Celebrity Reflection

wdr59911

Well, I just booked Reflection for the 3 nighter next week:D

I am going with a cheap inside cabin and knowing myself the way

I do? I will enjoy all 3 nights:D and especially after all these years

I will finally get to meet Chessbriar too!:D

See you on the ship! We'll be in a Sig Suite, hogging up the other side of the sky lounge...:p

See you on the ship! We'll be in a Sig Suite, hogging up the other side of the sky lounge...:p

Big suite, huh?;) May I stop by to see it?.......I have a little ole

cabin:D:p

Signature Suite doesn't seem to be all that big but it's only two of us and we thought it would be a fun splurge. Happy to show it to you if we can figure out how to connect onboard. It sounds like there isn't a bad cabin on this ship.

Edited by MiamiBeach

Signature Suite doesn't seem to be all that big but it's only two of us and we thought it would be a fun splurge. Happy to show it to you if we can figure out how to connect onboard. It sounds like there isn't a bad cabin on this ship.

This is a splurge for me too.....I could have done a balcony but for

3 nights the price jump was stupid:eek: (I sail solo). I just went on Summit,

sold my old condo and moved into a new one:) Had the closing

on my old one yesterday:D so this little cruise is a definite "extra";)

I need a bit of guidance on a CC room for a first timer. We had chosen 2168 because of the little extra pampering of CC and what appeared to be extra room from the hump. I was concerned because the other decks show the rooms smaller and this one seemed larger - BUT if I am ever to get my husband back on a cruise the room has to be fantastic and without too much noise. I get the feeling being under the men's room and quite near the dining room on the deck above will be a bad thing. Additionally, I am not happy with a less than perfect view mentioned on a prior post. The aft rooms such as 1692 seem to get positive comments on deck 11 and wonder if they are really as crammed in as it seems. Also, would we still lack a view if we were in deck 11 hump rooms such as 1636 or 1634?

I really appreciate some guidance because if this cruise isn't absolutely perfect in terms of room - it could go down hill fast.

Thank you so much in advance:)

There is nothing unique about the reflection cabins vs other solstice class ship cabins, other than an extra deck and some new suites. All of the non suite cabins are the same size (that includes inside cabins as well)...however a few have larger balconies. (note: some handicapped cabins are larger out of necessity).

You will reduce your risk of noise by being in a cabin with other cabins on the deck above and below you. Of course, if you have noisy neighbors, it's unpredictable.

I would choose a cabin on the hump...because there is no overhang above blocking the sun or reducing the view of the sky. Don't worry if it's concierge class or not...the difference in perks is not great enough to compromise your cabin location.

Some prefer aft cabins....long view of the ship's wake. They are nice, unless you hit rough weather which can happen....and you will feel more motion in the very front and very back of any ship.

Edited by ghstudio

Thank you so much. When I originally picked the cabin I did not think about common area noise above and with the help of postings - I realized deck 12 would not be an ideal location. I also know, that for me, the aft is bad because of motion issues - so, a hump on deck 11 it is.

I need a bit of guidance on a CC room for a first timer. We had chosen 2168 because of the little extra pampering of CC and what appeared to be extra room from the hump. I was concerned because the other decks show the rooms smaller and this one seemed larger - BUT if I am ever to get my husband back on a cruise the room has to be fantastic and without too much noise. I get the feeling being under the men's room and quite near the dining room on the deck above will be a bad thing. Additionally, I am not happy with a less than perfect view mentioned on a prior post. The aft rooms such as 1692 seem to get positive comments on deck 11 and wonder if they are really as crammed in as it seems. Also, would we still lack a view if we were in deck 11 hump rooms such as 1636 or 1634?

I really appreciate some guidance because if this cruise isn't absolutely perfect in terms of room - it could go down hill fast.

Thank you so much in advance:)

You may refer to this post for some ideas.

The photo will give you an idea of what hump balconies look like on the S-class ships.

Cabin numbers are added for your orientation.

Note the difference in size.

The best one is 1634.

However, I would rather book 9292, 9237, 8279, 8252 (A1, same design) rather than CC class. Compare the prices.

I would skip CC class with its "perks", save money and spend them on dining in specialty restaurants that are way better than Blu.

It all depends on the price difference.

288821v.jpg

Call me madcap, but I think that extra deep balcony takes away from the view - less water to watch up close when inside the cabin.

I agree. I found our balcony on Reflection to be a perfect size for two people. We were in 8244, one of the staterooms on the hump (it would be two staterooms to the right of the photo on deck 8). What I like about the standard hump cabins is that you can look forward and aft along the full length of the ship. I enjoy looking where we are going more than where we have been, so at least a forward facing angled cabin would be preferred, but being able to have 180 degree views is best, especially when entering or leaving a port, or close to a coast line. Having our bed by the balcony was also a plus. We left the curtains open at night so we were able to see the moonlight on the waves as we fell asleep, and our first view in the morning was the water outside our "shallow" balcony. The good life!!!

Edited by boogs

Call me madcap, but I think that extra deep balcony takes away from the view - less water to watch up close when inside the cabin.

I understand what you mean.

But Celebrity balcony cabins do not have wall to wall windows (like QM2, for exmple).

So the size of the window (glass door) limits the view a bit thus masking a good part of a difference between the "deep" and "shallow" balconies IMO.

And the first from the hump balcony (like 1634) still provide 180 degree views.

I like both "first from the hump" (forward and aft).

The aft one seems to have less wind factor.

Edited by cruisetrail

" I sure hope I am able to avoid every Elite onboard..."

Actually, some of us who have Elite status are really nice people who just happen to enjoy cruising and are looking forward to their Feb. 23 cruise even though we're stuck in the dreaded 12th deck on the hump. Yes, we're in Aqua Class cabins, but it's a first time experience that we and a group of friends thought we'd try on a new ship.

I understand what you mean.

But Celebrity balcony cabins do not have wall to wall windows (like QM2, for exmple).

So the size of the window (glass door) limits the view a bit thus masking a good part of a difference between the "deep" and "shallow" balconies IMO.

And the first from the hump balcony (like 1634) still provide 180 degree views.

I like both "first from the hump" (forward and aft).

The aft one seems to have less wind factor.

Wall to wall windows are not as special as you think. When the curtains are open, they will block the portion of the window at the walls. That is unavoidable. The windows on Reflection (and her sisters) are a bit narrower, true, but when the curtains are open all the way only the short wall sections are covered, while the windows are fully exposed.

Sure, you can see 180 degrees if you stand at the corner of the "first from the hump" balcony and peer around the divider. Not quite the same as sitting comfortably on your chair on the regular hump balconies, drink in hand, and watching 180 degrees of the world glide by. You complain incessantly about obstruction of views in areas of S-class ships that don't cost you extra to use, but then you don't mind obstructed views while on your more expensive, extra fare, angled balcony.

Edited by boogs

Please report back on the signature suite. There is almost zero information about it posted, yet! I am thinking of upgrading from CS, but I don't know if I like the location, foreward, under the teen club. Let us know what you think!

Please report back on the signature suite. There is almost zero information about it posted, yet! I am thinking of upgrading from CS, but I don't know if I like the location, foreward, under the teen club. Let us know what you think!

Will do. There are quite a few photos floating around. No real reviews though. We picked 4111 which is furthest from the front/closest to Aqua Spa Cafe, not really adjacent to the Sky Lounge but rather some crew space (?), and under what looks like just the entry of the teen club. If there are noise issues, this one is probably the least likely to have them but I'll report back.

Husband is looking forward to the rain shower above the outdoor hot tub.

Well, I just booked Reflection for the 3 nighter next week:D

I am going with a cheap inside cabin and knowing myself the way

I do? I will enjoy all 3 nights:D and especially after all these years

I will finally get to meet Chessbriar too!:D

I'm so jealous! You'll love her.

I wish I lived in florida i'd SO do the 3 nighter!

This is a splurge for me too.....I could have done a balcony but for

3 nights the price jump was stupid:eek: (I sail solo). I just went on Summit,

sold my old condo and moved into a new one:) Had the closing

on my old one yesterday:D so this little cruise is a definite "extra";)

Personally, I think it's the perfect way to celebrate the closing of one chapter and the beginning of the next one, if you ask me. :-)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5086

Any News on the problems

Rich

Member Xellent is on board is has been reporting her progress http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1719609. One of his recent reports informs us that she has been sailing at about 18 knots on her way to Miami, where repairs will be made. Still not sure what the actual problem is, however.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5086

Any News on the problems

Rich

She seems to be making good progress. You can see where she is here, zooming out on the tab and scrolling down on the page for air and sea temperatures etc that Reflection is reporting:

http://www.sailwx.info/shiptrack/shipposition.phtml?call=9HA3047

Phil

I have purposely avoided reading and posting for the last few weeks as I can't stand the bickering. Remember, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

My husband and I sailed on the inaugural of Reflection, AQ 2149, slightly off the hump. Nine night sailing, eight days of rain, consequently all indoor spaces were utilized to the max. It did not feel too crowded, ever. Seems that the busiest spot was the sales center where people were lined up night and day to book their next cruise, which tells me that Celebrity was doing something right.

My larger, angled balcony on deck 12 worked perfectly on those rainy days. I put on several layers of clothes, and a blanket and thoroughly enjoyed the view, even in the rain, protected by the overhang. Bed was positioned closer to the balcony, but it didn't matter as Aqua Class does not permit triple occupancy. The food and service at BLU were outstanding, and the only time we ever had to "wait" for a table was on the first night, when it was suggested that we arrive after 8 PM. The tables WERE close together, which facilitated conversing with fellow passengers, when we chose to do so, which was every meal. BLU is fine dining at sea, small ship experience on a large ship. We ate in the MDR twice, food and service were really good.

We are not Elite as this was our first time sailing Celebrity, but we have cruised with other lines, so I won't begin to get into the free drinks, coupons debate. On our other sailings we have bypassed ports because of weather, political issues, and all sorts of other reasons. We never received any sort of compensation, with the exception of the inaugural of Sovereign of the Seas, which experienced problems because of the politics in Haiti at the time, and also because the ship was trapped in San Juan Harbor when a tanker ran aground in the channel leading in and out of the harbor. The additional 14 hours in San Juan caused us to bypass St Thomas, and passengers were very upset, missing the opportunity to shop, which I didn't care about, and also missing out on the fanfare of the very first new cruise ship in each port in decades, which I did. All passengers received a certificate for a "buy one, get one free" cruise, which my husband and I used a few months later, to take our kids. All in all, a good deal. If you are unwilling or unable to deal with the unexpected, I suggest you stay at home.

I have purposely avoided reading and posting for the last few weeks as I can't stand the bickering. Remember, "One man's trash is another man's treasure".

My husband and I sailed on the inaugural of Reflection, AQ 2149, slightly off the hump. Nine night sailing, eight days of rain, consequently all indoor spaces were utilized to the max. It did not feel too crowded, ever. Seems that the busiest spot was the sales center where people were lined up night and day to book their next cruise, which tells me that Celebrity was doing something right.

My larger, angled balcony on deck 12 worked perfectly on those rainy days. I put on several layers of clothes, and a blanket and thoroughly enjoyed the view, even in the rain, protected by the overhang. Bed was positioned closer to the balcony, but it didn't matter as Aqua Class does not permit triple occupancy. The food and service at BLU were outstanding, and the only time we ever had to "wait" for a table was on the first night, when it was suggested that we arrive after 8 PM. The tables WERE close together, which facilitated conversing with fellow passengers, when we chose to do so, which was every meal. BLU is fine dining at sea, small ship experience on a large ship. We ate in the MDR twice, food and service were really good.

We are not Elite as this was our first time sailing Celebrity, but we have cruised with other lines, so I won't begin to get into the free drinks, coupons debate. On our other sailings we have bypassed ports because of weather, political issues, and all sorts of other reasons. We never received any sort of compensation, with the exception of the inaugural of Sovereign of the Seas, which experienced problems because of the politics in Haiti at the time, and also because the ship was trapped in San Juan Harbor when a tanker ran aground in the channel leading in and out of the harbor. The additional 14 hours in San Juan caused us to bypass St Thomas, and passengers were very upset, missing the opportunity to shop, which I didn't care about, and also missing out on the fanfare of the very first new cruise ship in each port in decades, which I did. All passengers received a certificate for a "buy one, get one free" cruise, which my husband and I used a few months later, to take our kids. All in all, a good deal. If you are unwilling or unable to deal with the unexpected, I suggest you stay at home.

Thank you for your opinions. It's always good to have another point of view. And I agree with your statement, "If you are unwilling or unable to deal with the unexpected, I suggest you at home". This is so true when it comes to cruising.