credit card at the dock....

only1deejay

what is the point of showing and scanning your credit card at the dock when you check in if that info never reaches the main desk on the ship???

it happened to me...they called my cabin and said I had to put down cash deposit and I said you scanned my credit card and they were like that info didn't make it to the ship???!!!

also, i've noticed that the info on the cruise personalizer like OBC's and stuff never seems to be on record once on board the ship...does the front desk not have access to princess.com to look this stuff up once out to sea???

Hi There,

Quite simple it should have, but sometimes it does not work, so

you need to go to the pursars desk and get your card re scanned,

if they ask for cash, then its more often or not to do with your credit

card company turning down Princess credit checks etc.

yours Shogun

When we boarded, I had to switch rooms...so while at customer service I asked to check OBC. The person behind the desk said they don't always show up as soon as you board, it takes a little while...but there would be no problem with the room switch.

I always bring copies of anything granted, OBC, shareholder credit, etc., just in case.

I was happy to see they added the kiosks where you can pull your bill, so as not to waste customer service people time.

Bernadette

Electronics screw up sometimes. This happened to me on the Island Princess last month. Not a biggie. I went down and they re-scanned my card.

Absolutely. Last cruise we went to muster drill and when they scanned my cruise card, they said " you're not on board". Had to go back down to security and get re-entered in the system...

Sorry tap a talk dupe.

Electronics screw up sometimes. This happened to me on the Island Princess last month. Not a biggie. I went down and they re-scanned my card.

Absolutely. Last cruise we went to muster drill and when they scanned my cruise card, they said " you're not on board". Had to go back down to security and get re-entered in the system...

When we boarded, I had to switch rooms...so while at customer service I asked to check OBC. The person behind the desk said they don't always show up as soon as you board, it takes a little while...but there would be no problem with the room switch.

I always bring copies of anything granted, OBC, shareholder credit, etc., just in case.

I was happy to see they added the kiosks where you can pull your bill, so as not to waste customer service people time.

Bernadette

Yes, the addition of the kiosk was great. Except when the person in front of you gets their bill, and then continues to stand directly in front of the machine while studying it. :mad:

Yes, the addition of the kiosk was great. Except when the person in front of you gets their bill, and then continues to stand directly in front of the machine while studying it. :mad:

A lesson I learned on the Emerald TA in September--the paper ran out at the kiosk which I didn't realize. I waited for a long time for printing to begin, and then the person who was at the kiosk right before me came back and showed me that he only got half a page on his printout. My account was frozen on the screen so I waited until the screen was clear and started to leave. The next person in line put in her cruise card, and when I looked at the screen my account came up. DH had to go the purser's desk and get someone to refill the paper and reset the kiosk which took forever since the line was very long. Once it was reset I stayed there until the next person put in his cruise card to be certain that my account didn't come up again. I thought my account would have timed out at a certain point, but it obviously didn't.

what is the point of showing and scanning your credit card at the dock when you check in if that info never reaches the main desk on the ship???

I had a similar experience on the Emerald in September. DH and I each had a separate credit card scanned at check-in and on Cruise Personalizer because we were trying to keep our credit card miles about equal. When I checked my account mid-cruise everything was being charged to his card only. They changed it and assured me that since the final bills weren't sent out until the last night everything would be worked out. It wasn't. My bill was only $40, and his was over $1800. I'll check to be sure things are correct on the first day on our next cruise.

I had a similar experience on the Emerald in September. DH and I each had a separate credit card scanned at check-in and on Cruise Personalizer.

For the last two years, we have not had a credit card scanned at check-in. They simply asked if we wanted to use the card that had been entered in the personalizer and we said yes. No card had to be presented or scanned.

I am not sure why they are asking you for the card at check-in.

It's a man made system, you have to expect flaws!! :confused:

Each time something like this happens, make sure you report it promptly,

otherwise nothing gets done, and keep an eye on it, until it's fixed. :eek: :D

Cato :)

Completed Cruises !

Pre-cruise Days - The Big Red Boat, 1993 ??

1st cruise - Coral Princess, 19 November 2008, 10 day Panama Canal, FLL to ACA

2nd cruise - Coral Princess, 15 May 2009, 3 day Repositioning, Los Angeles to Vancouver.

3rd cruise - Sapphire Princess, 25 November 2009? 7 day Mexican Riviera.

4th cruise - Golden Princes, 12 June 2010, 7 day Alaska. (Golden Anniversary Cruise)

5th Cruise - Island Princess, 04 October 2010, Vancouver - Los Angeles, Repositioning

6th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 05 January 2011, 10 day Mexican Riviera. LA to LA.

7th cruise - Golden Princess, 11 May 2011, 3 day, LA to Vancouver, Repositioning

8th cruise - Sapphire Princess, 14 May 2011, 1 day, Vancouver to Seattle, Repositioning

9th cruise - Coral Princess 19 May 2011 2 day, San Francisco to Vancouver, Repositioning

10th & 11th cruises - Coral Princess 02 July to 16 July 2011, round trip Vancouver - Whittier Alaska, B2B

12th & 13th cruises - Sapphire Princess, x2, Cabins, 18 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning

14th & 15th cruises - Golden Princess, x2, Cabins, 24 Sep. 2011, 1 day, Seattle to Vancouver, Repositioning.

We have now reached Elite status with Princess Cruise Lines

16th cruise - Oasis of the Seas, 26 Nov. 2011, 7 day, Western Caribbean, Ft. Lauderdale, Ret.

17th & 18th cruises - Crown Princess B2B, 03 - 10 Dec & 10 - 17 Dec 2011, 14 Days, South & western Caribbean

19th cruise - Grand Princess, 31 Mar. - 07Jun.0212 7 Days, Eastern Caribbean, FLL - FLL

20th cruise - Island Princess, 06-16 June 2012, 10 day cruisetour Vancouver - Wittier

21th cruise - Emerald Princess, 16 day, 10 - 26 Sep. 2012, TA, Copenhagen - New York

Future & Hopeful Cruises !

( Already booked )

22nd crruise - Sapphire Princess 31 March - 06 April, 2013, 7 Day Coastal LA - LA

23th cruise - Royal Princess 16 June - 05 July, 2013, 19 Day Inaugural cruise, Southampton - Venice.

24th cruise - Emerald Princess, 01 Oct. - 16 Oct. 2013, 16 Day Cruisetour, Toronto Via Quebec City to New York City

25th cruise - Royal Princess, 14 November - 01 December, 2013, Eastern Caribbean, Fort Lauderdale Ret.

For the last two years, we have not had a credit card scanned at check-in. They simply asked if we wanted to use the card that had been entered in the personalizer and we said yes. No card had to be presented or scanned.

I noticed that lately too. DH has tried to give them his credit card to scan and they say they don't need them anymore if it's the same card that you entered on your Cruise Personalizer. Nice! :) One more thing we don't have to hassle with at check-in.

OP, just remember, ship happens. :D It's not the norm to have those things happen, but they do occasionally.

I always check the "Electronic Signature" on the Personalizer. I have not had to show a credit card since that option was added.

it happened to me...they called my cabin and said I had to put down cash deposit and I said you scanned my credit card and they were like that info didn't make it to the ship???!!!

also, i've noticed that the info on the cruise personalizer like OBC's and stuff never seems to be on record once on board the ship...does the front desk not have access to princess.com to look this stuff up once out to sea???

The last couple of times we have checked in with Princess, they didn't even scan my card. I put all the details on my Cruise Personaliser and they said tht's all I needed to do. If I wanted to use use a different card, then I guess they would have to scan it.

Archived