We've Had The Best Now Let's Have The Worst . . . .

ticktoneer

I cannot stand people like that!! The very first cruise hubby and I went on was like this..we were sat at a table with three other couples and one couple asked what we all did..I said I took care of my kids and my husband said maintenance..she proceeded to talk about her Miami vacation home, their 200th cruise, this, that..and ignored us like we were trash...we didn't go back to the dining room after the first night..little did she know we are both college educated, myself with 3 degrees, make a decent living, etc just we don't need to talk about everything or ignore people who don't have a vacation home (which we dont), go to Rome for the weekend of shopping, etc..get over yourself!

You should have brought up all those kids' stories about poopies in diapers and kids throwing up all over the place. That would have fixed that stick up her butt uppity uppity yahoo......;):D

It's shameful to admit we've never really had a bad experience in 3 cruises. But in spite of the fact that I love balconies, my husband isn't supportive. He's super sensitive to cigarette smoke, and if he senses it on the balcony, he runs inside. And the balcony is then totally off limits to him!!

I'm not as sensitive - and it wafts away - so I'm loving the balcony.

But I cannot convince him it's worth the money when he "cannot" go out there. I guess we need a cruiseline with a no-smoking on balcony policy.

Easy solution.......always book the forward most balconey so there is always a breeze blowing any smoke away from and down wind of you......and don't ever let him go out there while in port......

I too have never had a really bad experience......but there was one cruise where some drunk passengers back on board from Cozumel were very agressive with my sister for giving them disparaging looks, to the point they were chest bumping her (she's 5'2" he was probably 6'1").......

A quick request to have the bartender call security........they were there within about 10 seconds and were ready to hold them in the brig.....but I just asked that they cut a wide path around us, and they did........

That's hysterical! Next time DH and I have a bad port experience, I'll just have to remember: Well, at least we aren't being chased by someone with a dead chicken! :p :D

Please tell us you knocked on wood when you typed this!;)

As lame as it sounds, the worst cruise experience I can recall was when the Caribbean Princess ran out of Strawberries to put on the triple berry daquiris. Yep, that last day they were actually only the double berry daquries sporting just a raspberry and a blackberry as the fru fru.

As lame as it sounds, the worst cruise experience I can recall was when the Caribbean Princess ran out of Strawberries to put on the triple berry daquiris. Yep, that last day they were actually only the double berry daquries sporting just a raspberry and a blackberry as the fru fru.

LOL -- reminds me of our Panama Canal cruise on Radiance of the Seas. The ship ran out of bananas, right after we left Costa Rica -- where we had seen miles and miles of banana plantations! :p

LOL -- reminds me of our Panama Canal cruise on Radiance of the Seas. The ship ran out of bananas, right after we left Costa Rica -- where we had seen miles and miles of banana plantations! :p

...we were on a Med. cruise and they had no European wines on board.....they said they didn't make it on the ship......:D

On my first cruise, on the Carnival Spirit to Alaska, the desalinization machine wasn't working properly and we had no fresh water one morning. Just think about how many things are made with water. Coffee, reconstituted juices, baked goods, etc. There was some food in the buffet for breakfast, but nothing to drink but milk, and I don't drink it. Imagine a couple of thousand people without coffee first thing in the morning! We were told that we could drink the bottled water in our mini-bars free of charge. Thankfully the whole ordeal only lasted a couple of hours, but there sure were a lot of cranky people that morning!

During all the cruises you've been on what is the 1 worst thing you've experienced and why ?

(Don't cheat - just 1 thing)

A fun and interesting thread !!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Waiter on Disney tripped in the theater behind my seat and dumped a tray full of Bahama Mama's all over me. I screamed from the shock. DD, 4 at the time screamed because she was slightly splattered and thought her dress would be ruined:rolleyes:. DH, DS and our friends we were sailing with were trying their best not to laugh at the sight and failed miserably. The poor waiter was horrified and kept apologizing. Everyone else in the theater stopped and stared at the spectacle we made....luckily it was before the show started.

Waiter on Disney tripped in the theater behind my seat and dumped a tray full of Bahama Mama's all over me. I screamed from the shock. DD, 4 at the time screamed because she was slightly splattered and thought her dress would be ruined:rolleyes:. DH, DS and our friends we were sailing with were trying their best not to laugh at the sight and failed miserably. The poor waiter was horrified and kept apologizing. Everyone else in the theater stopped and stared at the spectacle we made....luckily it was before the show started.

I pictured that as I read it and laughed out loud - ha ha ha !!!

All but one have been great. This guy didn't care about anything. Had to spend 2 hours trying to track him down after boarding and never saw him for two weeks on board. We don't ask a lot of the staff but sometimes have the odd special request like dining in the cabin. Not a hope with this guy. Our cabin steward did it all for us and should have been promoted to butler. I dislike the comment cards that they use on board and always write personal letters to the Hotel Manager about the staff. This was the first and only time I have ever written a bad one. The other two, my cabin steward and one of the best bartenders I have ever met got glowing reviews.

Sovereign of the Seas November 2001 on one of those 3 day cruises. ( we later learned 3 day weekend cruises are party hardly cruises) there was a MEAN drunk guy unhappy about everything 3 tables away from us in the dinning room. He kept yelling at the waiters and his SO/wife? They were not there the next 2 nights. I have a feeling they were put off in port.

Now, there's a great idea! I could still be trapped on board the Sea Princess- and she's now in Australia.....:D:D:D

LOL! but you are from Britain and Australia is a common wealth-so would that work LOL! for you? It might work for me!

OT but I could never understand why we had to go through customs in Puerto Rico-silly rule there for American citizens I felt-so then again-maybe you could just stay on ship in Australia if Australia as the same rules as Puerto Rico!

I so understand... this one lady asked us 50 times how we were able to afford to cruise and if I worked! I was floored! I didn't feel the need to tell her that our group were all master level professionals! for what? I thanked her for paying her taxes so we can save up our welfare checks do we could go!

the cruise is never a bad cruise because of staff or the ship, it's the fellow cruisers that keep me surprised!!

happy travels!!

Which reminds me of my second worse experience-our 10th cruise all with assigned seating and we had always loved our fellow tablemates. This cruise we get a group of 4 southern ******* as tablemates-(if you are from the south you know what religion) who told us "We don't drink,we are Christians"-I wanted to ask them if they knew Jesus's first miracle was turning water into wine and that the apostle Paul had advised Timothy to drink "a little wine" for his stomach problems. Of course though, hubby always the diplomat gives me an admonishing look-so I say nothing-LOL! Beside I do not drink my self because of my diabetes and meds I take which do not mix well with alcohol, and hubby is only a moderate drinker himself. It was no big deal for him and our group to abstain during dinner.

Fast forward to about 3 or 4 nights later when we attended the ice show and we see our tablemates a couple of rows behind us-we smile and wave-of course being friendly,not thinking much about it. My hubby, daughter and our friend all order the (alcoholic) drink of the day and I. myself order a diet coke.

The next night the first word out of our dinnermates when we get seated is, "we saw you drinking last night." LOL! We were flabblergasted! Needless to say we never do assigned seating anymore.

Which reminds me of my second worse experience-our 10th cruise all with assigned seating and we had always loved our fellow tablemates. This cruise we get a group of 4 southern ******* as tablemates-(if you are from the south you know what religion) who told us "We don't drink,we are Christians"-I wanted to ask them if they knew Jesus's first miracle was turning water into wine and that the apostle Paul had advised Timothy to drink "a little wine" for his stomach problems. Of course though, hubby always the diplomat gives me an admonishing look-so I say nothing-LOL! Beside I do not drink my self because of my diabetes and meds I take which do not mix well with alcohol, and hubby is only a moderate drinker himself. It was no big deal for him and our group to abstain during dinner.

Fast forward to about 3 or 4 nights later when we attended the ice show and we see our tablemates a couple of rows behind us-we smile and wave-of course being friendly,not thinking much about it. My hubby, daughter and our friend all order the (alcoholic) drink of the day and I. myself order a diet coke.

The next night the first word out of our dinnermates when we get seated is, "we saw you drinking last night." LOL! We were flabblergasted! Needless to say we never do assigned seating anymore.

Personally I would have ordered wine every night.

With any luck they may have asked for a different table assignment!

Personally I would have ordered wine every night.

With any luck they may have asked for a different table assignment!

Hubby and daughter probably would now-this was back in 2005 before they got so into wine. Now both want wine at dinner every night on a cruise (and often at home) but rarely drink otherwise on ship.

The funny thing there was a thread on the Carnival board that sounded like someone else ran into the same folks. Now we were on RCI Mariner of the Seas but these folks were big Carnival lovers who were trying out RCI to see if they liked the Royal Promenade, Ice skating show etc. that this ship had that Carnival ships do not have.

I do think these folks decided to return to Carnival l-because I can see only them having the gaul to do such a thing as to tell their tablemates not to drink alcohol. I asked the OP of that thread if they were from Alabama (as these folks were) but they never answered me.

I guess these poor folks have never heard of getting unassigned seating since this other thread was after a cruise late last year/early this year.

I also can't get over they pick Carnival to cruise since that is the "party hardy" cruiseline. but perhaps they pick that line to "save" more folks from alcohol and for that reason purposely pick assigned seating and ask for large tables. LOL!

I finally went down the slide. It was on my bucket list. I am disabled so my daughter was a the bottom waiting for me so she could help me up. I got up and went to get out of the bottom when the lady that had been behind me came out and slammed me in the chest sending me flying backwards. They took me to medical. I was okay except I really hurt. They gave me stuff to help but I still hurt 2 weeks later. Nothing was broken thank goodness though so I got off lucky.

tigercat

Archived