Nov 4, Allure of the Seas, Western Caribbean - A Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

DSC09623-3_zpsad4baa4c.jpg

DSC09623-4_zps4ad367a0.jpg

Once we got to On air we noticed that a karaoke contest was just ending, for some reason I missed that on the compass, everyone was sheering and having a blast. We got there on the last song =( and missed everything. In any case we sat down for the open microphone session, we waited about 20 minutes but nothing, so we took our loss, called it a night and went upstairs.

DSC09624_zps8036a923.jpg

DSC09626_zpsdb2d1c44.jpg

DSC09627_zps9e8b59a3.jpg

Back stairs mom and I went to the balcony and relaxed a little, that was it, our last night on the cruise. We enjoyed the breeze and listened to some Bob Seger music. It had been a great week and a most memorable one.

We finished packing and went to bed.

Day 8

We woke up at around 5am ??? to an impact of some sort. I am not sure what happened, but while docking the ship must of hit something, maybe some ramps? I don't know, I really did not pay much attention to it and went back to sleep.

Later on about 7:30 we woke up, mom and I went out to balcony and noticed all the trucks lining up to deliver all the goodies for that week.

DSC09633_zps5ee7a030.jpg

DSC09634_zps3ddcc55b.jpg

DSC09639_zpsee100760.jpg

DSC09640-Edit_zpsc4c1ef9d.jpg

Demarkation was fairly easy, we left the ship at 8:08 to pick up the bags and we were out waiting for our shuttle at 8:35.

DSC09654_zps6f4cda9d.jpg

We got home at 9:25.

Final thoughts.

I am kind of getting teary eyed as I am writing this, our trip on the ship was MAGICAL. I have been very fortunate during my lifetime to have traveled the way I do with the limited resources that I have. This is all thanks to a most supportive family that one can have. I had a lack of a father figure, but my mother and her side of the family made sure that I was one very happy child. With all the traveling that I have done, somehow this trip managed to be my favorite one. We had a great time aboard lady Allure and she introduced us to what a longer vacation aboard a cruise is like.

My eyes have been opened to a new way of traveling, one that will most likely be my only way of spending our vacations for some time to come. There is something special about getting on these vessels that take you to multiple destinations and not have to worry about nothing else but just having fun. I really can't think of anything else that compares to it.

The Allure is a wonderful ship, but not without it flaws. The crowds on the first day are pretty bad, but I guess that is what comes when you unleash 6,000 people into a compact space. The elevator software should be rewritten to one that is more efficient, or maybe there are just simply not enough elevators in the ship, I recommend using the forward elevators to avoid crowds. This ship is not for people that have mobility issues, we witnessed several older couples making comments and struggling to keep up with the crowds while getting off and back into the ship in ports.

One thing that I would like to note, is that I hate high pressure sale situations and during my preparation for this trip I read several reviews complaining about that. We never encountered anything like that in any of the specialty restaurants, the only time I saw a very mild form of it was at the spa, but a simple no was enough to make it clear that I was not interested.

The food was all very enjoyable, just a few items that I would avoid would be the escargot, baked alaska, rack of lamb (Giovanni's) and the dessert trio sampler, thats about all I can remember of the top of my head.

This is one ship that you need to be inside it to really appreciate its magnitude and the engineering marvel that she is. There are simply no amount of pictures or videos that will let you experience the real deal.

Thank You Very Much!

I learned a lot with this trip and this review, mostly about photography and communication. But what I learned the most is how much I enjoy doing this, it is a lot of work. I really can't imagine how many hours I put into it, but my wild guess is over 100 hrs in the review itself and a lot more in the ship photographing it. But all that time did not go in vain, I enjoyed every second of it. And more than that, I enjoyed sharing it with all of you.

I want to thank all my posters, without you all this review would not had been possible. One needs all those encouraging words to keep going strong until the end. Some of you had some very touching comments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Many thanks to all of you; (This list is thanks to mom)

beachbuddy, dmwnc1959, Beth C, Newwbeee, nursewurmy, *lovestx, BearBear69, Eng23, Bugsy4271, , LuckiStac13*Majesty*, vickie bernie, MaryAnn&Don, Sunny AZ Girl, raerom, RoamingRetirees, mitsugirly, reallyhooked, BillOh, DMickey28, Lorey 2007, *Just The 3 Of Us, dablondee525, mycruise2000, sailingoawaysoon ,funfamilyof6, kenlorz, suzyluvs2cruise,* Familygoboston, gvlgoflady, beachlovergirl, Chicky2181, swwake, northwoods2, odettemcf, S.A.M.J.R., MrFunInTheSun, smeck, Lioness, GSuitesailing, canadiancruiser13, leenerth, CruisingAg, meapaya, zimmCouple, Pooh8941, balcony4u,Mapleleaf,5, eiou, letscruisingasap, knots4cruising ,sleeplees, BettyPc, sunrise4, ririeck, Ocean 4, ewpsrp, jsinflsunshine, 3some, jonath, rubrrick, BecciBoo, Huddler, CitygirlSF, SenatorsFan, Iluvcruising2, LABCHICK, mp466, Darkwolfe, ATLfuzzy, dms42, micmacmissy, xeriod, dgittino, tiffanieb, VirtualRain, mdhill, BlondieB, BonTexasNY, Gambees BF, coolcat12, mac3835, cheshire cat, beaniebaby, nvcruising, Borocay Soul, Mickeefan, cruisingmama23, Brittasbay, rotting hell, CulinaryEscape, kevingsgirl88, avazah, Mark Debs, gambees_mom, lindasilk, Host Elizanessie, ksg, rvdnsx, Azs Cruising Nana, WannaCruise365, CUSECRUZER, Idytwk, Janntom, seeshore, d4nigirl, Isa65, RCruisingfamily, AkitaJoy,cosmar, kellance13879, Bandit236, jpolm, tiffygirl, jill1349, LouLou921, Jayfo, Dolby1000, bschoon60, clarea, NeuroQueen, Numccoy, macfin, wah20, dreamer976, volunteer cruiser, topanga49er, slh182,*** lemonade-sails, beachnative, coolnrj, MrUg, D300, Woe is me, Alseau, KirkNC, kingsnake57,TLC535, reeree313, workingmom200112, Cupcrazy, TNcruiser829, Sinppu, couple_cruisers, mszmek, mechcc, Hypo,***** wave rider, WhiteSoxFan, bdpatrick, venicia, OttoCal, CP3o, cruisinskier,**************** *********PhilNDobbieAt Sea, *melodyesch, roby2003, Jenjer, Bali505, Dancnlizard, modes, lisa414ny, shorbr, pzerba, Jan_In_Maine, attitudeda, poffles, PIGSKIN, chadbeck, juniosmom, sumo, jd_1976, floatel_lvr, simmy45, debitoo ,want2go2, cb8, jebl, clochette, marciab, Vibe,cruisinmamma, lawyergirl22, luckymike,, Nolsie, KDRCruisers, thtalks,Jacru,vipcruiser, Seapoint, north east girl, Rose-a-rita, jewel825, OncomingStorm, kac31, scottydog123, FMZ, jimbri, mechcc,* Dett,* tvry, leenerth

I also want thank all my non-posting followers, that 100,000 view mark would not had been possible to break without all of you, thank you.

And last but not least, I want to thank the moderators of this forum. Not only for giving me the 5 star rating, but also for the support they provided me during the writing the this review. We had a little bumps along the road :D, lol, but they were always there to help. Make sure you follow the forum guidelines ;). Thank you so much moderators, you were all very kind and understanding.

There will more reviews to come, we are in the process of deciding our next vacation, it will most likely be booked by the first week of december. I will bring this thread back to life, once I start writing my next review to inform my RCCL followers about it. I want to thank Beth C for that great idea :), thank you.

I will continue answer questions, so feel free to ask away.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did with this review.

Thank you for making this possible :)

The End.

Thank you again for such a terrific and complete review. Your photography is absolutely fantastic. I have been on the fence about these large ships, now I have no intention of missing them. I just received my Sony Nex F3 yesterday and am starting to play with it, I know I'm going to love it and I thank you for being such a terrific inspiration to take more pictures. I look forward to reading more of your reviews in the future!!

I am so SAD to see this review come to an end. I have been a 'silent' reader of this thread from the very beginning, and I have enjoyed EVERY minute of it! My son and I are cruising the lady Allure in 2014, and your review is the best review I've read of Allure. Fantastic job! Your detail is incredible and your pictures, beautiful.

Thank you for taking us along with you and your family on your vacation, and thank you for the countless hours you've spent on this review. I appreciate all that you've shown us about the Allure and I can't wait to get my chance to sail on her in 2014!! :D

Gambee, an excellent review I enjoyed it very much. Now I'll have to get a zoom lens for my nex camera when I go to Alaska :)

By the way, there is nothing wrong with getting a little teary eyed. I was the same way the last night aboard Oasis. Not just because of the incredible ship but the wonderful friendships I had made from our roll call. I can't wait till I'm on Allure in April 2014

Again, great job

Gambee, you have amazed us all. I have never read a review with such universal endorsements from all the readers. And it's certainly the single most comprehensive cruise review of all time. Yet it is more than just a review of the wonderful Allure. I think we have all been seduced by your sweet and vibrant personality, and how giving you are--one little example is the time and effort to type in all the user names of those who posted during your review. You have taken a rather mechanical venue (writing on an internet forum) to new levels. The accolades and interactions on the thread make this review truly unique. I know you will write more wonderful reviews and I hope this will be a springboard for a new career in writing and photography. I think by now you must feel a least 10 feet tall! Enjoy! Thank you!

Wonderful review! You put it over the top when you included a picture of the toilet paper :D, lol. I don't believe I have ever seen that shot before. I will also be looking for your next review. Thank you for taking the time to take all these beautiful pictures and put them together.

I think I just cried a little bit at the end of your review. :(

You have heard it before but I'll reiterate it again: you are a remarkable human being. To have gone through all this this effort, sharing your in depth personal experiences and complex feelings, your amazing photographic skills, opening up your life and introducing us to your mom and BF in a way that we all fell in love with your little trio - made this the best review I have ever read on any forum. Ever.

The only thing that makes this very sad event (the end of your review) OK is that I will be on her in 5 days.

Somehow I wish there was a way to make this review a 'Sticky' for another six months so that those coming in afterwards and may have missed reading this would still be able to experience a truly exceptional journey.

You have our highest respect and our sincerest gratitude. THANKS Gambee for everything.

Gambee I must admit I got a little teary eyed reading your last post. I always get teary eyed leaving my cruises. I am so grateful I have a cruise booked on Allure in January. Thank you for all your time and energy you put in your review. Thank you for taking all of us on your vacation with you, and letting us get to know your wonderful mother and your BF. Your are a wonderful reviewer and an amazing photographer! Please try and find a profession that would utilize your skills. You are extremely talented. I will look forward to your post letting us know your next cruise. I look forward to that review. Take care and good luck with all your endeavours!:)

I think I replied all the comments, please if I missed yours tell me. For some reason I think I missed one of someone offering me a martini, I remember reading it. I try my best to reply all of them, but I think that one escaped me and I can't find it.

Yes, Gambee, you did reply to my posting, but didn't take me up on the offer of the Dirty Martini, were you to be aboard Oasis at the end of January. The offer definitely still stands, but you may not be cruising until April for your birthday? BOO HOO!!! I will, however, be in Fort Lauderdale for two whole days prior to my cruise - there must be some great Martini bars in town. (Oh my gosh, hope I don't sound like a stalker!!):eek:

gambee, you have amazed us all. I have never read a review with such universal endorsements from all the readers. And it's certainly the single most comprehensive cruise review of all time. Yet it is more than just a review of the wonderful allure. I think we have all been seduced by your sweet and vibrant personality, and how giving you are--one little example is the time and effort to type in all the user names of those who posted during your review. You have taken a rather mechanical venue (writing on an internet forum) to new levels. The accolades and interactions on the thread make this review truly unique. I know you will write more wonderful reviews and i hope this will be a springboard for a new career in writing and photography. I think by now you must feel a least 10 feet tall! Enjoy! Thank you!

. . . What he said!!!

Hi Gambee! I just want to add my appreciation to your host of fans on CC. I have waited impatiently for each instalment. Fantastic photography and it ain't the camera, it's your eye for a picture that makes it work! It also added to the review that you shared much of your personal life, this added some context to the review. On the negative side, you have set the bar really high for others here. In fact, I think you have ruined other reviews on here for me now:rolleyes:. Thank you for the tour of Allure and the Carribbean, some day I hope to visit, partly as a result of your review. Best wishes to you, your mum and boyfriend. CI:D

P.S. You really should consider pursuing the photography as or as part of a career!

Edited by CruiseIreland