Question about getting rooms near each other

wrigc927

We have friends who booked after us and chose to not pay extra to pick their room. We have linked out reservations together so that we are at the same dinning table and we are in a balcony room on empress deck on the pride. They booked a guranteed balcony rate just were not able to pick their location so my question is what are the chances of us being near each other?

Thanks so much!

We have friends who booked after us and chose to not pay extra to pick their room. We have linked out reservations together so that we are at the same dinning table and we are in a balcony room on empress deck on the pride. They booked a guranteed balcony rate just were not able to pick their location so my question is what are the chances of us being near each other?

Thanks so much!

Once you're onboard, I don't think it will make much difference, unless you are on opposite ends of the ship, it doesn't take long to get from one to another.

Doug

It wont really matter if they are far or near, you are linked for dinner, and you probably wont spend that much time in your cabin. Friends or no friends, sometimes it's nice to put a little bit of space between you, so that the moments together are more precious.:D

linking the booking is for dinner purposes only.

Our first cruise was a guarantee booking-- we were all over the Main Deck really spread out-- 3 cabins were upgraded to oceanviews-- we had cabins in the front- in the middle and mostly in the aft.

-- Empress deck is the most sought after location-- plus many cabins here are extended balconies.

I wouldnt count on it and if it happens -great

Thanks so much!

Are they even on the Empress Deck. Without knowing what category they booked, they may not even be on the same deck as you.

What ship? If it's a Fantasy class ship, they are smaller and pretty straight forward with it's layout (cabin decks right are one after the other...R, M, U and then E and only a couple of those decks have balconies...with just a few cabins on V that is above Lido) so being on a different deck won't be all that big of an issue.

Edit- see you are on Pride. Well, you are on deck 6 (I was just there on the Pride's 2 day and was on deck 7 in April) and decks 4-8 all have balconies that they could end up on. We booked a GTY balcony for April and 3 weeks before the cruise we were assigned cabin 7436. I also heard of folks getting assigned the extended balconies that are forward on deck 5 (over the theater).

Archived