Allure Halloween Cruise Photo Report Oct 28th 2012

Sinppu

Taking allure in a few months- Eastern Caribbean. wanted to know, was your outside balcony suite on the starboard side or port side..and what deck were you on? When you docked in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, how were your views from your balcony? what side of the ship is better to book for a balcony cabin... We are going to be portside on the 12th deck just before the first hump...

Also- RE: Maho Beach- what time did you get there to the beach and when did you leave to get back on the ship..:confused:. how many planes were you able to see...how much was taxi ride each way... any answers would be very helpful.... Wonderful review and excellent pictures- what type of camera did you use also... Thanks for the entertainment..

Back on the ship we had lunch at the Park Café. I had a salad with shrimp, mozzarella and caesar dressing (courtesy of the lovely Chrystal) Lowry just had everything in his.

Here we both discovered something we ate many times later on the cruise.

I loved the white choc chip cookies and Lowry (all on his own, mind) met the mother of all sandwiches, (insert drrrrrrrrrrrrrums...ta-da!) Roast Beef. He had at least one a day after the first one.

IMG_8425.JPG

I am not going to reveal how many cookies I had. Uh no.

Sinny we ate lunch there when we boarded. I was having 3 of those sandwiches a day, I skipped the cookies.

Loved your review. The pictures were great. One Question. Why do you call your mom Dragon? Just curious. Plan to do Alaska the end of August as well.Birthday cruise. May see you. You will love the Jewel. Lots of windows to view the ocean. Even in the elevators. Thanks again.

I know what you mean, but winner? Nope, seen this bathroom before. Here is a unique bathroom I posted a pic of back in 2006. Its so unique a few people will instantly be able to tell what ship and where it is.

guess.jpg

Enjoying your review, pardon my interruption.

That would be the Voyager of the Sea's.

We weren't talking about him seeing his own photo. I posted a photo of a ladies room and he said (as quoted right here):

He was referring to the photo I posted.

Now is that clear for you sweetie, 'cause I can explain it again for you. That would only be the second time now. Third time is a no-no.

It is tortilla española, a Spanish omelette with onions and potatoes. It is one of my favourite dishes and it was really delicious in Vintages. They make truly worthy tapas.

Sinny, Girl do you have blonde roots. I can't believe you fell for my comment on the mens room. You said you were rude. I call it Smart A_ _. I to am a Smart A_ _ to. So who won this compatition. Do I give you the 1st place and I take second. Hope I meet up with you on a cruise so we can have a smart A_ _ play off. Thanks for a great review and some real laughs. :D:D:D:D

Edited by tigger-ttfn

Thanks Sinny, outstanding review. You're a very interesting young lady;)

Now I'm going to take that one as a compliment.

Sinny..great review and your sense of humor made it so interesting and fun.

Thanks so much!

Laura

Thank you both for reading and commenting!

Taking allure in a few months- Eastern Caribbean. wanted to know, was your outside balcony suite on the starboard side or port side..and what deck were you on? When you docked in Nassau, St. Thomas and St. Maarten, how were your views from your balcony? what side of the ship is better to book for a balcony cabin... We are going to be portside on the 12th deck just before the first hump...

Also- RE: Maho Beach- what time did you get there to the beach and when did you leave to get back on the ship..:confused:. how many planes were you able to see...how much was taxi ride each way... any answers would be very helpful.... Wonderful review and excellent pictures- what type of camera did you use also... Thanks for the entertainment..

We were on the port side, deck 6 forward. Our views were always of the port area and in my opinion that is the better side, especially for sail away. Yours sounds great.

We were at the Beach a little before eleven and I think we left before 2pm. We saw at least 6 or seven small planes and two a little bigger ones. The really big ones come later in the afternoon.

The taxi ride is almost thirty minutes and the cost was $8 per person with 14 people in the car. When we came back there were 4 of us and then it was $9 pp.

The drivers will try to get a group as big as possible and it might get really hot in the car, so be prepared.

Glad you enjoyed the report, if you have any more questions fire away!

This was a great cruise... I was the one who brought his mother up during Quest, and also the Doctor Brown and the Nqughty Nurses group on Halloween..

For the one following who is going next year, you will have a blast!

Ha ha ha! That was the funniest part of the Quest :D

Sinny we ate lunch there when we boarded. I was having 3 of those sandwiches a day, I skipped the cookies.

3?! Good thing they didn't cost extra :D

One Question. Why do you call your mom Dragon? Just curious.

Plan to do Alaska the end of August as well.Birthday cruise. May see you. You will love the Jewel. Lots of windows to view the ocean. Even in the elevators. Thanks again.

It is all explained at the very first post of my Navigator Review ;)

Sinny, Girl do you have blonde roots. I can't believe you fell for my comment on the mens room. You said you were rude. I call it Smart A_ _. I to am a Smart A_ _ to. So who won this compatition. Do I give you the 1st place and I take second. Hope I meet up with you on a cruise so we can have a smart A_ _ play off. Thanks for a great review and some real laughs.

Actually my roots are already grey (been for 7 years now) so my secret is revealed: I'm just old and cranky. ;)

Bill hasn't yet reported back who won. (It would be ME of course, but just to make it clear to everyone else as well...)

Lowry always tells me that if my smart a--ing gets me a slap on the face from a stranger one day, I'll deserve it :D

I bet I'm bigger and more fit than you so bring it ON! :p

Sinny

Enjoyed your review along with the pictures. We cruise on Allure next month. We've been to the ports before. This cruise is strickly for the ship.

Joyce

That is a very good plan, Joyce.

You'll have a lot more time and space to explore.

Great idea :)

Born and raised in Finland. ;)

Well that makes two of us.

And a little bit more Finnish than the crew on your part :D

One of the security guys always said "Huomenta!" very happily when he scanned our cards on the gangway.

They were such sweethearts all :)

Edited by Sinppu

One of the security guys always said "Huomenta!" very happily when he scanned our cards on the gangway.

They were such sweethearts all :)

Yeah, some crew members who's been visiting in Finland gets quite excited when we tell them that we are originally from Finland. Once when my hubby was wearing a shirt with the Finnish flag one crew member said. "Kukkuluuruu mita kuuluu"

Yeah, some crew members who's been visiting in Finland gets quite excited when we tell them that we are originally from Finland. Once when my hubby was wearing a shirt with the Finnish flag one crew member said. "Kukkuluuruu mita kuuluu"

Oh that is priceless :D

We were on your sailing too. I wish we would have met you. We also had a great time our traveling companions won the Love and Marriage show. I love your pictures and review.:)

Did they?? How cool is that!!

You might have met me. I look nothing like my photos and am a real bore, to be honest.

Honest!

Edited by Sinppu