Q vrs Z

Assuming you mean categories of inside staterooms here.

If that's the case, I believe the difference is really about location on the ship than the staterooms themselves being any different. Higher categories have "better" locations, like towards the middle of the ship or higher decks.

Guess that was pretty vague...

I sign up for a catagory Z on an upcoming Allure cruise. I just wanted to go cheap this time..so I choose a catagory Z...

Q was available but I couldnt see much of a difference in the description..and I saved $150.00pp. So now Im wondering what I could possibly be getting. I know my preferences are to mid ship and high.. and I realize I could be on the bottom deck. But wh

at is the difference between Q & Z?

Thanks

A category Q on the Allure is an assigned stateroom. Category Z is a guarantee cabin. I would go with the Z since the 'worst' cabin you could receive would be the $150 more expensive Q but you could also get assigned the "best" Interior cabin on the ship too :)

With a "Z" category you are guaranteed a cabin on the ship. In all likelyhood it will be an inside somewhere that no one else wants:o. The thing to understand with a guarantee category is that you can wind up with the lowest category inside in the worst location on the ship;). If you are not able to take what you get, this is not the category for you:p

A "Z" is a supercategory lumping all interior rooms together. You can be assigned anytype of inside room from no windows, to windowed rooms central park, boardwalk or promanede. They are all included in the "Z" supercategory.

Category "Q" is a specific type of room, typically lower decks or more forward or rear and no window. You can book a "Q" and pick if there is available inventory but sometimes they will also offer a "Q" guarantee. This means that based on availability, you would be assigned a minimum of a "Q" but could be assigned higher as well.

There really isn't much difference between the 2.

Guess that was pretty vague...

I sign up for a catagory Z on an upcoming Allure cruise. I just wanted to go cheap this time..so I choose a catagory Z...

Q was available but I couldnt see much of a difference in the description..and I saved $150.00pp. So now Im wondering what I could possibly be getting. I know my preferences are to mid ship and high.. and I realize I could be on the bottom deck. But wh

at is the difference between Q & Z?

Thanks

A Z is a guarantee inside cabin, so the cruiseline will assign a cabin...it could be any cabin on the ship, but will likely be an inside cabin. there is a chance they could assign an Oceanview or better, but expect an inside. It could be low deck or higher deck. it could be far at one end of the ship. It could be below a noisy public area. Can you live with that for the $150 pp? if so, keep the Z and spend the money on something else. you can watch the "my cruises" section of the website for an assignment. you could be assigned very soon or you might wait until just before the cruise. rarely you will not know your assignment until you get to the pier.

With a Q, you can presumably select your exact cabin. Is there a Q you like? is it worth $150 pp to you?

I have booked a fair number of gty cabins, but I do it with my eyes wide open. only book gty if you can happily accept any cabin in your category or higher.

Archived