What to expect???

crosj

I just recently became a platinum and was wondering what extras I should expect.

I don't sail until April 2013-but I am excited.

Thanks

Two big extras come your way:

Preferred boarding, which means bypassing most of the big lines, especially if boarding at Pt. Everglades. Find a Princess rep and ask where the preferred boarding line starts. You will probably be surprised.

Internet package, giving you complimentary internet for minutes you might have purchased in the past. Package and number of minutes depend on the cruise length.

Other items have a little less impact.

Preferred boarding will be nice. 240 minutes of internet will be nice but......don't usually have a need for internet. Thanks for the link also. Special lounge on last day is also nice.

Don't think I will ever get to elite but I can keep trying!!!

Special lounge on last day is also nice.

It is a nice place to wait to disembark unless (and it is a big unless) there are so many elite, platinum and suite passengers aboard, it becomes overcrowded.

Instead of reporting to the location indicated by the color of your luggage tag, you take your carryon luggage with you to the designated lounge which will usually have light refreshments. An announcement will be made in the lounge when your color tag may disembark.

Another perk is the evening suite/elite/platinum lounge (in Skywalkers on the ships that have that venue, other locations on other ships). There is a spread of snacking food and a daily special food. A drink of the day may be purchased at a reduced cost. What is special is not the food, but being in a pleasant place to relax a while before dinner, conversing with fellow cruisers.

As platinum, you can buy the basic Princess insurance and be covered at the higher level, for the lower price. At least for us, this is better coverage for the trip and medical--at a lower price--than what's offered by our TA.

Don't forget that your name at the cabin door now shows a silver line too!! ;)

Preferred boarding will be nice. 240 minutes of internet will be nice but......don't usually have a need for internet. Thanks for the link also. Special lounge on last day is also nice.

Don't think I will ever get to elite but I can keep trying!!!

Although the separate lounge is nice on the last day with coffee, tea, juice & danish :D the only thing I don't like is that in all the other waiting locations they have CNN on their TV screen so people can at least catch up on news. The Elite/Platinum lounge only has Princess commercials trying to get you to book another cruise.

Although the separate lounge is nice on the last day with coffee, tea, juice & danish :D the only thing I don't like is that in all the other waiting locations they have CNN on their TV screen so people can at least catch up on news. The Elite/Platinum lounge only has Princess commercials trying to get you to book another cruise.

This must vary by ship. I've never seen CNN. Once we had random trivia on the screen over and over, once we had reruns of The Love Boat, and the other times we were in places without TVs/screens. Actually, I'm glad I've never encountered CNN. It's hard enough returning to reality without having to watch the news before I even get off the ship. :eek:

Archived