoy the sauna so I was very disappointed in that. The relaxation area waters were empty each time I checked, save for once. I don't know if the issue is that they fill them once a day and then don't check back or if I just hit at the wrong times. I believe I checked four times throughout that day.

The lockers were not beeping in the Splendor locker room.

I am glad I tried the spa pass but I doubt I would do it again, unless I were cruising an intenerary that was going to be in chilly weather the entire time. I really only enjoyed the thalassotherapy pool and I can't see using that enough to justify the current rates of $40/day or $150/cruise. I would probably consider a spa balcony if the rate were less than $250 for the upgrade since I would also get the benefit of a smoke free balcony section. Unfortunately for my particular sailing they didn't seem terribly motivated in selling spa cabins. Less than a week before sailing there were still about half of the spa cabins unoccupied. I called asking what the upgrade cost would be and was quoted $1600 extra for a balcony to spa balcony move for 2. I didn't get a chance to check back, either availability or pricing as the cruise got closer but I can say I saw fewer than a dozen yellow towels at the lido pool on any given day. I know that isn't exactly indicative of fullness but I figure it is likely some measure of fullness. Also none of the spa facilities were even half full when I was there the first sea day. Everyone I saw at the thalassotherapy pool had colored wrist bands (indicating day or week passes rather than spa cabin passes) so I took that as an indication that they didn't sell many of the spa cabins as well.