Mini-suites now broken out from full suites!

valleyvillage

I am so glad they are doing this because it was very misleading. While folks here on CC are the type that do a lot of research, I understand that a lot of people don't. I'm sure it will be helpful to NCL in clearing up a lot of confusion and perhaps disappointment. :)

I was just looking at prices for the return to Mexican Riviera cruises and saw that they now show suite prices broken down between mini and full. Nice!

This is only partially true. If you try to book a specific cruise date on the NCL website, the mini-suites are still lumped together with full suites in the suite category. The confusion still exists.

I love ValleyVillage and SDMike, when you talk I listen but tell me again what is a full suite? I know Mini is too small.

The main difference is that a full suite comes with most of the suite perks! A mini does not get any perks. And thanks for the kind words!

(There are some higher categories of suites that get liquor, priority seating, etc.)

I was just looking at prices for the return to Mexican Riviera cruises and saw that they now show suite prices broken down between mini and full. Nice!

Very nice. Now, as soon as they also change the name of a mini-suite to "Deluxe Balcony" it will be perfect. (But I won't hold my breathe.) Also, thanks for the info on the return of the Mexican Riviera cruises. Have not done them yet.

Very nice. Now, as soon as they also change the name of a mini-suite to "Deluxe Balcony" it will be perfect. (But I won't hold my breathe.) Also, thanks for the info on the return of the Mexican Riviera cruises. Have not done them yet.

Well, they USED to be called deluxe balconies, and I guess they changed them for marketing purposes. I totally disagree with that action as it has confused lots of folks!

Rosie - Thanks for the nice words! As VV stated, a "real" suite (there are many different types, levels and locations) get more services and access to more things. A mini-suite can be considered a deluxe balcony. It's larger than a standard balcony but doesn't have suite amenities. I know you said "too small", but they're pretty decent size. If you click on my Alaska review below you will see pictures of my Jewel mini-suite.

Ah memories...our first mini-suite was on the Sun. Totally spoiled us! You got concierge service and a special room service menu! Also, those minis on the Sun are extra special...greatest bathroom ever! The bathroom modules for the mini suites on other ships are the same module they use for the regular suites...the tub is much smaller, no walk-in closet. Love those Sun mini suites!:D

Great to see this. I was (I'm sure one of many) that had mentioned this via the NCL website survey, i.e. it would be a super enhancement. Kudos to NCL for reviewing, considering and then subsequently implementing :D

Yes, great idea to read your post and look at Suite pictures on the Epic, Thanks SD. I have thought about reading your posts for a while. You have taken great pictures. I was glad to see couch made up and also know about Foam Mattress. My daughter and I will be on Star, Jan 27th. The NCL boy forgot to tell me the bed does not make 2 twins when we booked. So we will be taking turns on the couch.

i will always ask you and "W" for advice.

Archived