Suggestions for Mini-Suite on Ruby

vegas321

Looking at taking a Med cruise in June 2013 on the Ruby. Anyone have any suggestions on cabin selection for minisuites? Hoping to get some insider information on unique cabins that may have larger balconies or other things that make them special.

I also want select the right floor, as I want my balcony covered so that we're not viewed from passangers above.

Thanks

Looking at taking a Med cruise in June 2013 on the Ruby. Anyone have any suggestions on cabin selection for minisuites? Hoping to get some insider information on unique cabins that may have larger balconies or other things that make them special.

I also want select the right floor, as I want my balcony covered so that we're not viewed from passangers above.

Thanks

The only mini suites on the Ruby that are covered are on the Emerald deck (all other mini's are on the Dolphin deck and are uncovered)

We sailed in E730 on the Crown and had E729 booked on the Grand before upgrading to a Vista Suite at the last minute. Balcony is not quite twice the size of a normal mini-suite balcony. These balconies offer a great view but they are windy when at sea. I would grab one of these aft-most mini's on Emerald deck if they are available. I loved the fact they were covered.

Catagories have changed. They are MA to ME, so would an AD be the same as a MA?

You are correct! Categories for all ships will change around April 2013.

Here goes... On the Ruby categories will be MA (56), MB(134), MD (82), and ME(84). Number of cabins in parentheses for each category. In the code, M means Mini, and the second letter indicates location on the ship -- where A is midship,, B is mid-aft, C is mid-forward, D is aft, and E is forward. These are on decks not bordering upper or lower public decks.

It really is a good change.

The only mini suites on the Ruby that are covered are on the Emerald deck (all other mini's are on the Dolphin deck and are uncovered)

This is true!

We really don't mind having an uncovered Mini on Dolphin and LOVE the AA Mini Suite location ... extremely conveniet. :)

~~~~

Can't say for sure but the last two minis on Emerald on both the Diamond and the Golden have extra large balconies and come with loungers as well as the normal chairs. Someone who has sailed on her could confirm this.

I was in E 729 on Golden last April and all they had were two of the new-style chairs. No loungers.

I did ask my steward for 2 extra chairs, as the balcony is surely large enough, and we had several friends sailing with us.

We received 2 extra chairs and ottomans, but the loungers are gone.

Archived