ALL THINGS CLOUD 9 SPA - A Detailed Photo/Video Review Of Carnival Dream Spa

rockbock

What a wonderful and comprehensive review! We're doing an interior spa room on the Dream in February and I'm really looking forward to this. Hubby wasn't sure it would be worth the $$ but I think he will be pleasantly surprised.

A few questions for you:

How crowded were the sauna rooms and T-pool throughout the week?

Were there a lot of children in the area?

Did you find good times to go when things were less crowded?

What were the opening and closing hours like for the facilities?

Am I understanding you correctly that there is still a fee to access the Spa itself? I was just on the Epic and joined the Spa for the cruise. Of course I paid fee but wasn't sure how Spa rooms would work it.;)

If you booked a spa cabin, there is no extra charge to access the spa rooms that I showed in this thread.

A few questions for you:

How crowded were the sauna rooms and T-pool throughout the week?

Were there a lot of children in the area?

Did you find good times to go when things were less crowded?

What were the opening and closing hours like for the facilities?

The saunas and steam baths were never crowded. There were never more than 4-6 people total in a room and generally it was just me and my husband alone. The T-pool sometimes had nobody other than me and my husband. Other times, there were as many as 10 people in it. On average, there were normally 4-6 people. The pool is large enough to accommodate up to 20 or more people very comfortably.

You must be 18 to access the spa area and I never saw a child in the spa other than during the tours on embarkation day.

If I recall correctly, the spa opened at 5pm on embarkation day (after the tours were done). It opened at 8am every other morning and closed at 10pm each night. It was never crowded in the morning. Afternoons on sea days were a little more crowded, but not bad. From 5pm until 10pm it was always the most crowded, but not really bad at all.

I realize this is totally unrelated. And I was on the dream last year and am going again april 2013. My fav part of this cruise is the amazing spa. I purchase the spa pass. I stay in a room on the panorama deck, but not a spa cabin....Any hoo...........I love that pink bathing suit you have. May I ask where you got it. What brand is it? I really like that style!

I realize this is totally unrelated. And I was on the dream last year and am going again april 2013. My fav part of this cruise is the amazing spa. I purchase the spa pass. I stay in a room on the panorama deck, but not a spa cabin....Any hoo...........I love that pink bathing suit you have. May I ask where you got it. What brand is it? I really like that style!

Thanks! It came from Dillards. I rummaged through the end-of-season leftovers at the beginning of September and bought 4 or 5 suits for about $10 each!

My travel agent got me upgraded to a spa cabin. She said that i would love it with all the spa privileges. The spa cabin was nice and had the slippers and other luxuries. But when I went to the spa ,they said that I was not entitled to the spa pass as I had been upgraded and did not pay for the spa package in my room. I even went to the front desk and they said that my travel agent was incorrect and that I would not get a spa pass. Didn't make much sense that a spa room would not get a spa pass.

Great review!! We upgraded for such a small amount to a Spa cabin on the breeze I'm dying to see it!!!! 12019!!!!!! But I thought as well that we would be able to use the spa, didnt realize that i needed an extra pass??

The 1st 2 in the cabin get the benifits IF AND ONLY IF you paid to upgrade and it was not a free upgrade

If there is a 3rd or 4th in the cabin they have to pay extra for a pass

Question for those that have booked the spa cabin. From the sound of it, all you need is to wear the white wristband and show a S&S card (even if you're two people?) so doesn't that mean you could technically bring in another friend (who isn't the 2nd guest) as long as this person wears the white band and goes with you?

I am not trying to cheat the system - I'm just wondering if I could easily give the access to my parents (who are booked in a regular room) since I'm pregnant and can't use the pool anyway (and my husband isn't going to go if I don't plan on going) If all I need to do is let them have my wristband and one of our S&S cards, that sounds simple and perfect!

Question for those that have booked the spa cabin. From the sound of it, all you need is to wear the white wristband and show a S&S card (even if you're two people?) so doesn't that mean you could technically bring in another friend (who isn't the 2nd guest) as long as this person wears the white band and goes with you?

I am not trying to cheat the system - I'm just wondering if I could easily give the access to my parents (who are booked in a regular room) since I'm pregnant and can't use the pool anyway (and my husband isn't going to go if I don't plan on going) If all I need to do is let them have my wristband and one of our S&S cards, that sounds simple and perfect!

I am in a spa room on the Dream in Feb but I do know your S & S card has your picture on it so they will know, so not sure if it would work

The 1st 2 in the cabin get the benifits IF AND ONLY IF you paid to upgrade and it was not a free upgrade

If there is a 3rd or 4th in the cabin they have to pay extra for a pass

No we definatly paid!!! And as far as the 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin, their our kids who are 9 and 12 so they cant go in anyway!!

We are just off Splendor and stayed in room 1114, which was a balcony spa cabin. I used the Thesso pool and the rooms and found them to be excellent. We also got two free classes and both DH and I took a yoga class. We enjoyed the spa and all the extras (special spa robe, slippers and products in the room.) When we went to the spa, we gave them our room key and they gave us a VIP access card for the special areas. We also got a wristband but it was a different color every day so it was cut off at the end of our visit if we weren't going to visit again that day. The private areas were never crowded and there were times when I was the only person using them.

Having said all of that, I am not sure that I would pay extra to use the special areas again. I went to the spa 3 times on the 7 day cruise, so I probably didn't get my money's worth.

I am in a spa room on the Dream in Feb but I do know your S & S card has your picture on it so they will know, so not sure if it would work

On our Magic cruise last yr the actual S&S card did not have a pictures on it. If they scan the card then they would see the pic but not on the actual card. Maybe they have changed it since last december.

I just came across your review today and REALLY enjoyed all the information and pictures. It looks a lot like the Splendor thermal suite area, so I know I will enjoy it and now will plan on purchasing the week long pass when I board the Dream in March! :D

For what its worth... We just enjoyed a week on Magic in an inside spa cabin. When you book a spa cabin they give you a white wrist band when you check in on the first day and you use it for the entire week. You don't have to stop at the desk each visit and exchange your sign and sail card for an access key... just slip your sign and sail card in the slot and the doors open. I think access to the spa is a little more convenient when you book a spa cabin versus purchasing a spa pass. The only time anyone will ask you for your sign and sail card again is if you purchase a service such as a massage from them.

We used the spa every day and loved it! It was especially nice when coming back exhausted from a fun filled day at a port. Well worth the extra cost in my opinion.

Edited by James in SA

When you book a spa cabin they give you a white wrist band when you check in on the first day and you use it for the entire week. You don't have to stop at the desk each visit and exchange your sign and sail card for an access key... just slip your sign and sail card in the slot and the doors open. I think access to the spa is a little more convenient when you book a spa cabin versus purchasing a spa pass. The only time anyone will ask you for your sign and sail card again is if you purchase a service such as a massage from them.

Does anyone know if the Cloud 9 on the Dream works this way now? I was in a spa balcony on the Dream in 2010 and you had to stop and trade your S&S for a white card. I'll be in a spa room in a couple days and I'm hoping they've upgraded to this system for much easier access.

Guess I'll let you know in a week or so! Happy Cruising to all! :D

• 1 month later...

After your amazing review I only have 1 question... When you booked this room did you think you may get bumped because it is a handicap room? Its available for my sailing and I want to grab it but we are sailing with other people and I want to remain on the same deck as them. What are your thoughts?

Great review, I booked 11201 for April. I can not wait. I read through most of the posts in the thread but I am still confused as to the Spa Access and cost. I see in one post that if I want to use it for a week for a couple, it would cost $250. If I don't pay the $250, what are some of the benefits then for booking a Spa OV room? Can I use the sauna, T-Pool, Relaxation room without paying the $250? I assume no...