Packing extras

Missa

travel alarm is not necessary. Use your cell phone. Put in airplane mode. Or buy a watch with alarm features, solves both problems. I love my Timex expedition watch, it also works as a night light.

No hangers, there are plenty available, just ask steward. Yes, to the shoe bag, it came in handy for my sisters 4, also keeps the counters clutter free. Medium bottle of sunscreen, and aloe vera for sunburn.

I carry one tiny baggie of 4 bandaids, tiny neosporin, a tiny vial of aleve and a tiny super glue. Solves most problems. The pursers desk will have access to Duct tape if you really need it. I agree on the clothespins, no more than 4. Never needed much else I couldn't find handily.

One important item, I pack 6, 2 gallon size ziplock bags, 4, 1 gallon and 4 quart size. These take no room if laid flat in bottom and are indispensible. For the shoes and sox, and wet bathing suits etc. Also good to cram all your dirty undies in so they don't "perfume" the rest of the suitcase.. lol

Hear there is no separating curtain to separate parents bed from kids pullman/couch set/up.

This will take some more creativity to solve. my kids will not easily go to bed if they see us sitting on our bed watching the TV.

We are in an OV on Main deck

travel alarm is not necessary. Use your cell phone. Put in airplane mode. Or buy a watch with alarm features, solves both problems. I love my Timex expedition watch, it also works as a night light.

No hangers, there are plenty available, just ask steward. Yes, to the shoe bag, it came in handy for my sisters 4, also keeps the counters clutter free. Medium bottle of sunscreen, and aloe vera for sunburn.

I carry one tiny baggie of 4 bandaids, tiny neosporin, a tiny vial of aleve and a tiny super glue. Solves most problems. The pursers desk will have access to Duct tape if you really need it. I agree on the clothespins, no more than 4. Never needed much else I couldn't find handily.

One important item, I pack 6, 2 gallon size ziplock bags, 4, 1 gallon and 4 quart size. These take no room if laid flat in bottom and are indispensible. For the shoes and sox, and wet bathing suits etc. Also good to cram all your dirty undies in so they don't "perfume" the rest of the suitcase.. lol

Will airplane mode prevent incoming texts and calls? i don't want to be charged roaming/international for calls/txts to us if my phone is on. We usauly keep ours turned off the entire trip to prevent this.

I take most of what the OP takes and most of what has been mentioned by others. Here's a few more extras that I always take:

LOTS of Germ-X singles wipes, for everything from wiping down stuff in the cabin (like the remote control, phone, etc.), to wiping hands after handling the menu in the MDR (I saw a study that showed menus are the most germ-ridden surfaces in restaurants.:eek:). They take up practically no space in luggage - I just pack them into all the little spaces left after all my other packing. Then I have a basket full of them on the cabin counter that I grabbed from all cruise long:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwMuC2kahH90fLQDOnnI9iokF8r9sMVrWxtCQg7UVbncEdtYA46g

I got these plastic, oval, mini baskets in packs of 3 from the dollar store. One is for the wipes, one is for DH's bedstand, one for mine, one for each DD on their bunks, and a couple in the bathroom. They nest and pack really easily and have really helped keep us organized on all our trips, not just cruises:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz5ri1cMCdUltzk6ut8C-HzRnhdI86tLUky4dlpduapfZQXeyKhQ

(Edited to add: I just noticed the picture gives no idea of the size. These baskets are 10" x 6" x 2 1/2")

And a couple Lysol mini sprays for the cabin, one for most surfaces upon checking in, and one for using occasionally throughout the cruise:

disinfectant-spray-travel-size-lg.png

By now you've probably guessed a few things about me. I'm a bit of a germaphobe. And an overpacker. And I like pictures.:o:p

Yes, airplane mode prevents incoming texts etc. I used airplane mode on my phone on our recent cruise and it was super convenient.

We loved the overdoor shoe holder!!! I kept everything in it, like bathroom items, kids shoes, snacks for the kids, and other small stuff. Kept the clutter off the vanity and floor plus had a lot more room on the small bathroom shelves. We'll definitely take it on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing I just purchased for the cabin is a pack of three 3M Command sticky hooks that say they hold 5 lbs. I was always wanting more hooks on just about every cruise. They won't take up hardly any room and I think they'll work well.

One thing I just purchased for the cabin is a pack of three 3M Command sticky hooks that say they hold 5 lbs. I was always wanting more hooks on just about every cruise. They won't take up hardly any room and I think they'll work well.

WOW ....I think that is the BEST tip I have EVER read.

Do they come off the wall without causing damage too? That would be my only concern but yes if they do great tip!

We hang an over-the-door shoe holder on the hook by the top bunk. Serves as a nightstand and keeps them in bed.;)

Might be able to reduce the number of hangars if the clothes are triple hung-pants, shirts, jackets.

Remember to store luggage under the bed.

For the cellphone-turn off cellular data and put it into airplane mode.

Airplane mode also turns off cellular data but better safe than sorry.

If applied and removed properly those Command Hooks do not damage walls. We have used tham all over the world with great success.

I'm another that can attest to the damage-free release of the Command hooks. The Germ-X wipes are good for prepping the wall to attach the hooks, also. Since Germ-X wipes are alcohol-based, they remove grime and residue from the wall to allow the hooks to stick better.;)

We quit the travel alarm a while back to easy to use the phone wake up thing. Just set it and it calls you. Never has failed. All of that other stuff , It a trial and error thing on works for you. I just bought that Belkin Plug that everyone was bragging about for our extra plugs and it has USB ports and is small .

You might want to take wire hangers instead - they take up way less room than the plastic ones and i leave them behind - our room steward thanked us for them in May...

Same here, I bring the wire hangers and then leave them behind.

I also bring a collapsable cooler. Have a great cruise.

I don't bring any of that stuff. Most important thing for me is bringing my own large plastic cups with seal-able top. Great if your sneaking booze on, and great if your wanting to take more of a tablespoon of ice tea or lemonade to the pool with you. The cups they provide are TINY!

my sister thinks it is hysterical that I have a backpack with all sorts of sundry items, for the "just in case" times, last time I checked my list it was up to 67 items (I KNOW it's ridiculous) but I always like being the person who HAS that item that everyone is asking for (wonder where I get that from?) Anyway, someone told me a while back that they use dry erase markers to leave notes on the mirrors. Since I am a Post-it note freak, this idea was right up my alley. It comes right off the mirror too!

We head out on the Pride on November 18th

Nina from Baltimore

Yes, airplane mode prevents incoming texts etc. I used airplane mode on my phone on our recent cruise and it was super convenient.

We loved the overdoor shoe holder!!! I kept everything in it, like bathroom items, kids shoes, snacks for the kids, and other small stuff. Kept the clutter off the vanity and floor plus had a lot more room on the small bathroom shelves. We'll definitely take it on our next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for this tip!

Archived