Allure Halloween Cruise Photo Report Oct 28th 2012

Sinppu

Back on the ship we had lunch at the Park Café. I had a salad with shrimp, mozzarella and caesar dressing (courtesy of the lovely Chrystal) Lowry just had everything in his.

IMG_8424.JPG

Here we both discovered something we ate many times later on the cruise.

I loved the white choc chip cookies and Lowry (all on his own, mind) met the mother of all sandwiches, (insert drrrrrrrrrrrrrums...ta-da!) Roast Beef. He had at least one a day after the first one.

IMG_8425.JPG

I am not going to reveal how many cookies I had. Uh no.

Today we saw OceanAria. I was a tad surprised how little it differed from the AquaTheater show on the Oasis but as they both are very impressive, it didn't bother me.

IMG_8490.JPG

IMG_8491.JPG

IMG_8502.JPG

This is just blood-curdling. I'm not so good with heights. In fact, they are a lot better off without me.

IMG_8505.JPG

HALLOWEEN!!!

We do not really celebrate Halloween in Finland so we were excited to see how far out some people would go with their costumes.

WOW. I don't think anything would have prepared us for the things we saw... You people do love theme parties!! :eek::D

There were many decorations on the ship the whole week.

IMG_8506.JPG

IMG_8371.JPG

There was a children's costume parade which we missed and later on one for adults. Many people wore their costumes the whole evening but did not participate in the parade.

There was competition for best costume, with three categories, individual, couple and group. Unfortunately I don't know who won but the competitions but boy the battle must have been TOUGH.

I have a lot of photos so sit back and relax (not too much though you'll still have to use the mouse on your computer).

Plenty of pirates around (I wonder why. Oh! We were on a ship! Does that explain it?)

IMG_8535.JPG

Edited by Sinppu

Freddie here was having a beer at the Bow and Stern Pub before the Parade. Surprisingly enough, he had a lot of company.

IMG_8569.JPG

Take note of the young lady dressed as a zombie. She will appear later on the cruise.

IMG_8570.JPG

IMG_8572.JPG

IMG_8573.JPG

My absolute favourite.

IMG_8576.JPG

IMG_8577.JPG

Robin Hood was giving out money to the poor. Personally I think he should have given it to Maid Marian, she couldn't afford a longer dress. The poor wench must be freezing when she goes back to Sherwood.

IMG_8578.JPG

IMG_8579.JPG

IMG_8580.JPG

IMG_8581.JPG

Edited by Sinppu

IMG_8585.JPG

IMG_8586.JPG

IMG_8587.JPG

I admired this lady extensively. She even had the perfect accent (it might have been the real deal, though.) And the Royal wave!

IMG_8590.JPG

They had also a Haunted House in Blaze on deck 4. Unfortunately I don't have photos from there as it was open only about 3 hours and the line to get in was so long I couldn't be bothered to wait.

We had quite late dinner this evening in the Windjammer. It was really quiet and calm there and the staff told us that if you go there when they are opening or closing for dinner, it will have a more relaxing atmosphere. We quite like the buffet so it was nice to hear it's not always like a battlefield.

I will continue tomorrow. I hope you'll all join me then for more to come :)

Edited by Sinppu

Hey Sinny! Really enjoying your review! I noticed they didn't butterfly your petite filet at Chops, which they did to mine :(. Oh well. Gotta love that breakfast on the balcony tradition :D. Those Halloween costumes are hilarious!!!

Thanks for posting, I love your sense of humor. Can't wait to read more!

~Chrystal

Hey Sinny! Really enjoying your review! I noticed they didn't butterfly your petite filet at Chops, which they did to mine :(. Oh well. Gotta love that breakfast on the balcony tradition :D. Those Halloween costumes are hilarious!!!

Thanks for posting, I love your sense of humor. Can't wait to read more!

~Chrystal

We were at Chops once and they insisted on butterflying any filet that was requested to be more cooked than medium.

Bob

I noticed they didn't butterfly your petite filet at Chops, which they did to mine :(.

We were at Chops once and they insisted on butterflying any filet that was requested to be more cooked than medium.

Bob

Mine was medium rare so maybe that explains it?

Thanks for the compliments, Chrystal :)

Bob

Aaah, that makes sense. Since I have a baby on the way I had to have mine medium well. Ugh :(

I wanted to try as many restaurants on board as we could. Lowry asked me to show him the grid I'd made but I always told him I didn't have one and rolled my eyes at him. I didn't have one, because I... ahem... left it at home. And it wasn't really a grid, just a paper with lines and names and times and the courses I'd be having. That's ALL.

OMG We are sooo alike. I want to try it all and yes, I have mapped out a course. :rolleyes:

Wow great job! It's making me even more pumped for my journey on Dec 9th on the Allure.

Eh, I could do without the OSU fan photo though!!!

My thoughts exactly about the OSU fan, glad you said it first.