Allure Halloween Cruise Photo Report Oct 28th 2012

Sinppu

Great review! Sad that it's over. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

I'll have to spread the next one over a longer period of time :)

Glad you enjoyed it and I hope you like the Navigator. We did!

Our last evening had a sensational sunset.

IMG_8825.JPG

The ship was so beautiful and quiet. I wish we hadn't packed our swimwear in our luggage as the hot tubs and the pool deck (which we forgot to try) were almost completely empty.

IMG_8837.JPG

IMG_8824.JPG

IMG_8831.JPG

Central Park is magical after dark. It's lights reminded me a little about Christmas, especially as we had just heard that Finland got the first snow already...

IMG_8826.JPG

IMG_8836.JPG

Good night, Al. Hopefully we'll see you (or your sister, we're not picky) soon.

Love these shots. Make me want to be on a cruise now!

This is so fascinating, I have no idea what you are talking about but if it has anything to do with sports, I'm in the fight with you :D

LOL!!

Yes it is college sports-In post #14 you had a picture of Dndfunteam and they are wearing Ohio State University shirts. Someone from Pennsylvania made a comment as they are rivals but we just beat them in football! :)

Glammed up again.

IMG_8735.JPG

I love bright colours and wearing blue has a very special meaning to me as my name means "Blue" in Finnish. (My Mom always tells everyone that my Dad picked my name. Considering that blue is my mother's fave colour, I can say I have a very smart father too).

You look gorgeous! Not sure where you are from exactly but we visited Helsinki this summer and loved it! Your review was wonderful!

Edited by Coolcruise02

LOL!!

Yes it is college sports-In post #14 you had a picture of Dndfunteam and they are wearing Ohio State University shirts. Someone from Pennsylvania made a comment as they are rivals but we just beat them in football! :)

You look gorgeous!

I guessed as much :D (about the gorgeous part, I mean) Just kidding ;)

We don't have college/university teams here but I do know about sports rivalry. My husband's home town has two ice hockey teams. His team colours are yellow/green and the rival is blue/orange.

If he is wearing orange (his favourite) I am NOT allowed to wear blue :rolleyes:

Edited by Sinppu

Sinny,

this may be the best review I have ever read. Love your style and humor. Your pictures are great. After seeing the photos of the sea lion swim, I may have to try that. Swam with the dolphins last year and it was amazing.

I sail on Allure in 31 days and you really have me excited after this review.

Thanks again.

I wholeheartedly agree. Your review is definitely my favorite of any I've seen to date. Now I want to book a cruise with you! I think we'd get along quite well! ;)

We have to wait until May for Allure but thanks so much for getting us excited and for all the work you put into this review. It's awesome! :)

You were being watched! Have you checked to see if your "Marilyn" moment made it to YouTube yet :p?

Oh that would be absolutely brilliant :D

My 15 seconds of Fame :cool:

I wholeheartedly agree. Your review is definitely my favorite of any I've seen to date. Now I want to book a cruise with you! I think we'd get along quite well! ;)

We have to wait until May for Allure but thanks so much for getting us excited and for all the work you put into this review. It's awesome! :)

Thank you very much :)

I see you live in Orlando, we loved it. Went there last year after the Oasis cruise!

I lurk here mostly, but I had to say thank you for this review, one of the most entertaining that I've read.

We are on the Allure in April, and this review makes April way, way too far away.

Ocean Wave Dave (OWD)

so sad its over! thanks for a great review!:)

Thanks Dave and Bonnie,

it's always nice to hear I have been of service. ;)

Remember the part about me not getting along with heights?

Lowry doesn't have a problem with them. He wanted to impress me and went on the Zip Line.

2012-11-01-465.jpg

2012-11-01-468.jpg

2012-11-01-470.jpg

Now if we had been dating for a few months I would've probably been starry-eyed and fascinated by his courage.

After almost nine years together of which four years married, I just wanted to strangle him for nearly giving me a bloody heart attack!!

(I guess that was his payback from the "dress around my ears"-incident on Day 1...)

2012-11-01-464.jpg

Show-off.

I had to calm nerves with a glass of wine (I have many nerves and they all needed to be calmed down). We had a tapas lunch at Vintages in Central Park. The tortilla and paprika aioli were absolutely delicious. Cab croquetas and veggies were also nice, as was the red wine. It wash alsho veerry shhoothing on my nervesh.

IMG_8724.JPG

IMG_8722.JPG

Loving the report! Just curious... what is the triangle food items on top of the toast from vintages?

The picture Bill showed was a mens room

We weren't talking about him seeing his own photo. I posted a photo of a ladies room and he said (as quoted right here):

Nope, seen this bathroom before

He was referring to the photo I posted.

Now is that clear for you sweetie, 'cause I can explain it again for you. That would only be the second time now. Third time is a no-no.

Loving the report! Just curious... what is the triangle food items on top of the toast from vintages?

It is tortilla española, a Spanish omelette with onions and potatoes. It is one of my favourite dishes and it was really delicious in Vintages. They make truly worthy tapas.

Well here's a day I had been waiting for a looong time. Like, you know, months!

We've been to St Thomas before, on our first cruise in 2008. We did sightseeing and the cable car then and I wanted to do something memorable this time. Does it look like we succeeded?

IMG_2118.JPG

We booked a sea lion swim through RCCL. We picked the afternoon excursion which turned out to be lucky. On the morning swim there had been 9 people but we had only four in our group. That gave us a lot more time and more personable experience with Remo.

IMG_2128.JPG

We got to do all kinds of really cool things with him. The photos speak for themselves, don't they?

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2172.JPG

IMG_2059.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

Doing a 14 day on Eclipse Dec 1....after viewing this post, and without hesitation, I sent a reservation request in.

I was wondering if the water is cold, and without trying to be rude, the cost of the pictures.

Edited by mikedoes

Doing a 14 day on Eclipse Dec 1....after viewing this post, and without hesitation, I sent a reservation request in.

I was wondering if the water is cold, and without trying to be rude, the cost of the pictures.

The water is not cold at all and all the activities are done in the shade so you don't have to worry about sunburns.

They have one of the staff take the photos with a DSLR and transfer them to a USB Memory Stick. We had well over 150 photos on the stick and it cost $39.95. When comparing this to the price of photos on the ship, we thought it was well worth the money (plus you get the Memory Stick :)) I saved about 30 photos but I'm very picky with photo quality.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Thank you for the awesome review and pictures! You two are the cutest couple!!!!!:D

I know, that's why I picked him :D:p

Excellent review and pictures, Sinny! I'm sorry it's over so quickly, though!

We've done B2Bs on both Allure and Oasis and feel we missed things, too. Ready to go back at any time!

I REALLY need NOT to write so quickly...

Need any company on the next B2B?

Thank you both :)