Empty suitcases

Hermione60

Hello everybody,

We will have a verandah stateroom on the Journey, and we are lucky enough fly with Emirates business class, so a 40kg luggage allowance - and I intend to make use of it! So, my question is: during the cruise, where do we stow the empty suitcases, and should we refrain from taking the really big ones?

You can either stow them under the beds, there is plenty of room there, or if your cases are too big, your stateroom attendant will take them to a store and bring them back the last day to allow you to :( repack them.

On Quest in August we stored our cases under the beds. I have just measured the depth/height when laid down - 30cm and it had to be 'pushed' under. Just a thought : Will the bed frames be replaced on the makeover and if so will this space be the same size?!

The edges of the bed are lower than underneath the bed. We usually have to lift the bed a bit and then slide in the suitcases. We have fairly large suitcases and they easily fit underneath. Have a great trip.

On Quest in August we stored our cases under the beds. I have just measured the depth/height when laid down - 30cm and it had to be 'pushed' under. Just a thought : Will the bed frames be replaced on the makeover and if so will this space be the same size?!

We were on the Quest this Oct. when mattresses and bed frames were replaced on our deck. Indeed the bed frames seemed significantly higher, in fact the bedside lamps on the cabinet beside the bed seemed almost too low. Not certain if those lamps are being replaced. Ship's crew also mentioned the new height.

Not certain how useful this information is since we didn't measure the frame height and our cases are relatively small; therefore, they easily fit under the old frames.

I'm certain others can be more helpful.

if in the market for new luggage, esp. good for fitting under bed on ship, check out Lipault soft luggage, essentially frameless, folds up when empty, even their largest 28/29" pullman will fold up and stow easily under bed. we had 2 of those + same in carry-ons on Quest cruise this summer - all fit under bed. best investment in luggage I ever made! be sure to get the soft style w/4 wheels. comes in various sizes. highly recommend! (and, no, I don't work for or sell Lipault luggage)

Archived