US vs. European prices on Celebrity?

CarolinaMamma

I am an American citizen, currently living in Europe for a long-term work assignment for my husband. We still own our house in the US, have an American billing address for our credit card, and, thanks to Magic Jack, can call to a us number from a US number for free.

After receiving the last Captain's club offer, I went to the Celebrity website to look at Europe cruises for this summer, and I suppose it detected my IP address, because all the prices were quoted in Euros. I wonder if they are higher than what someone living in the US would pay. I also wonder if I would have to pay the 27% VAT of the country I am living in.

Now I could call Celebrity US customer service from my US phone number and give my US address if it meant getting a significantly lower fare.

Any advice?

well if you want, I'd be glad to punch it in here and see what prices turn up. But if you are looking for the CC offer that gives the $1000 discount for a BOOKED flight, that isn't going to work? Anyways if you want to post which sail and which type of room, I'm glad to post you the prices. I would think you could figure out if the VAT tax was added as you worked thru the screens?

When you are on the Celebrity website, just scroll to the bottom of the page on the left hand side and look for the part that mentions country, and change it to the United States. I do this regularly to compare US and Canadian prices.

CarolinaMamma,

I´d say it depends :D!

First of all: EUR prices do include VAT and port charges (which will be added to the quoted USD price). So what you will see is the full fare nothing added (except for recommended tips if you choose My Select Dining).

Prices vary in Europe and the US. It mainly depends on how the bookings are doing. So as an example: As TA flights have become more and more expensive a Med cruise for US might be cheaper than for Europe and vice versa for let´s say a Panama Canal cruise.

So all you can do is compare, compare, compare!

steamboats

Archived