Junkanoo Beach

travelprincess 123

Has anyone been there in the past year? I was there in late November, and the new owner was just starting. He was a really cool guy, and had some big plans for the place. I plan on going again in late November this year. Just wanted to know if anyone had any updates on how it is progressing.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love to hear some more recent reviews. We are going in July and trying to decide on BCH, Melia or Junkanoo Beach. There are 9 of use 4 adults, 2 teens and 2 11 year olds.

Looking for a safe, clean, fun place to hang out. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated :)

I would love to hear some more recent reviews. We are going in July and trying to decide on BCH, Melia or Junkanoo Beach. There are 9 of use 4 adults, 2 teens and 2 11 year olds.

Looking for a safe, clean, fun place to hang out. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated :)

We were there in November, it was OK at best, fine for an hour or 2 but not a full day beach, water not nearly as nice as normal Bahama beaches. Only reason we went cause we got there later in day. Best part is beach bar that gets u 3 beers and 3 shots for $10. If you have a full day there are much better options

Went there in 2012. Not pretty. You are looking right at the ships and two big concrete jetties give you that "bay" feel. Didn't see the broken glass that other people spoke about, but the whole atmosphere felt like low end public beach.

Deciding between these as well. But our ship is only in Nassau from 7am - 2pm, so not sure the day passes are worth it. (We definitely won't be off the ship at 7am and we need to be back on at 1:30pm). So Junkanoo seems worthwhile.

Let us know what you decide.

If look around, you will see posts from people who booked a room at the Comfort Suites on Paradise Island because they have a large group. that may be something for you to look into

• 3 weeks later...
Just sayin', causes Mrs X kinda freakes out on my when I took her to Junkanoo

We had the same experience last week with the Mrs. being freaked out. Lots of construction between port and beach. We went to the furthest jetty and got a bait and switch on family of 4 for chairs, umbrellas, water sports; offering us $30 for 2 hours which was usually $60 for the day. After we sat down got the "no, that guy was wrong, it's either $60 for whole package or $30 for chairs and umbrella." We settled on $30 and including a tube. The chairs were literally the ones Carnival uses but had thrown in the trash and apparently scavenged. Only 2 people came up to sell stuff in 2 hours. Plenty of rocks but manageable. Some glass spotted. View to right is cruise ships. View to left seems to be garbage transfer station. Beautiful water. When the loud music stops you can hear all the shipping container trucks driving directly next to beach. Overall probably a great place for college kids but if you want anything comparable in quality to your cruise ship experience, this is not it.

Edited by eHoldy