Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

I have my own brand of water, lol.

Allure20121138.jpg

Lunch was great. Two things I think are the most popular (and best) on the menu are the coconut shrimp and the Caribbean fries. Everyone was ordering these two items. Delicious.

Allure20121140.jpg

Allure20121142.jpg

Allure20121141.jpg

Allure20121144.jpg

Allure20121145.jpg

Allure20121136.jpg

You can get kayaks (included) and snorkel gear from this hut on the beach. Rae and I used a kayak when we sailed the Liberty in March. Couldn't this time, but if you have a few minutes (and why wouldn't you- you're on vacation!:D), give it a try. It's a lot of fun.

Allure20121133.jpg

We tipped Eduardo and left Mr. Sancho's around 3 PM. There were taxi drivers waiting for us as we reached the entrance to the property. Our driver was kind, he took the scenic route so I could take pictures along the way back. He even stopped once (his suggestion) so we could take a photo with the Allure in the distance.

Allure20121150.jpg

Allure20121148.jpg

Allure20121151.jpg?t=1351604585

When we got back to the pier area, we went to Los Cinco Soles to find some pure vanilla. It's right behind Senor Frog's. If you love to cook or bake, this vanilla is a must-have. Cozumel is famous for its pure vanilla. I like the Los Cinco Soles brand because it's also organic. The 125 ml size cost $4.

Allure20121176.jpg

Allure20121159.jpg?t=1351605510

Allure20121163.jpg

Allure20121165.jpg

Allure20121166.jpg

When we got back to the ship, we just relaxed in the room for a while and enjoyed our view. I just love the shade of blue of the water in Cozumel. It's gorgeous, and I could stare at it for hours.

Allure20121167.jpg

Allure20121168.jpg

Allure20121178.jpg

Allure20121179.jpg

Your photos of Cozumel are beautiful!

Chrystal, OMG, I love the pictures!!! I read your last review when you went there with your GF's and it made me and my friends book it. Now I just have to hope for good weather because I'm looking forward to spending the day there!

Patty

Thank you! It's a beautiful place, so many colors to see. Hoping you have great weather, Patty! We're 2 for 2 in terms of weather. :)

So tonight, we decided to go to the early seating of the comedy show. I think we just walked into that one since it appeared to be booked solid that night. We went a few minutes before showtime and were able to walk right in. I think most people were going to the late night shows, even though they were the same. Combine that with the fact that sailaway was close to the show time, and I could see why it was so easy to get in that night.

I wore a long black dress. Very comfortable. Don't mind the building behind me- looks like I'm wearing a hat! :o Didn't really notice until we got home!

Allure20121181.jpg?t=1351637296

The comedy show was hilarious! The material is definitely NOT for kids. You must go see it.

Allure20121182.jpg

Allure20121184.jpg

Allure20121188.jpg

Allure20121189.jpg

Glad you and family are safe! I was so glad you took pic's of the AI side because it has convinced me to go that route I like the fact that everything is paid for and easy to try different things! Would you suggest buying before hand or after we get there? Thanks for all your hard work! Take care of you and lil bit!

Simply loving this review!!! And I must say, you are even more beautiful pregnant than you were before. You look so pretty in my bathing suit!

Barb

Thank you so much, Barb! :D

Edited by Host Faith

OMG, we loved the comedy show! BTW, I didn't notice when I was onboard, but, from your picture, they spelled "you're" wrong.

Hi Michele! How's the weather in your neck of the woods? I hope all is well. I didn't even notice the typo until you mentioned it. Whoops!

Glad you and family are safe! I was so glad you took pic's of the AI side because it has convinced me to go that route I like the fact that everything is paid for and easy to try different things! Would you suggest buying before hand or after we get there? Thanks for all your hard work! Take care of you and lil bit!

Thanks boxermom :)

I would book it in advance if you book through Cozumel watersports dot com, it's $45 pp instead of $50. You only have to put down a $5 deposit pp and pay the balance when you arrive.

Edited by Host Faith

Krystal,

I know your not quite finished, but I'll add in to the many thank you messages you are getting and will get. While I know you get some pleasure out of writing them, it is a lot of work. I've often said I can get something out of every review, and for this one I think I'm paying attention to those great photos at Mr Sancho's. After two cruise on Allure's eastern itinerary, I am looking at possibly Freedom on the west and I need to find something different for our 4th trip to Cozumel and this looks like a real possibility.

Up next: Nothing . Most likely sailing from NJ in 2014

Inaugural voyage on the Sunshine class perhaps?

Edited by BillOh

Dinner on this night was just "okay." If you want to visit a specialty restaurant one night, the night in Cozumel would be a good choice.

I had the Caesar salad and the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The salad was fine, but the chicken was pretty bland. I was expecting nice salty ham and melted cheese to ooze out of the chicken once I cut it, but it was solid and tasteless. So disappointing. None of the desserts looked appetizing to me, so we both got a scoop of Wes' vanilla ice cream :rolleyes::).

Allure20121192.jpg?t=1351688485

Allure20121195.jpg

Allure20121193.jpg

Allure20121194.jpg

Dinner on this night was just "okay." If you want to visit a specialty restaurant one night, the night in Cozumel would be a good choice.

I had the Caesar salad and the Chicken Cordon Bleu. The salad was fine, but the chicken was pretty bland. I was expecting nice salty ham and melted cheese to ooze out of the chicken once I cut it, but it was solid and tasteless.

Noted, I think that would have been my choice as well. I'll watch for more reviews. Looks good in the photo though.

OMG, we loved the comedy show! BTW, I didn't notice when I was onboard, but, from your picture, they spelled "you're" wrong.

I saw this, too! I'm glad I hadn't seen it while there because it would have driven me crazy! (And I'm not even an English teacher!!)

Allure20121194.jpg

I had the Surf and Turf this night in the dining room and the petit filet was great on my recent Explorer cruise.

As always....loving your review with pictures...great job :)

Donna

Hi Michele! How's the weather in your neck of the woods? I hope all is well. I didn't even notice the typo until you mentioned it. Whoops!

COLD! Above freezing, but we received 8 inches of snow on Monday night/Tuesday. We had fun though - made 2 huge snowmen and a snowdog (courtesy of my middle child). :) It's all melted now, and I'm ready for spring. LOL Thankfully, our cruise is in just under 2 weeks!

Great pictures and review... I don't want it to end.