ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

I saw on another thread (can't remember where now) that the Elimis products included conditioner as well and you could ask the room stewart for more samples as you wished. We are going on the Breeze in September and was wondering if anyone has recently been on the Breeze in a Spa room and knows if they have conditioner and can you request more samples. thanks

I am so glad I read this as 3 weeks ago when I booked they put us in cabin 11234 but after reading this I switched us to 11233 which is across the hall on the starboard side. Whew!

A "heads up" for anyone booking a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on deck 11 on the port side of the ship - most of these are under the gym and most will be noisy especially cabins 11218 to 11236 (both inside and balcony) since they are directly under the weight machines. If you book these you may learn the hard way like so many others who have had bad experiences. Carnival Dream Guest Services gets a lot of complaints about the noise and shaking walls and ceilings in these cabins.

Cheers!

Thanks so much! Your review has caused me to book this room. I booked it for May 2015; these rooms sell out instantly, so I went ahead and booked it 13 months early (right after the schedule came out). I am so excited now. We will be on the Dream this July in a 5 person family oceanview, so maybe that will hold me over until next year.

• 1 month later...
A "heads up" for anyone booking a Cloud 9 Spa cabin on deck 11 on the port side of the ship - most of these are under the gym and most will be noisy especially cabins 11218 to 11236 (both inside and balcony) since they are directly under the weight machines. If you book these you may learn the hard way like so many others who have had bad experiences. Carnival Dream Guest Services gets a lot of complaints about the noise and shaking walls and ceilings in these cabins.

Cheers!

First to the OP - Thank you for such an informative review. We were really excited about cruising from New Orleans on the Sunshine....but since we aren't cruising until November 2014...we have to book on the Dream. Now we are starting the Cabin Search. Your review let me know what the "Spa Perk's" are.

Tantra1 -- Thanks for the heads up on cabin selections....I always check to make sure that I'm not under or over the night clubs, pool decks, or buffet. I never even thought about the gym -- makes sense though.

OceanDreams

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted to try using the spa without buying the whole week, so I purchased the scrub bar for around $15 or less. It is a fun experience where you get to create your own scrub from several choices, and you get to take some home with you as well. Anyway, you make your scrub and then you get to use the spa amenities! I see this as a much cheaper way to experience the spa. With the scrub, you can go to the spa pool, use the sauna, steam room, heated chairs, etc. So, if you just buy the scrub when you want to use the spa, you would save a lot of money. I like the spa, but I am not someone who would use it every day.

• 1 month later...

Just finished the July 13th Dream sailing. The Cloud 9 Spa pass price for couples was only $199. Not sure if they changed it permanently or just for this cruise, as in previous posts people mention that it was $249/couple. $199 was easier to justify for us, so we opted to go for it instead of chancing it with daily passes. We used it 4 different days, so the week pass was definitely worth it for us.

Edited by kaosx

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for taking the time to post this great, thorough review!! I had been looking at the spa cabins, particularly the ocean views or interior and your review sold me. :) There had been no Spa OV available for the sailing I wanted and then one popped up, so I grabbed it as quickly as possible for my family of 4. I always mean to do a review, paying it forward but tend to get busy once we return back from vacation and get into the routine of "life". Thanks again! Loved the tip about the scrub option to try out the spa amenities also!

Great information - thanks!

I'll be on Breeze for a B2B in October - looking forward to a fun spa experience and another great Carnival cruise!

(But I'm staying in a cove balcony, not a spa cabin...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just came across this and had to say that this post answered all my questions about the Cloud 9 Spa. Thank you very much for taking the time to post. The videos were excellent. I will definitely be purchasing the weekly spa passes on the Splendor next month.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and I really loved the Cloud 9 spa on the Dream. Not for treatments--we don't do those. But for the co-ed common rooms: especially the two steam rooms (Aroma and Oriental), the tepidarium, and the thassalo pool.

Does the Liberty have all the same *co-ed* common thermal spa rooms as the Dream? Or almost as many? If so, which does the Liberty lack?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
Wife and i changed our cabins from lido balcony to Could 9 balcony on magic for my 50th birthday on 12/7. The price difference was $73 and we could not pass that up.Hoping we enjoy being on that deck.:D:D

I was in a Cloud 9 inside room on Carnival Splendor about 18 months ago. I liked the whole arrangement and the availability of the Spa area without an additional charge.

Thank you for this review, we will absolutely be purchasing weekly passes on the Dream :D Where is the spa reception desk where we would go to buy our passes, can we access this without being in a spa cabin? (we do not want to change from our cove balcony as we have always wanted to try a cove)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review.

For all of you who have been on the dream class ships, is there any advantage/disadvantage to staying on Deck 12 (Spa deck) as opposed to 11?

I am leaning toward 12 for the quiet factor, as we found the spa deck on the Conquest to be very quiet for the week.

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you for this review, we will absolutely be purchasing weekly passes on the Dream :D Where is the spa reception desk where we would go to buy our passes, can we access this without being in a spa cabin? (we do not want to change from our cove balcony as we have always wanted to try a cove)

Glad to hear you say this! We've just booked a Cove, which I am really looking forward to, but I love the Spa amenities! However, the difference between the Deck 11 OV and our Cove, when you factor in the Spa Package we would only save about $12 and some elevator time :D.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...