One Man's Review of the Caribbean Princess

lovelearnteach

I find this review to be.......  

127 members have voted

1. 1. I find this review to be.......

Let me start off by warning everyone this is going to be a lengthy review, so for those not interested, now's your chance to move on. I'm also just starting this review and plan to take my time so if you do not want to wait and see what I post everyday then you will not enjoy reading this review. I welcome all comments, questions and concerns but if your going to get upset about how long I take to finish the review save us all some time. Okay there's my disclaimer :) so now to the juicy stuff and I got some great pix of the food to share :D.

Let me start off by giving a little info on myself. I'm a 42 year old single man who travels frequently with my 63 year old uncle. This is our 3rd Princess cruise together and we were sailing with the Chumley Bear Cruise group. There were over 550 people in our group from over 12 different countries.

We booked this cruise a year ahead, and 1 week before we were set to leave my dog got deathly ill. So that was a lingering dark cloud over our vacation, but we tried really hard not to let it overshadow our enjoyment of the vacation. It turns out she has Mythesis Gravis & Megaesophagus, both of which can be manageable, and so far seem to be. The Dr. says were are not out of the woods and of course a major worry for the rest of her life, besides the two diseases, is Aspiration pneumonia. About 90% of the time it goes into remission within the first 6 months of syptoms, so that is what we are praying for.

So now that that is out of the way on to my review of our cruise vacation. We planned to go to FLL on Thur. Nov. 8th as we had a pre-cruise party with our group at a bar called Scandles in Wilton Manors on Fri. Nov. 9th. We booked out flights with Southwest so I really went crazy with the packing, taking full advantage of the free 2 checked bags. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6a.m. and arrive into FLL at 1:20p.m. with a palne change in BWI on the 8th.

Here we are at the garage airport parking getting ready to start our 10-day adventure, bye St. Louis see on Nov. 17th :).

001.jpg.4e34b8658d63fc5f285f65f7d1bf3606.jpg

002.jpg.4884c1bf3581ff9ef9e382bd80939061.jpg

OP - are you referring to your review in your signature from December, 2011?

No that was of the Ruby and you can see I took awhile to write that one thus the disclaimer that I'm going to take my time writing, so I don't want to lead anyone on if your expecting info right away :D:).