Coffee cards?

stillabrownsfan

We will be doing a cruise on the Ruby in January, and I'm wondering if coffee cards are still accepted? Our 1st card Java Jack, from a Hawaii cruise still has punches left on it. On our Panama Canal cruise we got a 2nd card, King of Cups which also has punches left. Will we be able to use these cards on our Ruby cruise? :confused:

Thanks for the quick reply. ::)

Do you need a punch now for hot/iced tea or hot chocolate at the IC?

With your old cards, yes. Decide the value of a punch that could be used for a specialty coffee vs. paying for tea or hot chocolate. It may be cheaper to pay for these two items instead of using more valuable punches.

In the International Café and some lounges:

Brewed coffee is $1.25/cup, most specialty coffees are $2.50-$2.75 for a regular size, espresso $1.75.

$33.35 buys a coffee card with fifteen punch outs for specialty coffees, and unlimited brewed coffee at the cafes and lounges that have brewed coffee. You can also use it in the dining rooms for specialty coffees. The server is directed to take two punch outs for double shot orders, some do, some don't.

Since the coffee card is for a discrete quantity it's not time limited. If there are punch outs remaining at the end of the cruise the card will carry over to the next cruise. The unlimited brewed coffee does not carry over

Yes. On most ships it is the packaged powdered type mixed with boiling water.

On one CB cruise, it was actually steamed milk and chocolate syrup. They did not charge me a punch! Bonus!

On our recent Carribean Princess cruise, it was the powdered type. I was watching them make it, and they mixed it with a small amount of boiling water, and then filled the rest of the cup with frothed steamed milk. I would say that it was 3/4 filled with the steamed milk. My husband loved it!

Your coffee card is still good for any unused specialty coffee's. For the brewed regular coffee you will have to purchase a new card. I have one that has specialty coffee's unused and I plan on using it in May/June Alaska cruise.

Yes, the punches can still be used.

No, the cards are no longer valid for free brewed coffee. If you want that, it will take a punch.

Actually, it depends on who is behind the counter. I went every morning with my netbook and have the most decent coffee you can find on the ship. They knew me by name and out of 10 days, they punched me 2 times for brewed coffee. :)

We will be doing a cruise on the Ruby in January, and I'm wondering if coffee cards are still accepted? Our 1st card Java Jack, from a Hawaii cruise still has punches left on it. On our Panama Canal cruise we got a 2nd card, King of Cups which also has punches left. Will we be able to use these cards on our Ruby cruise? :confused:

The cards can be used as long as they have punches left.

No, the cards are no longer valid for free brewed coffee. If you want that, it will take a punch.

If the cards are the old style with no Ship name or date , they can still be used for fresh brewed coffee.

If the cards are the old style with no Ship name or date , they can still be used for fresh brewed coffee.

Not true. The old style is no longer honored for free fresh brewed coffee unless the person behind the counter makes a mistake.

The cards can be used as long as they have punches left.

Not true. The old style is no longer honored for free fresh brewed coffee unless the person behind the counter makes a mistake.

On our Hawaii cruise in April 2012 we where allowed to use our old coffee cards for brewed coffee as long as there where punches left.

Just got off of the Crown yesterday morning. I used my old coffee card(several cruises old) everyday(12) for fresh brewed coffee and they never punched it.

If I understand this thread correctly a coffee card entitles you to 15 specialty coffees and unlimited brewed coffee.

I have a few questions, I hope somebody can answer them.

Where are these coffees available (MDR, bars, poolside, etc.)?

Do they come in decaf?

How much is the brewed coffee without the card?

Besides these coffees is there such a thing as regular coffee and how much would that cost?

Are coffee cards available on board at the same price as on the Internet?

I'd appreciate any answers. Thanks.

Robert

We just got off Pacific Princess and got a coffee card. It did not state it was reusable and they wrote the ship's name and voyage number which leads me to believe it can't be used on other ships.

It means the unlimited free fresh brewed coffee cannot be obtained on other voyages, even on the same ship.

The punches can be used in the future on any Princess ship.

Archived