Our Review- Celebrity Eclipse - Nov. 9, 2012

tanelicus

Thank you for a very balanced review.

If I ever take my grandchildren on a cruise I would take them on RC ship based on your and others recommendations.

Definitely, do your homework before you choose a line/ship. Those of us who always did it in school, usually do a better job of this. I loved RCCL when I was younger and would still consider it today. When you read what people write look at their ages, how many times they have cruised and other statistics. Even look at what is NOT said. You spend good money for a cruise and what it to be as tailored as possible to your needs, but not perfect. By all means, don't take your grandchildren unless you thoroughly understand what is offered by Celebrity. Certain kids would be fine with Celebrity, but may enjoy Disney or other lines more. Bottom Line: DYH:)

[/font][/size]

Overall, entertainment and activity was probably where Celebrity lost us, maybe for good. We enjoyed ourselves, but after a while what Celebrity offers for entertainment gets old, seems unimaginative and was not very memorable. Again, this is our opinion, and many people like Celebrity’s brand of entertainment. We would never take our kids on a Celebrity cruise. It was plain to see that there just wouldn’t be enough to keep them busy and having a good time. Our kids love pools and active areas, and really the S class ships only have the one pool and a basketball court. It’s not a slam on Celebrity, but just a realistic observation based on our kids. They don’t really get into the club activities.

Just so that others reading this know, it depends on the kids and time of year. My granddaughter & I have been sailing on Celebrity since she was 8, and she loves it. She's 13 now, and we're going again for Feb. break. I notice your sailing was in Nov -- when most kids are in school. When we go during school break or summer for Alaska, there are plenty of other kids and stuff to do. She does some of the club activities and other stuff on her own or with me. The kids/teens get a daily activity schedule just like the adults -- she and I would have breakfast on the balcony and choose our activities for the day -- she'd pick out some of the club stuff and some of the "adult" stuff, and the times we'd meet, etc. It was great! Celebrity is her favorite cruise line.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived