Indescribable! (But I'll try): My Allure Photo Review

First off, congratulations on having your first child.

Secondly, cannot wait to read your review. Enjoyed reading about your experience on the Liberty of the Seas earlier. The Allure is a great ship.

Thanks mj! You're so lucky to be sailing the Oasis so soon. Have a great cruise!

I was so tired from traveling that I was content to stay right there on the couches until our room was ready. I think we waited about 45 minutes before our room was ready.

Here are some shots of the lower level of the hotel, facing Ocean Drive. The skylights were actually the glass bottom to the pool. We could see people swimming above us from time to time.

Allure2012020.jpg

Allure2012021.jpg

Allure2012022.jpg

Wes checked at the desk one more time and they confirmed that it was fine for us to go up! We were excited to explore the room.

Wasn't the ship amazing?! So impressive. Did you have a favorite area of the ship, or a favorite feature? It's hard for me to pick just one, lol.

Yes it was! It's so hard to adjust to real life again! I am still having major Allure withdrawal!! Picking a favorite area is tough! I loved the Boardwalk and Central Park, but the Royal Promenade was amazing, too! There were many times it was hard to believe it was a ship! And I know what you mean about forgetting just how big she really is!

P.S. Congratulations on your baby!

Edited by kfleck76

Our room was FABULOUS. Better than the photos I saw on the website. Beautiful decor, a comfy king-sized bed. I'll let the photos tell the story for a bit:

Allure2012025.jpg

Allure2012026.jpg

Allure2012029.jpg

Allure2012039.jpg

Wes got comfortable right away while I kept snapping photos. There were two televisions in the room, one that Wes was facing in the photo below, and another that faced the bed (in the foreground of the photo):

Allure2012037.jpg

There were two sinks in the bathroom, each one separated by the toilet area. One was closer to the suite's entrance (in case you wanted to entertain), and the other sink was next to the shower, across from the bed. Each section was separated by frosted glass sliding doors. We didn't even use the sink closest to the entrance.

Allure2012031.jpg

Allure2012033.jpg

And the SHOWER! Oh, the shower! There were several jets in the walls, as well as one overhead, so you could have water coming from 6 different directions at any one time. Loved that shower!

Allure2012053.jpg

We took a look at the balcony. Plenty of room with a table and several chairs, and the jacuzzi. The hotel attendants come to your room to prepare the jacuzzi when you're ready to use it, which assures you're getting into a nice clean jacuzzi each time. Curtains were available for you to draw for privacy around the jacuzzi. Our view wasn't all that great, but who cares? We had a spa suite with a jacuzzi in the heart of South Beach! We would have a much better view from our balcony room on the Allure so it wasn't a big deal to us.

Allure2012040.jpg

Allure2012042.jpg

Allure2012043.jpg

So we ended up taking a nap for a while before dinner. We awoke to some terrible news. My sister-in-law called us to let us know we had a death in the family. Our grandmother passed away. We immediately decided to change all our plans. You can read what happened here: Huge 'Thank You' to Royal.

We stayed in the room for a while so we could come up with a plan. We decided to wait until morning (Saturday) to start making the arrangements to head home on Sunday instead of boarding the ship. I couldn't imagine us not being with our family at that time.

While we were still in Miami, we decided to try and make the best of our time there despite our heavy hearts. We got dressed around 9 PM and decided to walk down Ocean Drive and go to dinner.

I have lots more to write about Miami, BUT, it's time for me to rest a bit. I'm off work tomorrow so I'll be able to write more. Up next is dinner and our Saturday in Miami, then our time in Fort Lauderdale precruise, two weeks later. Thank you for following along so far! :)

I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on your pregnancy or send my condolences for the loss of your grandmother, but my heart is with you on both. I hope you're doing well with your pregnancy and healing from your loss. <3

Looking forward to reading more about your Allure cruise - hoping to relive one of the best vacations I've ever had!

Welcome back Chrystal:

First, I would like to offer my condolences on the passing of your loved one.

Wow, you have only been home for one day and you are already posting your pictorial review. Thats organization!!!!! I wasn't expecting anything until, at least, Wednesday or Thursday. You are amazing.

I am really looking forward to the rest of your story and your insight about the Allure. I love love love your reviews. Its like taking another vacation. And seeing how much I enjoyed our time on the Allure, I am ready for this one.

Efe'

Edited by Mande30

Allure2012040.jpg

Ah-ha!! Here is my first cruise fashion fix photo :D:D

You have no idea how eagerly many of us have been waiting for this review. We are leaving next week!!!

Thank you again so much for writing this. When you are done, I'll be starting my own :p

I am happy to see another of your wonderful reviews posted. You have a gift for relating your experiences, along with terrific pictures. Congratulations on your pregnancy. (You look terrific.) As well my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. We also would not hesitate to change plans, so it is good to hear that Royal worked so well with you. I am looking forward to more of your review.

We too were on this cruise. It was my husbands' and my birthdays so we celebrated in style. Enjoyed the whole cruise. Love the ship.

We were at the terminal 10/7 by 1015 and eating our beef sandwich at the Park Cafe by 1130. Had our luggage when we got to our room and everything else for rest of week was smooth sailing. :)

I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on your pregnancy or send my condolences for the loss of your grandmother, but my heart is with you on both. I hope you're doing well with your pregnancy and healing from your loss. <3

Looking forward to reading more about your Allure cruise - hoping to relive one of the best vacations I've ever had!

Hi Michele! Thank you for your kind words. Baby and I are doing well, the vacation was just what we needed for some rest and relaxation.

Chrystal,

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Very sorry on the loss of your grandmother.

I'm enjoying your review and pictures.......we're doing a B2B on the Allure on 12/2 !

:)

Dee

Thank you, Dee! Lucky you! Wes and I were sad to leave the ship on Sunday and wishing we did a B2B. Have a wonderful cruise!:)

Welcome back Chrystal:

First, I would like to offer my condolences on the passing of your loved one.

Wow, you have only been home for one day and you are already posting your pictorial review. Thats organization!!!!! I wasn't expecting anything until, at least, Wednesday or Thursday. You are amazing.

I am really looking forward to the rest of your story and your insight about the Allure. I love love love your reviews. Its like taking another vacation. And seeing how much I enjoyed our time on the Allure, I am ready for this one.

Efe'

Hi Efe'! Thank you for your thoughts. Yeah I settled in at home and got tired of unpacking, etc. So I decided to load all my photos into Photobucket and get started. It's so much fun to write! :)

Ah-ha!! Here is my first cruise fashion fix photo :D:D

You have no idea how eagerly many of us have been waiting for this review. We are leaving next week!!!

Thank you again so much for writing this. When you are done, I'll be starting my own :p

Haha! Thank you so much! You're going to have a great time on the Allure. I'll keep an eye out for your review, it helps ease the post-cruise depression, lol!

Again - so sorry for your loss AND congratulations on your pregnancy. YOU LOOK ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!!

Love your reviews and can't wait to read and see more pictures!

Thank you so much! I'm feeling great too, loving this time as a Mom-to-be. I'm going to be writing throughout the afternoon.

I am happy to see another of your wonderful reviews posted. You have a gift for relating your experiences, along with terrific pictures. Congratulations on your pregnancy. (You look terrific.) As well my condolences on the loss of your grandmother. We also would not hesitate to change plans, so it is good to hear that Royal worked so well with you. I am looking forward to more of your review.

Thank you happyjam! Royal was wonderful to us, they really have customers for life in us now. Can't wait to introduce our little guy to the cruise line in the future :)

What a sweet family you have! I'm so sorry about the loss of your grandmother. They are the best.

Thank you so much! Our grandmother was an amazing lady, we miss her very much.

So sorry on the loss of grandmother and congrats on baby. Love reading reviews and looking at the wonderful pictures that you and others do on the Allure. We will be sailing on her in April. Can't wait for more!

Thank you! I hope your enjoy the review and photos. :)

Great my long awaited fix to hold me through the winter is here. I hope all is well with the family back home, !I'm sure you will probably discuss that. Glad you got to reschedule your trip. I'll enjoy the review and make notes on how to do mine better next May.

Edited by BillOh