Confession: Ship Stalker

Afraid I'll have to joing the club.. If RCI ever installs bridge cams onboard like many of the other cruise lines, I'll be in deep ****...

Like this one on the Oasis? At the bottom are options for different areas of the ship. Now you are in deep*****Enjoy :)

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/multimedia/webcam/ship.do?shipCode=OA

Hi, I'm mmcruise, and I stalked the Allure in the weeks leading up to our cruise. There were even virtual sailaway parties with our roll call some weeks.

I even just moved to a new office in my building in New York, where I get to see cruise ships every day out the window, live. My co-workers think it's odd that I can name every ship that comes into port and every once in a while I cry out "I've been on that one!" (Ok, so I keep a printout of the NY Harbor schedule on my desk - shh).

Now I would like to stalk the Explorer but can't figure out how. Can anyone help me with my habit?

Hi, I'm mmcruise, and I stalked the Allure in the weeks leading up to our cruise. There were even virtual sailaway parties with our roll call some weeks.

I even just moved to a new office in my building in New York, where I get to see cruise ships every day out the window, live. My co-workers think it's odd that I can name every ship that comes into port and every once in a while I cry out "I've been on that one!" (Ok, so I keep a printout of the NY Harbor schedule on my desk - shh).

Now I would like to stalk the Explorer but can't figure out how. Can anyone help me with my habit?

nyharborwebcam.com will show you sailaways for EOS. 1 dose a week should help feed your habit.........

Thanks Doc. I will get the script filled tomorrow.:D

Well you should be good for a while seeing as how you leave next weekend. We, on the other hand, have to wait until December. Guess we'll just have to be content watching your sailaway as a short "fix". And if we don't catch up with you until then, enjoy your cruise - as I'm sure you will!

Like this one on the Oasis? At the bottom are options for different areas of the ship. Now you are in deep*****Enjoy :)

They have webcams but none show the view from the bridge. All show interior areas of the ship. What he, and I, would like is a view from the bridge or the mast.

My addiction is a little more dangerous. It's amazing how many times I have to drive east on the weekend :rolleyes:;) As we drive over the connecting flyover from I-595 to I-95 you can see the ships in all their glory towering over the smoke stacks at the electric station. I have to be very careful, I'm afraid one of these days I will look a little too long and make it a real "flyover" ;):eek:

All kidding aside, it is fun to see them docked there on the weekends.

Another ship stalker confesses here. Really got into it this year. Started a new "Favorites" for port webcams and was wondering about myself doing this - lol. Glad to hear others are doing the same thing. It was fun following the thread last week on abunch of us wondering why the Vision was leaving Fort Lauderdale late.

They have webcams but none show the view from the bridge. All show interior areas of the ship. What he, and I, would like is a view from the bridge or the mast.

Oh, I see what your saying. You will have to book for that. They do have it on the in cabin tv. :)

:) Thought more of the ones costa have where you can follow the view from the bridge and at the same time see where the ship is on the map.

http://www.costacruise.com/usa/webcam_costa_cruise_ships.html

Oh, I see what your saying. You will have to book for that. They do have it on the in cabin tv. :)

Already booked (see below), but it's interesting they do have a bridge cam but don't make it available on the Internet. I would much rather see where they're going than the zip line.

Archived