Behind the Scenes Documentary?

tabbi_cakes

Carnival sells a video. There is one documentary on Discovery? History? channel and there was an Undercover Boss episode.

If you want an in person experience Carnival does a "Behind the Scenes" tour. You climb all over the place from the bridge to the laundry to the garbage to the engineering room. When we did it a few years ago it was $55 on the Paradise. It's held on the last sea day. Wear closed toe shoes.

I read that a crew member's job to sort the garbage. I want to know why. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They recycle EVERYTHING!

I just did the all access tour on Allure of the Seas. In the "garbage room" we were told how it works. Everything is collected and then separated. Then compressed into large blocks, and placed on a pallet. Everything is sold upon return to port. My DH says he asked and was told food is pulverized and released into the ocean at 12 miles out. I didn't hear him ask, or the answer.

We were told that all money made from the recycling goes to crew welfare to pay for events and fun stuff like the many video game systems, pool tables , and other items in the game room.

Garbage must be separated. Garbage can be and is all sorts of stuff. There are plastics, aluminum cans, paper, glass etc., that goes to recycling. Meat scrapes and some other foods can be ground and released from the ship for food for sea creatures. Then there is plain old garbage that must be taken off the ship!

They recycle EVERYTHING!

I just did the all access tour on Allure of the Seas. In the "garbage room" we were told how it works. Everything is collected and then separated. Then compressed into large blocks, and placed on a pallet. Everything is sold upon return to port. My DH says he asked and was told food is pulverized and released into the ocean at 12 miles out. I didn't hear him ask, or the answer.

We were told that all money made from the recycling goes to crew welfare to pay for events and fun stuff like the many video game systems, pool tables , and other items in the game room.

Was the all-access tour worth the $$$? My DH and I are considering this for our cruise on the Allure in Jan.

I know you need closed-toe shoes but do you also need long pants?

Archived