Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

O wow Faith. That is so kool! I am going to make that my first stop on restaurants. Love those stones and the fun of sitting and cooking together! Truly relaxing! Yum!

It was very relaxing! Pretty quiet up there, with a great view. It wasn't full when we left either. And the service was great. Enjoy! :)

Host Faith, what a wonderful review. We were on the same sailing as you and had an awesome time. I am reliving it thru your pictures since our camera broke on day 2!! Thanks for sharing.

Hi Chris! Thank you :). I always fear my camera breaking or losing it...I'm thinking of buying a backup or two. Then again we have a while before we're cruising again! I'm glad you had a great time on the Allure!

I think we might try Izumi - I wasn't sure my husband would like it - but seeing your photos - we may just give it a try. I was considering the 3-restaurant package for Oasis and I think Izumi is one of the choices. He loves his filet so this is right up his alley.

Thanks again - just love your reviews (in case I haven't mentioned that before ;))

Barb

Haha! Thanks, Barb! Izumi is worth a try. I like the idea of going early in the evening, so if you don't like it or it's not filling, you can head to the MDR or any of the other complimentary food venues afterward. I didn't think I would like it either but I'm pretty sure we would go back if we sailed the Allure again.

Haha! Thanks, Barb! Izumi is worth a try. I like the idea of going early in the evening, so if you don't like it or it's not filling, you can head to the MDR or any of the other complimentary food venues afterward. I didn't think I would like it either but I'm pretty sure we would go back if we sailed the Allure again.

GREAT ADVICE and thank you so much - we will definitely go early, especially if he doesn't care for it or if it isn't quite enough to eat (we can consider it our appetizer :eek:) then we can always go the MDR afterwards :D

Barb

Great review. Can't wait for my 2014 Allure cruise (already obsessing). Like your idea of going early to Izumi on a port day. Awesome view you had. My brother and I love sushi, but we never found time to go there during our Oasis cruise. Will definitely try to check it out. Did you try any of the sushi?

You're right! He's named Henry and I get amused when I see him in photos around here. My husband was wondering why I got so excited when I saw the vacuum until I explained his popularity on CC, lol :rolleyes::)

Thought you might like this picture of Henry with his friends!

image.jpg.6dc562b5d87cdea1c87c3606ff47c61f.jpg

Chrystal ( Hope you don't mind me calling you that) ...... Love the review. So much to take on board . I will be on The Allure in December.

I have a questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Did you have to book to go to the show's? I have read that you must book and other people saying no need to book.

I hope all is well Chrystal :D

Oh man I was torn between the Carnival Breeze and the Oasis in early 2014 now after this review I'm adding the Allure to my indecision list. Great review and great pictures!!

Oasis/Allure are pretty identical, you can't lose -- it all comes down to your Entertainment preference and if you prefer Saturday vs Sunday sailing :D

Girl this review is fantastic. I love how it just goes on and on and seems like it will never end. You are giving me alot of Ideas especially Izumi. I thought it was just a sushi bar but me and my crew of 4 might try that one evening. I vacationed in Mo-Bay in jamaca bout 2 years ago and remembered going to Scotchies and Pork pit and im determined to take everyone with me to either one even if it is a 40 min ride. Rice and peas, Jerk pork, plaintains and a ginger beer mmmmmmm. I hope we have time after our early tubing excursion. And the Beef pattie is definitely going to happen. I see you picked up that Walkerswood jerk seasoning and im hoping to bring back as many jars as I can, they are bout 4 bucks a jar at the Jamiacan food store back home. Thanks for also showing the compass daily, much appreciated. Atleast we have an idea of what will happen even though ours might change slightly come December. We have the same itenerary on the New years sailing. WOOHOOO Cant wait!!!

Oh one other thing, I read that the people who have a cabanna in Labadee have a different lunch buffet than the regular lunch on the beach. Thats why there is steak and seafood skewers. Is this right?

Great review. Can't wait for my 2014 Allure cruise (already obsessing). Like your idea of going early to Izumi on a port day. Awesome view you had. My brother and I love sushi, but we never found time to go there during our Oasis cruise. Will definitely try to check it out. Did you try any of the sushi?

Didn't get a chance to try the sushi since I can't have it right now, and DH doesn't like it. Can someone else chime in about the sushi at Izumi?

Thought you might like this picture of Henry with his friends!

Now that is ADORABLE! Thanks for sharing :)

Chrystal ( Hope you don't mind me calling you that) ...... Love the review. So much to take on board . I will be on The Allure in December.

I have a questions if you don't mind answering.

1. Did you have to book to go to the show's? I have read that you must book and other people saying no need to book.

I hope all is well Chrystal :D

Hi there! Feel free to call me Chrystal. :) The Allure is a ship where pre-planning and research really pays off. People who book the shows get access to the seating about 30 minutes before the show begins. If you're not booked at all, you have to wait in the standby line, until 10 minutes before the show. From what I saw...you want to go online and book the shows, and if you can't do that, go to Studio B the first day of the cruise to request the dates and time that work for you. Better to book and change your mind than to not be able to see a show because it's packed. That especially goes for the Comedy Show, since the venue is so small. Happy cruising!

Oh man I was torn between the Carnival Breeze and the Oasis in early 2014 now after this review I'm adding the Allure to my indecision list. Great review and great pictures!!

Hi Jaimie! Go with the Oasis or Allure, there's nothing else like them at sea! :D

After lunch, Wes took a nap. I was determined to get some sun, but since I couldn't tolerate the heat, I decided to take a floating mat and float in the water for a while. Entering the water, it's a little rocky and there are some broken shells. Not bad enough to need water shoes, though.

Allure2012776.jpg

Allure2012778.jpg?t=1350780851

I ended up floating out there for about 3 hours, and it was heavenly. It was pretty quiet most of the time, and Wes came out with me for a little bit. I was perfectly content to float around and gaze and the beautiful mountains in front of us, thinking about absolutely nothing. So relaxing.

Allure2012769.jpg

Allure2012771.jpg

We were also on the 7th October Allure cruise with you. I have really enjoyed reading your review. It has brought back so many memories. Our paths must have crossed so many times as you were often doing the same things as we were at roughly the same time. I have been scanning your photos to see if we appear in any of them!! We also emailed Fernando and he allocated us a lovely Over The Water cabana at Barefoot Beach. It was one of the two over the water ones near your cabana. It was amazing. I finally saw myself and my partner lying on floating mats in one of your photos. We are in the top photo on the left, lying next to each other on the blue and yellow mats. What an amazing week on board. I have been contemplating booking another cruise and have been looking through the RCI website. So tempted but very skint at the moment!!

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Girl this review is fantastic. I love how it just goes on and on and seems like it will never end. You are giving me alot of Ideas especially Izumi. I thought it was just a sushi bar but me and my crew of 4 might try that one evening. I vacationed in Mo-Bay in jamaca bout 2 years ago and remembered going to Scotchies and Pork pit and im determined to take everyone with me to either one even if it is a 40 min ride. Rice and peas, Jerk pork, plaintains and a ginger beer mmmmmmm. I hope we have time after our early tubing excursion. And the Beef pattie is definitely going to happen. I see you picked up that Walkerswood jerk seasoning and im hoping to bring back as many jars as I can, they are bout 4 bucks a jar at the Jamiacan food store back home. Thanks for also showing the compass daily, much appreciated. Atleast we have an idea of what will happen even though ours might change slightly come December. We have the same itenerary on the New years sailing. WOOHOOO Cant wait!!!

Oh one other thing, I read that the people who have a cabanna in Labadee have a different lunch buffet than the regular lunch on the beach. Thats why there is steak and seafood skewers. Is this right?

Thank you! Yeah Scotchie's sounded so good, if I wasn't preggo we may have ventured out. We vacationed in Ocho Rios a couple years ago and looooved eating jerk chicken every day. What a great way to celebrate New Years! :D

Yes you're right, the steak and seafood skewers are for Barefoot Beach guests, or guests who have a cabana on Barefoot or Nellie's Beach.

This is a great review! Brings back so many memories of our time on the Oasis. You sat in my very favorite table in Izumi's. Didn't you feel like you were suspended over the side of the ship? Great, great view! I absolutely loved the hot rock filet as well as the different sauces. I spread the sauce on the hot rock and made filet teriyaki. Soooo good. I also had the lobster roll which was to die for. The lemongrass infused saki was unbelievable and I might have had one too many. You are an exceptionally cute momma to be! Thanks for the review!

[quote=Host Faith;35832358

Hi Chris! Thank you :). I always fear my camera breaking or losing it...I'm thinking of buying a backup or two. Then again we have a while before we're cruising again! I'm glad you had a great time on the Allure!

You better make sure you get a back-up camera before the baby is born! You're going to want one handy at all times!! I do, even if it's just to take pictures of the two fur-kids!

Going through these pictures is definitely making me relive my Allure adventure.

My favourite spot on deck 5 was the Irish pub, don't remember what it was called right now. We had our bartenders who knew how to make the drinks strong and we just people watched nearly every day after dinner. It was great entertainment.

The Rising Tide Bar was nice too, but the chairs were so uncomfortable.

This is a great review! Brings back so many memories of our time on the Oasis. You sat in my very favorite table in Izumi's. Didn't you feel like you were suspended over the side of the ship? Great, great view! I absolutely loved the hot rock filet as well as the different sauces. I spread the sauce on the hot rock and made filet teriyaki. Soooo good. I also had the lobster roll which was to die for. The lemongrass infused saki was unbelievable and I might have had one too many. You are an exceptionally cute momma to be! Thanks for the review!

Ooooh that saki sounds so good! I would love to try the saki, maybe next time :)

You better make sure you get a back-up camera before the baby is born! You're going to want one handy at all times!! I do, even if it's just to take pictures of the two fur-kids!

The camera is on my Christmas list! :-D

Our cabana attendant, Rolex, was very helpful throughout the day. He checked on me about every 90 minutes or so. Once or twice we would return to the cabana and see him sweeping the sand out of the cabana. The cabana came with 3 large bottles of Evian water in ice, 6 towels, and 2 floating beach mats. There was a ceiling fan to keep you cool. And yes- there's an electrical outlet in the cabana, so if you want to bring your e-reader and charger, feel free!

Do you know if the cabanas on Nellie's get the same stuff? My friend is going to rent one. How many people can go in one of the cabanas? Does he call and have our names added to his cabana res so we can visit him during the day? Never rented a cabana so trying to figure out how it works. He will reserve it through the excursion, but wants to know where they need to go to check in and how he can make sure we have access to come and visit him. Thanks

Our cabana attendant, Rolex, was very helpful throughout the day. He checked on me about every 90 minutes or so. Once or twice we would return to the cabana and see him sweeping the sand out of the cabana. The cabana came with 3 large bottles of Evian water in ice, 6 towels, and 2 floating beach mats. There was a ceiling fan to keep you cool. And yes- there's an electrical outlet in the cabana, so if you want to bring your e-reader and charger, feel free!

Do the cabanas on Nellie's get the same perks? My friend is going to rent on through excurions. Does he check in at the same place you did? What does he have to do to make sure we can visit him during the day? We are going to enjoy the beach but he wants us to stop by and join them in their cabana at some point during the day. Does he call Royal and have our day added to his excursion reservation? how many people can he add to their reservation? Is 6 the max that can be in the cabanas at Nellie's? Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thanks

We were on your cruise and you all sit in front of us at the Meet and Mingle. We cut out when y'all were taking a picture since we didn't win anything :(. The Strawberry Pavlova was my absolute favorite! They ended up making it for me for the rest of trip. So glad they did that for me!

Hey Chrystal,

First off, a very big congrats again on your upcoming baby! :D

Second off, sorry for being so late catching up on your excellent review :o Check back with me when your baby is approaching a year old and you will understand ;)

Really enjoying the review, pic's and details :)

First, I want to offer my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. I hope she went peacefully and was able to have family with her. I'm sorry she didn't get to meet her new great grandson but I'm sure she will be helping to ensure he gets here safely! It's hard not to have them here with us but it's comforting to know she will be watching you all from above.

I'm glad your pregnancy is coming along well and you look great! Yeah for you getting this last trip in before the baby gets here. It will be quite awhile before you will have the energy to do anything anyway! You won't even be awake and alert long enough to pack a bag! Lol

The review is awesome of course and I swear I feel like I went somewhere after reading it. I commented on your last thread because I moved to the Ft.Laud/Miami area from NJ. Are you all thinking about that move?!